Thread: Opening Sequence

Default Opening Sequence

I was wondering this morning what kind of opening sequence we would get to start the movie...is it going to be a voice over similar to the first with Prime narrating, or will we get a holy s^#$ moment and then the main title sequence. I am good with either, but if it was an opening with a narration; who would be the best voice to narrate? I don't think it should be Optimus. If this is going to be a darker film for the 'bots, maybe it is better served with Starscream giving the narration with his thoughts or with Soundwave doing it (OMFG that would be killer).

Thoughts......
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

Banned

Default Re: Opening Sequence

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypuddy View Post
    I was wondering this morning what kind of opening sequence we would get to start the movie...is it going to be a voice over similar to the first with Prime narrating, or will we get a holy s^#$ moment and then the main title sequence. I am good with either, but if it was an opening with a narration; who would be the best voice to narrate? I don't think it should be Optimus. If this is going to be a darker film for the 'bots, maybe it is better served with Starscream giving the narration with his thoughts or with Soundwave doing it (OMFG that would be killer).

Thoughts......
    I think with everything that has happened between the two movies with the Reign of Starscream and the Alliance series, it would be sweet to get a narration from Starscream and get his take on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I think with everything that has happened between the two movies with the Reign of Starscream and the Alliance series, it would be sweet to get a narration from Starscream and get his take on things.

I agree....too bad Latta passed away....it would friggen insane to hear him do the voice over and finish with him saying "Pathetic fools!!!" THAT would probably bring me to tears of complete joy!!!

Thoughts......
    I beleave the opening scene was the one in China. But since it probebly wont have anything to do with it... I would like to hear bublebee narrating with his radio
    naaah, just kidding. It would indeed be cool te see soundwave or starcream. Maybe something like this:
    The screen is bright yellow. The sun fills the whole screen. sowly going backwards, you see something approaching from space. it slows down and it passes by the screen. now behind it you see it is altering its cours towards a planet. the camara starts following it. close enough it starts to silently orbeting the atmosfeer (?) of the planet. it changes shape, and you clearly hear: "Arrived to destination. Begin secuence A459C17." You hear some radio noise (?). "Object acomplished. Contact with human Tecnology. Control of Nasa Main Network achieved." Then you hear some cybertronian languege. In English subtitle you read: Succesfully found landing locations. Co÷rdinents now sending. "Well done Soundwave, we will be here in a few hours." then "all decepticons, transmit your locations." some locations stuff mumbling. "WHAT!!! hurry up you pathetic fools!!!(). If youre not on earth in the next megacycle, ill turn you into scrapmetal!!!!"

please dont mind my english :P
    not much starcream, but he did say pathetic fools :P
    I had a lot of inspiration, what do you think?
    Last edited by guppyvh; 03-11-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling :P
    Megatron: Rest in pieces
    ------
    Muda: "Im a girl, not stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by guppyvh View Post
    I beleave the opening scene was the one in China. But since it probebly wont have anything to do with it... I would like to hear bublebee narrating with his radio
    naaah, just kidding. It would indeed be cool te see soundwave or starcream. Maybe something like this:
    The screen is bright yellow. The sun fills the whole screen. sowly going backwards, you see something approaching from space. it slows down and it passes by the screen. now behind it you see it is altering its cours towards a planet. the camara starts following it. close enough it starts to silently orbeting the atmosfeer (?) of the planet. it changes shape, and you clearly hear: "Arrived to destination. Begin secuence A459C17." You hear some radio noise (?). "Object acomplished. Contact with human Tecnology. Control of Nasa Main Network achieved." Then you hear some cybertronian languege. In English subtitle you read: Succesfully found landing locations. Co÷rdinents now sending. "Well done Soundwave, we will be here in a few hours." then "all decepticons, transmit your locations." some locations stuff mumbling. "WHAT!!! hurry up you pathetic fools!!!(). If youre not on earth in the next megacycle, ill turn you into scrapmetal!!!!"

please dont mind my english :P
    not much starcream, but he did say pathetic fools :P
    I had a lot of inspiration, what do you think?
    Lol, that's good stuff Gupp. I would love to hear Starscream narrate this one in the beginning but I doubt it will happen. We didn't really get enough of his voice in the first movie to get use to it. I'm thinking "holy sh*t" moment myself, but I could be wrong. Something with SS in the beginning would definitely be a winner in many books.
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

Quote Originally Posted by Firefrost View Post
    Lol, that's good stuff Gupp. I would love to hear Starscream narrate this one in the beginning but I doubt it will happen. We didn't really get enough of his voice in the first movie to get use to it. I'm thinking "holy sh*t" moment myself, but I could be wrong. Something with SS in the beginning would definitely be a winner in many books.
    Thanks! Its a shame starscream just said 2 sentence (?) in the whole movie...
    I think you will have enough holy sh*t moment in the movie btw, even if it isnt starscream
    ------

I want to be scared just like I was in the first movie when Black OUT said hello... I am hoping that the China/Bethleham scenes are the opening because thats how you "bring the rain".

