Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Movies That Will Bomb!!!

Default Re: Summer Movies That Will Bomb!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sillypuddy View Post

Street Fighter won't hit 50 million---I will almost guarantee it...

ok.... I just read quite possibly the funniest review for a film I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Massyworm over at AICN reviewed Street Fighter. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40266. I actually think this review might help this movie.....:lol hahahahaha.......

it will still flop, but with a few more $$ in it's pocket!!
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

Part of me wished this movie would do good but the other part hopes it will be a complete piece of shit. I'm torn between because the stories are so full of interesting characters from the SF universe that it can be an awesome movie. If and only if they stayed true to the original stories. Every time they have ventured off its turned out as complete shit or a gooey mess of garbage.

I think for my next script I will write a SF tournament live-action movie...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Terminator Salvation.

The trailer sucked, it will bomb.

+ James Cameron's Avatar will struggle to find an audience, IMO.
    Avatar doesn't come out until December.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(film)

Avatar is an upcoming 3-D science fiction film directed by James Cameron, due to be released on December 18, 2009.

Tekken-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_(film) ~how many movies based on vid games actually did well?I don't think this will either.

I am curious to see how Jennifer's Body (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer%27s_Body) will do since it stars Megan Fox.

All films listed here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_in_film

Street Fighter won't hit 50 million---I will almost guarantee it...

From the looks of it, it won't get past 5 million...
    http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=streetfighter09.htm

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    From the looks of it, it won't get past 5 million...
    http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=streetfighter09.htm

It will hit 5 million...10 will probably be a stretch.... 20th Century Fox needs to rethink how they handle/support movies....granted Street Fighter isn't a tent pole film for them, it is sad that there was hardly a blip of commercials for this film...i think i saw like two last week...+ it was only released on 1100+ screens....it didn't have a chance

I have read about issues on the Wolverine film and how 20th Century Fox is being difficult in the handling of that film.....its funny...you think a studio woul want their films to make money....

The street fighter movie has already bombed, made 4 mil opening week. Im afraid for Terminator but It should do well. Gi Joe can go either way. Dragon Ball I would love to say will fail but ya neva know.

The movie's with the highest chance of bombing are def. Dragon Ball z and to be honest, terminator 4. GI Joe i can see succeeding.

I really don't see how Terminator 4 can bomb. I mean, if Terminator 3 can make money, 4 shouldn't have a problem.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eman View Post
    The street fighter movie has already bombed, made 4 mil opening week. Im afraid for Terminator but It should do well. Gi Joe can go either way. Dragon Ball I would love to say will fail but ya neva know.

The movie's with the highest chance of bombing are def. Dragon Ball z and to be honest, terminator 4. GI Joe i can see succeeding.
    Terminator 4 salvation wouldnt bomb. Christian bale knows a good script when he sees one.

Watchmen did $54-55 million this weekend...not bad, but here is the thing....I thought it was a pretty good movie...not fantastic, but pretty good....that is not going to bode well for it from a total box office stand point....R rated and 2hrs40min long....people were walking out of the theater during its run....i bet we see a 60% minimum drop next weekend and that means this movie will struggle to get to 125 million let alone 150 like I was figuring....

125 million for this film will be a disappointment....

Watchmen did $54-55 million this weekend...not bad, but here is the thing....I thought it was a pretty good movie...not fantastic, but pretty good....that is not going to bode well for it from a total box office stand point....R rated and 2hrs40min long....people were walking out of the theater during its run....i bet we see a 60% minimum drop next weekend and that means this movie will struggle to get to 125 million let alone 150 like I was figuring....

125 million for this film will be a disappointment....
    ..I don't think i've been to a movie where people were walking out in the middle of it...That's a pretty bad sign:lol

Just wacthed Watchmen last night and thought was pretty good but no where near as good as the Dark knight( i guess its heath ledgers performance that made the movie really edgy).

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    ..I don't think i've been to a movie where people were walking out in the middle of it...That's a pretty bad sign:lol

some where parents that were ignorant enough to bring their small children, but the majority of the people who left were 17-20yrs old....they don't have a clue what Watchmen is....lightning in a bottle would get this film to 200 million....kick ass would be 175-200....it is neiter of the two....it is a pretty good film... 125 mil tops. Sad, cuz that story is really engaging and should warrant at least another two strong weekends, but it won't....it will get crushed by Witch Mountain next weekend...

Witch Mountian will not be able to beat Watchmen. Witch Mountian looks like an okay movie but more people are wanting Transformers 2, Terminator 4, and all the other action movies that are coming out. I don't think that Witch Mountian will do as good.
    To be on top you have to experience rough times.

Quote Originally Posted by Chantelle View Post
    Witch Mountian will not be able to beat Watchmen. Witch Mountian looks like an okay movie but more people are wanting Transformers 2, Terminator 4, and all the other action movies that are coming out. I don't think that Witch Mountian will do as good.
    2 reasons why it should beat Watchmen:

1)It is a Disney Film-- it has a built in Audience---

2) It isn't 2h45min like Watchmen....

It will have a similar opening wekend, but it will maintain longer....Dwayne Johnson solidifes his ability to open a movie (especially a Disney film)

Anybody notice the box office that Taken has pulled in.....talk about the the little movie that could. This was basically a throw-away (it was released in Europe 6months ago) and it fared pretty well.....it comes to the States and BINGO....130 million so far. Granted, this is not a summer film, but damn it has made some bank.....huge suprise hit!!

Dragonball and the streetfighter movies will probably be the two bigger bombs..... G.I.J.O.E. Could Bomb.... but i'm not so sure.....

When is that hamster movie coming out? is that this Summer? cuz i can see it bombing badly if it is.

Wolverine has the potential to bomb.... if certain factors com into play, like the direction deadpool might be going and how badly Fox savage the film in the edit booth.

T4 has no chance of bombing IMHO.....
    Last edited by SDL; 03-12-2009 at 11:28 AM.
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    Dragonball and the streetfighter movies will probably be the two bigger bombs..... G.I.J.O.E. Could Bomb.... but i'm not so sure.....

When is that hamster movie coming out? is that this Summer? cuz i can see it bombing badly if it is.

Wolverine has the potential to bomb.... if certain factors com into play, like the direction deadpool might be going and how badly Fox savage the film in the edit booth.

T4 has no chance of bombing IMHO.....
    Hamster movie?

Wolverine will dofine--that will easily do 60-70 in its opening weekend.....no competition and it has the built in xmen fan base....plus we don't have to put up with Halle Berry in the movie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Hamster movie?
    There's a movie coming out this year thats about a group of CGI ninja secret agent hamsters or gerbils......Nic Cage is voicing a Mole in the movie

I think it's called G-squad or something
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    There's a movie coming out this year thats about a group of CGI ninja secret agent hamsters or gerbils......Nic Cage is voicing a Mole in the movie

I think it's called G-squad or something
    Its called G-force.

Darn... so close lol
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed