Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Bay really say Megatron wasn't in the Movie? *theories and spoilers*

Default Did Bay really say Megatron wasn't in the Movie? *theories and spoilers*

This question came to mind when I remembered this post that Bay made:

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    The shooting in the the Middle East is ground breaking - an awesome time had by all the crew.

The Transformer Ride at Universal making all the press rounds - not sure yet - they had me in a press release saying I supported it - but Universal has a long way to go in my mind. I don't support it yet - I'm not involved and not sure the story of the ride works, and I know Optimus is not going to just show up to be directed by some new people that have never worked with him. I hate when people bullshit a quote from me that I never said.

I'll keep you informed. Maybe the guy making the rides at Universal will direct Transformers 3????

Bay
    Last time I checked, it was Empire who said Bay said Megatron isn't in the movie. Well, I think what Bay said about people bullshitting a quote he never even said is the same case for the whole Megatron debacle. From now on, I am only taking Bay's word for what he writes right here on this forum.

What do you guys think?

Banned

Default Re: Did Bay really say Megatron wasn't in the Movie? *theories and spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    This question came to mind when I remembered this post that Bay made:

Last time I checked, it was Empire who said Bay said Megatron isn't in the movie. Well, I think what Bay said about people bullshitting a quote he never even said is the same case for the whole Megatron debacle. From now on, I am only taking Bay's word for what he writes right here on this forum.

What do you guys think?
    Hmm...thats a tough one....BUT IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME IF HE WASN'T....wait a sec...

wow....now i kind of don't mind...hmmm....you guys saying he will be in it so much has almost convinced me...hmm....whatev....movinforward will protect me from converting

but ya, you make an excellent point...and may be right...but with all the "proof" we have seen, i think he may be in it...

Default Re: Did Bay really say Megatron wasn't in the Movie? *theories and spoilers*

Personally, i am not counting megs in until i see 'without a doubt' proof he is.

For instance, i know optimus, bumblebee, fallen, scorponok, ravage, starscream, barracade and devastator ARE in the movie as we have all seen them in the trailer.

Other than those mentioned, the rest is pure speculation and all out guess work.

You may quote whomever and whatever you like, but the endless misinformation being circulated makes it difficult to determine who is actually telling the truth and who is lying in an attempt to conceal the real story for as long as possible.

What do you guys think?
    Sounds reasonable... unless Bay is lying to us as well. But Megatron seems (to me, at least) to have too much of a role in the Transformers Universe to be excluded from these movies, even if it's just one movie. Here's my example: it's like not having peanut butter with your peanut butter and jelly sandwich; it would seem... weird.

But I'm a newbie, so what do I know? I'll simply say this much: we sure as heck can't trust Wikipedia.
    Blackout didn't die in the first movie; he was merely knocked out from the shock of... well, losing his gearbox. But he shall return!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout_FanTard View Post
    Sounds reasonable... unless Bay is lying to us as well. But Megatron seems (to me, at least) to have too much of a role in the Transformers Universe to be excluded from these movies, even if it's just one movie. Here's my example: it's like not having peanut butter with your peanut butter and jelly sandwich; it would seem... weird.

But I'm a newbie, so what do I know? I'll simply say this much: we sure as heck can't trust Wikipedia.
    Or IMDb.

Or IMDb.
    Oh, heck yes.
    Blackout didn't die in the first movie; he was merely knocked out from the shock of... well, losing his gearbox. But he shall return!

This should be enough:

Transformers writer Roberto Orci confirmed that Megatron returns in Transformers 2. His exact quotes are "Megatron returns!...Keep it quiet". I guess this is big news but then the Voyager class toy packaging gave this away already

'nuff said. I trust Roberto/Alex/Bay only
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MouseNo4 View Post
    Personally, i am not counting megs in until i see 'without a doubt' proof he is.

For instance, i know optimus, bumblebee, fallen, scorponok, ravage, starscream, barracade and devastator ARE in the movie as we have all seen them in the trailer.

Other than those mentioned, the rest is pure speculation and all out guess work.

You may quote whomever and whatever you like, but the endless misinformation being circulated makes it difficult to determine who is actually telling the truth and who is lying in an attempt to conceal the real story for as long as possible.
    um... we never see Barricade in the trailer? You see the Audi.... and that is Sideways. Also Megs is in the trailer... twice

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Firefrost View Post
    This should be enough:

Transformers writer Roberto Orci confirmed that Megatron returns in Transformers 2. His exact quotes are "Megatron returns!...Keep it quiet". I guess this is big news but then the Voyager class toy packaging gave this away already

'nuff said. I trust Roberto/Alex/Bay only

could be fake...