Thanks! Its a shame starscream just said 2 sentence (?) in the whole movie...
    I think you will have enough holy sh*t moment in the movie btw, even if it isnt starscream
    Without a doubt. I think the whole movie is going to be one of those moments. I can see the first 15 minutes delivering a very heavy blow to the senses. I would not doubt the whole Sideways chase/ Demolisher scenes to be within that 15 minutes. We should all wear Depends

Quote Originally Posted by Firefrost View Post
    Without a doubt. I think the whole movie is going to be one of those moments. I can see the first 15 minutes delivering a very heavy blow to the senses. I would not doubt the whole Sideways chase/ Demolisher scenes to be within that 15 minutes. We should all wear Depends
    Good idea, i dont think the theater will let us in again if we made to much of a mess
    We will probebly have to watch the movie at least 5 times before we will really understand whats going on. Not that I mind though
    ------

Good idea, i dont think the theater will let us in again if we made to much of a mess
    We will probebly have to watch the movie at least 5 times before we will really understand whats going on. Not that I mind though
    I don't mind one bit.

Will they even cover what the comics have been covering or will the movie just jump right in to the awesomeness???
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Optimash Prime View Post
    Will they even cover what the comics have been covering or will the movie just jump right in to the awesomeness???
    sure they will follow the comics. Why? Because Starscream has his new tattooed look in the movie that he picked up from the Alliance series.

USA--Bethlehem, PA The former hideout of Demolishor

If this is going to be a darker film for the 'bots, maybe it is better served with Starscream giving the narration with his thoughts or with Soundwave doing it
    I have to admit reading this idea---of hearing 'Soundwave' open the film like Prime did the last one---would send chills down my spine

Great theory!!
    A creative signature would be right here if I wasn't such a procrast.....

I'm betting the decepticons landing on the aircraft carriers and bay-sploding them is somehow part of the opening. Just a theory

heres my idea of the beginning. Starts on cybertron with staarscream rallying decepticons and talking about the humans and how they will get revenge. Then i think it will cut to japan were we see sector 7 im mean (autobot alliance) people closing in on an escavator. (Demolsher) Demolisher transforms and causes damage. next scene is the one from the trailer. Optimus comming in and jumping on Demolisher. Then prime gets thrown off. You see a GMC topkick (ironhide) and an H2 Hummer (Reachet) entering the city through an allyway they transform and start to fire at Demolisher. Mean while sector 7 is fireing thos sable rounds at Demolisher. A camero enters the scene (Bumblebee) it transformrs and fires at demolisher. ironhide runns off the side of a building firing at Demolisher. Rachet goes to halt Demolishers big wheel. Bumblebee runs in rolls jumps and is holding on to demolishers left hand. Prime goes doublebladed sabeer and cuts one of Demolishers fingers off. Then ironhide hits Demolisher in his spark area. Demolisher decides to retreat. Demolisher transformers into his bike looking mode and drives off.

Now thats what i think. Whoops that was a bit long. sorry lol. i made script for the movie on Microsoft word and that was a little bit of it. It just looks like in the trailer that thats the beginning part of the movie. (of course not that detailed) lol fanboy mind
    Last edited by dragonfire144; 03-11-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfire144 View Post
    Demolisher transformers into his bike looking mode and drives off.
    HUH????

I do like the premise of Guppy's Soundwave beginning, but SS would be a detractor... he could say his lines once the movie started and it would fit better! Also- depends on who voices Soundwave. Welker would be cool from a fanboy perspective, but Michael Clark Duncan, or the dude who voiced Kratos would both be awesome choices.
    SUCK MY POPSICLE!

Quote Originally Posted by UnclePetey View Post
    HUH????

I do like the premise of Guppy's Soundwave beginning, but SS would be a detractor... he could say his lines once the movie started and it would fit better! Also- depends on who voices Soundwave. Welker would be cool from a fanboy perspective, but Michael Clark Duncan, or the dude who voiced Kratos would both be awesome choices.

You know when the toy can turn into this sorta bike thing with 2 wheels thats what i mean.

Peter Cullen is doing the opening again. I'm glad, to be honest, he's got such a powerful booming voice. He recorded his opening in October 2008 I belive.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGarwood View Post
    Peter Cullen is doing the opening again. I'm glad, to be honest, he's got such a powerful booming voice. He recorded his opening in October 2008 I belive.
    uh?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGarwood View Post

ummmm....back up this comment.....got a link for us????? Where did this info come from??

I honestly forgot where I read it but I read it somewhere and I think it was a good source as well. But all I know is Optimus is doing the opening again and recorded it early before the rest of the voice acting.

Try Here
    Or...
    Here

“I’ve only done the opening,” voiceover legend Peter Cullen told MTV News, updating us on the lengthy process of recording lines for the film. “[Michael] Bay brought me in to get them started on some of the animation part of it. I think they require a voiceover for it, [and then] we’ll get into the main stuff more towards the end of the fall…November, perhaps.”

This is from back in September in an interview with MTV News. I remembered reading this after seeing Jasons post.