Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ladies of TF2

Default The Ladies of TF2

I was looking at some picture from the new movie and I'm starting to wish they picked ladies that aren't mostly for looks. Why can't they ever pick an actress that's a little normal looking? Sure, us girls have some good looking guys and bots to look at, but all of the girls look like they belong in Maxim. Why can't the girls look like, say, me? (Yes, I'm dissing myself. I know I'm not pretty.) Think about it, which would have less problem getting blasted at: a girl that's worried about it wreaking her face, or the girl that just wants to fight? I don't know, that's just my opinion.

BTW, can't wait for the next film.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Default Re: The Ladies of TF2

One of my fave in the first movie was the female enlisted-aide on the Air Force One. I guess she could have fought a good fight if she had a chance.
    ROTF seems to have two hot teens (Mikaela and Alice). As a female audience, I hope to see some mature and independent women (hopefully elder than Mikaela and younger than Mrs.Witwicky) too.

Also as a Japanese audience, I'll be happy if there'd be a decent Asian chick or lady.

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    I was looking at some picture from the new movie and I'm starting to wish they picked ladies that aren't mostly for looks. Why can't they ever pick an actress that's a little normal looking? Sure, us girls have some good looking guys and bots to look at, but all of the girls look like they belong in Maxim. Why can't the girls look like, say, me? (Yes, I'm dissing myself. I know I'm not pretty.) Think about it, which would have less problem getting blasted at: a girl that's worried about it wreaking her face, or the girl that just wants to fight? I don't know, that's just my opinion.

who would you pick?
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Quote Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
    who would you pick?
    I'd like to see a girl who wants to fight. Someone that's not afraid to be a little unpretty. A few cuts on the face shouldn't stop someone from beating down an evil bot. (This is coming from a girl that has a scar on her cheek. It's not ugly, it's a battle mark!) If all of the tough girls look like Mikaela, it makes us normal girls feel like they are lower.

.........its a summer movie.....Its Michael Bay directing.......it is marketed towards MEN of all ages......and unfortunately, he knows exactly how to get us all excited and her name is Megan Fox.....
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

I'd like to see a girl who wants to fight. Someone that's not afraid to be a little unpretty. A few cuts on the face shouldn't stop someone from beating down an evil bot. (This is coming from a girl that has a scar on her cheek. It's not ugly, it's a battle mark!) If all of the tough girls look like Mikaela, it makes us normal girls feel like they are lower.
    You shouldn't be so down on yourself all the time, first of all. I'm sure there are a lot of wonderful things about you. And forget words like "normal girls." There's no such thing. Mikaela is ridiculously attractive for a teenage girl, but that's sort of the point with the movie (ultimate wish fulfillment) and I wouldn't take it personally. Try to turn it over in your head and think of it from a more aspirational perspective. Take the point as being that you CAN be ALL of those things - tough, smart and pretty.

Also, try to remember that when Megan Fox broke into the tow truck she was cutting herself on real broken glass and shocking herself on live electrical wire. That is pretty damned hardcore!
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

so...........which actress comes to mind after thinking about what you described?

if you can't think of anyone, it just means that unless it is a no name, the only women that first come to mind for a hollywood picture role would be an attractive one

based on what you described, it would be Hilary Swank or Michelle Rodriguez. I can't see either being in a Transformers film, especially after Swank winning an Oscar. And I don't think Bay would ever cast Rodriguez

in the barn looking after the llamas! +_+

go girl power!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alASw1GdaL4
    most beautiful thing i have ever seen!

If all of the tough girls look like Mikaela, it makes us normal girls feel like they are lower.
    I think you're thinking a little too much. Nobody has to feel like they're lower while watching movies. It's an action movie, no need to wonder why not only Mikaela but also passersby look gorgeous and beautiful.

As AR said, an interesting point about the characteristic of Mikaela was that she was "a brave girl who unfortunatelly looks too hot". Later she proved there was more to her than meets the eye. That fits the theme. (And Alice might be the one who will show us that sometimes a look can be deceiving. )

Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar

Hmm.. Im pretty sure both Megan Fox AND Michaela wouldn't have a problem with fighting a little bit.

Megan Fox is a bit of a tom-boy. And don't forget, Michaela carved up Frenzy..
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

When you think about what you said, don't you think thats a bit shallow?

Because you are judging Mikaela based on her looks and that she is not the type of girl that you think she is. Like, all worried about her looks and off the cover of a Maxim magazine, etc.

The truth is, Mikaela is a hard as nails kind of girl who doesn't mind messing up her make-up and doesn't mind grabbing the tools to get the job done. She did, after all, tear Frenzy apart and broke into a tow truck. She has all the requirements you are looking for already. You just want her to be not so good looking. You gotta look at the bigger picture.

Mikaela is nice to look at to both guys and girls alike

You gotta balance out the young charming guy with an attractive young lady.

Name one actress who is around Mikaela's age (not 23 y/o Megan Fox) who you believe will look good beside Sam in a Michael Bay directed Transformers movie

What Darthrage said.

I could care less what the girls look like. Besides, Alice technically isn't a girl at all. She's Ravage in disguise.

I guess this can read we have Mikela who is extremly tough though she may not look like it but nice.

