Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thief Thief Thief!!!

Default Re: Thief Thief Thief!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixgirl View Post
    The guy has too much time on his hands to be ripping of computer artists.
    LOL, yea but what else is there to do in Malaysia?

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    Just pay for a copyright and get it over with. You're only hurting yourself. Stop being so stubborn. If I didn't have the respect I do for artist I'd be doing the same thing if I found no copyright.
    What do I have to gain man? I'm not being stubborn, I'm being realistic. I copyright my personal projects. This stuff we do for fun. I'd waste more money on copyrights than I would ever get back.
    Shoot for the impossible...
    ...Then do it.

"It's not easy being a Michael Bay fan. In contemporary society you could be an overweight, disabled, lesbian, African-American Jew who smokes, and still you wouldn't be as discriminated against as much as someone who positively adores Armageddon."

www.jesterpictures.com www.jarek.com

USA--Bethlehem, PA The former hideout of Demolishor

I know this probably isn't the right time to bring this up but.....

That 'Jetfire' concept has got to be my favorite

p.s. I'm sure that eBay will take care of this matter for ya!!

Aren't you wasting your time and money trying to stop them now?

You could get your money back by selling some sort of thing like he is doing at conventions, deviant art, or on ebay. People would by them if they are from the original artist. There would be legal matters but wouldn't it be worth it if something like that happened? You could end up designing TF's for Hasbro.

Aren't you wasting your time and money trying to stop them now?

You could get your money back by selling some sort of thing like he is doing at conventions, deviant art, or on ebay. People would by them if they are from the original artist. There would be legal matters but wouldn't it be worth it if something like that happened? You could end up designing TF's for Hasbro.
    How am I wasting money again?
    ...Then do it.

"It's not easy being a Michael Bay fan. In contemporary society you could be an overweight, disabled, lesbian, African-American Jew who smokes, and still you wouldn't be as discriminated against as much as someone who positively adores Armageddon."

Dunno, are you? Was a question. Anyway, good luck. Hope you get it settled. Sucked last time and it will suck again, lol.

Aw...Jester! I fell so bad for you. I would feel the same way if someone stole my stories. *Hugs.*
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Dunno, are you? Was a question. Anyway, good luck. Hope you get it settled. Sucked last time and it will suck again, lol.
    Ebay will take it down in a couple days.
    ...Then do it.

i imagine the guy's gonna get some fair backlash once the movie comes out and everyone of his customers finds none of the bots in it! although too late to really matter, unless we all get on ebay and hassle the crap out of him!

If you really like something you've created you should get it copy written. Just think of poor Tetris :-(

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesterJJZ View Post
    I'm not spending $40 a pop to copyright fanwork.
    then quit crying.

Bidding has ended for this item

I guess this means that its been removed? That or its been purchased. It still sucks.

Not your picture!

Just the fact that someone did this. I know If someone did this to me I'd be upset about it. Hope things get straighten out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    then quit crying.
    Who said I was. I think it's hilarious.
    ...Then do it.

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Who said I was. I think it's hilarious.
    I don't think it's funny at all. I wouldn't take it so lightly if it was something of mine i put my time into. However, if your not going to do anything with it at least someone is making money off it

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    well then there really isnt a thing you can do then bro. But think about it... if you would have spent that $40 to copyrite it and seen someone like this jerk taking and making money off your ideas you would have a lot more money right now
    yeah, very agreeable
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

i googled for an av of jetfire.. i found one like the one on ebays auction
    and using for an av on a snowmobile board
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    However, if your not going to do anything with it at least someone is making money off it
    Well that's certainly a shit view of how these things work no?
    ...Then do it.

Well that's certainly a shit view of how these things work no?

there are millions of things out there where the inventor/creator did not protect his/her creations and had to watch others reap the benefit/proceeds for it. If it is funny to you, then there can't be anything wrong with this person trying to profit from it....deep down, does it piss you off?? If it does, gather them all up and protect them legally....
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypuddy View Post
    there are millions of things out there where the inventor/creator did not protect his/her creations and had to watch others reap the benefit/proceeds for it. If it is funny to you, then there can't be anything wrong with this person trying to profit from it....deep down, does it piss you off?? If it does, gather them all up and protect them legally....
    Ebay already handled one of them. I'm just not understanding the hostile attitude along with well "well if you don't copyright it that means it's perfectly ok for someone else to take it and sell it" responses. Cause it's not. I don't care if some nobody wants to try to make $5 bucks on something with ebay. They aren't gona get far. Now let's say Hasbro starts selling posters and making toys after the design, that's a completely different story.
    ...Then do it.

Ebay already handled one of them. I'm just not understanding the hostile attitude along with well "well if you don't copyright it that means it's perfectly ok for someone else to take it and sell it" responses. Cause it's not. I don't care if some nobody wants to try to make $5 bucks on something with ebay. They aren't gona get far. Now let's say Hasbro starts selling posters and making toys after the design, that's a completely different story.
    They're upset because they care about you and your work. And the theft is theft.

Something for you to consider though.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poor_man's_copyright
    Hey you never know it might work.
    Last edited by Hanna; 03-05-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Unhappy Re: Thief Thief Thief!!!

What if it wasn't ebay! thin what? see my art is not the best, but I would get my work copyrighted if i thought it was going to make money! For you, your work is vary good and it makes money! fan made or not! well on the side note, I feel your pain!

Maybe Mr. Bay saw this and might help you. Hey, you never know.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Sucks man. Give some of us more credit, though. It's not like some of us think you and Jolin are actually crying on each others' shoulders over $5 mousepads.

....or are you? (j/k)

Sounds like eBay is doing what they are supposed to be doing. I love the part where the dude was looking for positive seller feedback. LMAO.

Btw, didn't this happen to MitGas(sp?) and Tim Shinn with Soundwave t-shirts, or something to that effect, a while back?

I'm an artist to JesterJJZ, I hate to see you go through this. I would put a copywrite on the artwork, not just keep my artwork safe but to give me a peace of mind. Your art is awsome and if I done work like that I would protect it even if it was fanmade.
    "Call me a traitor...I'm just collecting your victims..." Paramore Monster

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Sucks man. Give some of us more credit, though. It's not like some of us think you and Jolin are actually crying on each others' shoulders over $5 mousepads.

....or are you? (j/k)

Sounds like eBay is doing what they are supposed to be doing. I love the part where the dude was looking for positive seller feedback. LMAO.

Btw, didn't this happen to MitGas(sp?) and Tim Shinn with Soundwave t-shirts, or something to that effect, a while back?
    Not really, I think it funny more than anything!