Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An Interview with Welker, and One Last Plea to Michael

Default Re: An Interview with Welker, and One Last Plea to Michael

Quote Originally Posted by megatron42 View Post
    thank you michael.. if you come to cincinnati i'll buy you a drink
    Ill come to cincinnati to buy Michael a drink!!!
    Lets everyone go to Cincinnati to treat Michael!!!
    "When War comes...I will Awaken..to END it!"

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    I think I'm going to pursue Frank on Soundwave.

Michael

Quite interesting..interesting indeed.

USA--Bethlehem, PA The former hideout of Demolishor

Quote Originally Posted by thelastautobot View Post
    Instead of a drink let's treat Mr. Bay to a Wednesday opening record on the way to a billion-dollar box office take.

The real 'treat' is having a TRUE action director bring our 80's toys/cartoons to life---Spielberg was right---'Michael was born to direct TF'
    A creative signature would be right here if I wasn't such a procrast.....

I agree with this, considering I am also in Cincinnati. First round on me!

As far as the Welker thing goes, I couldn't really care less. I went on youtube and found some clips of Soundwave's voice, and with the effect of the vocoder, plus given the post recording altering technology that exists today, I think I could do the voice and it would achieve the proper effect.

I work cheap by the way.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

I read somewhere on here that Welker did want to do a role for TF2, but no one had approached him yet. If Michael does ask Frank to do Soundwave, I can see him accepting it.

And also, Big thank you to Michael Bay for the heads up and for reading the fan remarks.

we can't forget nelson
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fuego View Post
    IAs far as the Welker thing goes, I couldn't really care less. I went on youtube and found some clips of Soundwave's voice, and with the effect of the vocoder, plus given the post recording altering technology that exists today, I think I could do the voice and it would achieve the proper effect.
    Uh...no. No you can't. Believe me, I've heard plenty of fans try.

They. Always. Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by littleman794 View Post
    yes, wonderful style indeed...

-----OR-----

D) He may be considering getting him for TF3....

Bay-HEM in an IMAX theater near you on Wed. June 24th 2009!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!
    -----OR-----

E) He's just pulling your leg again like he has done many times and Frank Welker isn't going to voice anyone in this film.

As far as the Welker thing goes, I couldn't really care less. I went on youtube and found some clips of Soundwave's voice, and with the effect of the vocoder, plus given the post recording altering technology that exists today, I think I could do the voice and it would achieve the proper effect.
    Would you be happy to show us by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post

They. Always. Fail.
    Doesn't mean Ed Fuego will.

I agree with this, considering I am also in Cincinnati. First round on me!

I work cheap by the way.

Ed Fuego

Some guy at Don Murphy's forum did a pretty good version of it and he only had a crummy PC.

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post

They. Always. Fail.
    You put me in a room with the latest and greatest audio processing equipment (and someone who knows how to use it ), and I think I could make it sound pretty damn close.

Note, this does not think that I believe Welker isn't a great talent, and it would be obviously very difficult to try and replicate other voices of his. But just listening to Soundwave and how strong an effect that vocoder is, I think you could almost make anybody's voice close.

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Some guy at Don Murphy's forum did a pretty good version of it and he only had a crummy PC.
    In the words of the mythbusters, "Well there's your problem." If he had used a Mac it would have been perfect.
    - thegreat

In the words of the mythbusters, "Well there's your problem." If he had used a Mac it would have been perfect.
    I made a neat one using the MacInTalk voice and Garageband. It was totally not Frank Welker, but it sounded awesome.

Michael
    you will be doing a huge service to us fans for pursuing frank welker. i thank and applaud you. lets hope that frank welker agrees to the terms and that his artistic integrity is preserved.

to those who couldn't care less, than why you posting about it. if you couldn't care less than post on another topic.

frank knows the character and can deliver him better than anyone. just b/c you can imitate him doesn't mean you can voice act.
    Last edited by bliss81; 03-10-2009 at 09:42 PM.
    THE INCREDIBLE BLISS

Megatron: This was almost too easy, Starscream.
    Starscream: Much easier, almighty Megatron, than attacking the real threat. The Autobots' moonbase.
    Megatron: You're an idiot, Starscream.
    Starscream:
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1176/...a66fe8.jpg?v=0

Michael

Remember kids, if you cross your eyes for too long they'll get stuck, your parents really have eyes in the back of their heads (they're invisible), and everything you read on the internet is true...

I think I'll wait to see for myself. Michael Bay has already told us he would put out a lot of misinformation to keep fans guessing. I don't remember ever reading that his own forums were off limits. His statement could be another attempt at this misinformation or legit. Either way it will be a great film.

Thats one hell of a suggestion if Frank ISNT part of this!!

Thats what we call in the real world "false hope" and thats just flat out mean!

Wow....This REALLY IS serious for some of you...