Then we have Alice, who also looks nice, but is a evil decepticon beneath the skin.
    If anything, we should thank Bay for showing that there is More then meets the eye to appearences. (I had to use that.) If we were to judge by appearences alone, we would never know who is nice and who is a witch.

If makaela screamed when she saw frenzy attacking and threw a spaz, i would have hated it.

I also wouldnt have liked it if she saw bumblebee wounded and just sat there crying about it.

I personally really love the scene where she says 'oh, god, i cant even tell you how much im not your little bunny' as it shows she isnt some mindless empty shell of a women who has no intelligence. She is smart enough to know a loser when she sees one, yet tough enough to fight off a robot going nuts at her friend.

The present day woman in movies, is an inspirational one for many women. It is the girl who is every bit as powerful and influential as their male counterparts. People need to get over the fact that what one looks like does not sum them up at all.

It is quite possible for someone to be a beautiful person but also be very smart and able to get down and dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseNo4 View Post
    If makaela screamed when she saw frenzy attacking and threw a spaz, i would have hated it.

I also wouldnt have liked it if she saw bumblebee wounded and just sat there crying about it.

I personally really love the scene where she says 'oh, god, i cant even tell you how much im not your little bunny' as it shows she isnt some mindless empty shell of a women who has no intelligence. She is smart enough to know a loser when she sees one, yet tough enough to fight off a robot going nuts at her friend.

The present day woman in movies, is an inspirational one for many women. It is the girl who is every bit as powerful and influential as their male counterparts. People need to get over the fact that what one looks like does not sum them up at all.

It is quite possible for someone to be a beautiful person but also be very smart and able to get down and dirty.
    True, so true....
    Did people forget?: There is more then meets the eye

Quote Originally Posted by MouseNo4 View Post

Well said
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

I really don't have a problem with it. While I grew up watching James Cameron movies, and the women are strong and attractive, but in a very different way, I understand that Michael Bay is going to do it his way. I have no problem with it. Truthfully, I didn't like the character of Makaela after she called BumbleBee a "...piece of crap Camaro?" and Sam is way too much of a push-over for letting her getting back into his Camaro after he re-formatted. I wouldn't have, and I am dead serious on this. But then again, it's a movie with a giant robot scorpion so I am not going to treat it like a life or death situation.

taybrian1, please ease up on yourself. The most unattractive quality a woman can ever posses is putting herself down.
    View My Latest Video/Photo Work Here!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaseyJPorterOfficial

Quote Originally Posted by CJP View Post
    The most unattractive quality a woman can ever posses is putting herself down.
    Amen, brother!
    SUCK MY POPSICLE!

Wow, I never thought I'd get such a reaction from this.

I'm just saying that it's a little hard for some girls to see that. I mean, you have an average looking guy next to a bombastic looking girl. It just doesn't seem very fair sometimes. Tough girls can be average too.

Quote Originally Posted by CJP View Post
    taybrian1, please ease up on yourself. The most unattractive quality a woman can ever posses is putting herself down.
    I don't think I'm that hard on myself. I'm extremely self aware and realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
    When you think about what you said, don't you think thats a bit shallow?

Because you are judging Mikaela based on her looks and that she is not the type of girl that you think she is. Like, all worried about her looks and off the cover of a Maxim magazine, etc.

The truth is, Mikaela is a hard as nails kind of girl who doesn't mind messing up her make-up and doesn't mind grabbing the tools to get the job done. She did, after all, tear Frenzy apart and broke into a tow truck. She has all the requirements you are looking for already. You just want her to be not so good looking. You gotta look at the bigger picture.

Mikaela is nice to look at to both guys and girls alike

You gotta balance out the young charming guy with an attractive young lady.

Name one actress who is around Mikaela's age (not 23 y/o Megan Fox) who you believe will look good beside Sam in a Michael Bay directed Transformers movie
    Bah-Zing! Too right.
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

Wow, I never thought I'd get such a reaction from this.

I'm just saying that it's a little hard for some girls to see that. I mean, you have an average looking guy next to a bombastic looking girl. It just doesn't seem very fair sometimes. Tough girls can be average too.
    average looking guy!? well im #^*^*#@

agree with cjpmouserage
    and i bet taybian is hot

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post

agree with cjpmouserage
    and i bet taybian is hot
    What? You guys don't all have tummies that look like this?

"When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Yup, have more self confidence and enjoy movies carefreely, taybrian. In fact, you're so young and you have a pretty face.

BTW here's my shallow wishlist.
    I'd like to see a "hot secretary" type chick in black suit and high heels. Or hot scientists or industrial spies.. anywho, ladies in tight pencil skirts are all welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    Yup, have more self confidence and enjoy movies carefreely, taybrian. In fact, you're so young and have a pretty face.

BTW here's my shallow wishlist.
    I'd like to see a "hot secretary" type chick in black suit and high heels. Or hot scientists or industrial spies.. anywho, ladies in tight pencil skirts are all welcome.

Agreed..

Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox View Post

agree with cjpmouserage
    and i bet taybian is hot
    I'm way far from hot. Come on, Shia looks like most guys my sisters and I went to college with. He looks like a normal guy. Megan Fox looks like she stepped off the pages of Playboy.