Quote Originally Posted by bliss81 View Post
    you will be doing a huge service to us fans for pursuing frank welker. i thank and applaud you. lets hope that frank welker agrees to the terms and that his artistic integrity is preserved.

to those who couldn't care less, than why you posting about it. if you couldn't care less than post on another topic.

frank knows the character and can deliver him better than anyone. just b/c you can imitate him doesn't mean you can voice act.
    but most fans want SW to have a vocoder sound which everyone can make it using their voice.

if frank gonna do SW in rotf, then he better invent something new for soundwave and not to rely on that vocoder shit. if not then i hope bay and co. invent something interesting and cool for SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Do View Post
    but most fans want SW to have a vocoder sound which everyone can make it using their voice. if frank gonna do SW in rotf, then he better invent something new for soundwave
    I know how you feel but....I have seen dozens of "Simpsons" episodes where there is a portrayal of a famous actor/actress & at the end of the episode that person's name is absent from the credits and you see a quick disclaimer "Some celebrity voices were impersonated." [someone from the main cast {who are all equally talented} does the celebrity voice]. That brief sentence makes you feel different after watching a 22 minute episode.

Peter Cullen's 'Optimus' sounds so much better {and wiser} than the cartoon did. 'Soundwave' has a synthetic voice that would never change so I think that everyone will be pleased if in fact Welker reprises the role because it appeals to the 'Soundwave' fans that loved the character just by himself, the ones that loved the voice but thought he was a weak fighter & most of us {ME} who loved the combo created by a voice-over 'genius'

In closing, I have no doubts that the 3 writers & Mr. Bay-hem himself will see to it that 'Soundwave' in live-action will live up to ALL expectations

Quote Originally Posted by bliss81 View Post

I'm allowed to post my opinion on the manner. Some people might be in favor of Welker as Soundwave, some might dislike the idea, and some might not care either way. Those opinions are just as valid as yours. This "why are posting on this topic" reasoning is ridiculous. It's a message board; this is what people do on message boards.

And I don't recall ever saying I could voice act. All I said was that the technology has advanced to the point where it would probably be possible to make anyone's voice sound pretty damn close to Welker's Soundwave.

Ed Fuego
    - thegreat

Quote Originally Posted by Ladies_Man_217 View Post
    I know how you feel but....I have seen dozens of "Simpsons" episodes where there is a portrayal of a famous actor/actress & at the end of the episode that person's name is absent from the credits and you see a quick disclaimer "Some celebrity voices were impersonated." [someone from the main cast {who are all equally talented} does the celebrity voice]. That brief sentence makes you feel different after watching a 22 minute episode.

Peter Cullen's 'Optimus' sounds so much better {and wiser} than the cartoon did. 'Soundwave' has a synthetic voice that would never change so I think that everyone will be pleased if in fact Welker reprises the role because it appeals to the 'Soundwave' fans that loved the character just by himself, the ones that loved the voice but thought he was a weak fighter & most of us {ME} who loved the combo created by a voice-over 'genius'

In closing, I have no doubts that the 3 writers & Mr. Bay-hem himself will see to it that 'Soundwave' in live-action will live up to ALL expectations
    I agree w everything except i think Soundwave's voice can be WAAAAy better than the old 80's vocoder. You can for sure bump up the quality of recording and effects and being as how MB has any and all the robot effects he wants, Soundwave has got to have a sound that will be defining for his character being as how he plays a pretty big role in the film

I agree w everything except i think Soundwave's voice can be WAAAAy better than the old 80's vocoder. You can for sure bump up the quality of recording and effects and being as how MB has any and all the robot effects he wants, Soundwave has got to have a sound that will be defining for his character being as how he plays a pretty big role in the film
    I was just insinuating that it should remain 'synthetic'.
    You are most definitely right in the fact it will have a more modern touch-up if it is indeed Welker's voice. I'm Glad we are on the same page TLA

Quote Originally Posted by Ladies_Man_217 View Post
    I was just insinuating that it should remain 'synthetic'.
    You are most definitely right in the fact it will have a more modern touch-up if it is indeed Welker's voice. I'm Glad we are on the same page TLA
    For sure Ladiesman217, Im sorry for takin it wrong if I did!! I j wanted to assure you that on JUNE 24, 2009 WE ALL WILL HAVE OUR MINDS BLOWN!!!lol

Soundwave's voice needs to be reproduced by a vocoder (synthesizer that takes vocal input from microphone and passes it through a series of filters and oscillators). It could be done very well, with even a bit more processing to make it even more effective.

Did I see what looked like Skywarp (teleporting decepticon) in the newest trailer? hmmm...

-nOiZe

For sure Ladiesman217, Im sorry for takin it wrong if I did!!
    No--you didn't take it wrong at all. I worded it exactly like you read it. I should have gone over it just one more time for good measure.

This thread has over 10K views---that is awesome {1,000 are probably from me alone just waiting for another post by Mr. Bay----hopefully to one of my posts } One could only hope!