I doubt it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Firefrost View Post
    I doubt it
    probably true, but bay said himself they have released lots of fake information

Quote Originally Posted by littleman794 View Post
    could be fake...
    Dude, no offense, but you and the other peeps that don't want Megs back need to face the facts. There's just too much credible info to think he won't be back.
    Zombies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Burnflare View Post
    Dude, no offense, but you and the other peeps that don't want Megs back need to face the facts. There's just too much credible info to think he won't be back.
    I actually don't mind him coming back now...in fact....whatev

im just saying it could be fake...

bay said "fake info released", and what ppl think they saw in the trailer is different in some cases...just rooting for the lesser, cuz i don't want too be a mean person...wow...im gonna stop posting my feelings now, srry guyz

...I don't think Orci would just flat out lie....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    ...I don't think Orci would just flat out lie....
    but he could have been told to, to trick us a little and get our minds active

I actually don't mind him coming back now...in fact....whatev

im just saying it could be fake...

bay said "fake info released", and what ppl think they saw in the trailer is different in some cases...just rooting for the lesser, cuz i don't want too be a mean person...wow...im gonna stop posting my feelings now, srry guyz
    Hey, don't be sorry. After all, the less there is of Megatron, the more there will be of... OTHER ROBOTS! Like... BLACKOUT!

Besides, it's not like you're in everyone's face with: "OMGBBQROFLCOPTER!"

Banned

how about this.... there has been no false info put out there!!! Bay said that they were going to release all this fake/false info and they did no such thing. Bay let the fans run with it and make up things and ideas on their own and one thing led to another and soon everyone's info that they think was false and or true came from..... some other fan on the net somewhere else. And all the while Bay went on making the movie while everyone fought over info that never had a thing to do with the movie. THERE WAS NO FALSE INFO CAMPAIGN. Every bit of info we did get that was said to be false was true and they were just trying to cover it up by saying it was false.

but he could have been told to, to trick us a little and get our minds active
    I know what you are thinking but Orci's faith in the "misinfo" campaign has been said. He's just telling us what we already know. Transformers as a whole needs Megs/Prime, at least for instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    how about this.... there has been no false info put out there!!! Bay said that they were going to release all this fake/false info and they did no such thing. Bay let the fans run with it and make up things and ideas on their own and one thing led to another and soon everyone's info that they think was false and or true came from..... some other fan on the net somewhere else. And all the while Bay went on making the movie while everyone fought over info that never had a thing to do with the movie. THERE WAS NO FALSE INFO CAMPAIGN. Every bit of info we did get that was said to be false was true and they were just trying to cover it up by saying it was false.
    So, he let us make up the fake info by messing with us and giving us info that was heavily open to debate? Sweet! We got used by Mr. Bay!
    Zombies.

I read somewhere in the Orci thread on tfw2005 where Orci said that the only false info that was leaked was to the insider and other media websites, with Bay doing the dirty work and Orci helping forge the false info.

However, he also said he would not lie directly to the fans though sometimes he uses sarcasm in his words when relating to things that shouldn't be leaked yet. Like when people first found out about Arcee in the walmart behind the scenes footage he would simply quote someone and say "Arcee?". Or when someone pulled up the Soundwave and Ravage design leaks, he would say, "Wouldn't the picture refer to the truck as Ravage and not Soundwave?"

Also that reminds me of that picture, which leaked way back in November/December before the teaser trailer, which depict Ravage to be a cyclops. It very much resembled what we saw in the teaser trailer exactly, except he had missiles on his back like the G1 version. Everyone was hellbent that Soundwave was the truck because of his grill on his waste, and Orci kept saying that Soundwave was NOT a truck. So I beliven Orci.

I'm with you on this one.... I just think that it would be a waste of time and money if they had to design fake stuff to post (like the megs designs)... plus, I also agree with megs appearing twice in the trailer (why show a fake meg in the trailer???).... and the obvious confirmation by Orci and the toy box are the last word there...

At least for me, there's no reason to doubt about it at all....

Bay only had to say 'I'm gonna leak fake info' and that triggered everyones imagination (including mine for a while)

At this point I'm taking everything with a grain of salt. You can't really believe anything until you see it yourself.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    At this point I'm taking everything with a grain of salt. You can't really believe anything until you see it yourself.
    and you do see Megs in the trailer. Its Megs that jacks Prime in the face and its Megs that has Sam pinned down. IN the first 30 second trailer it was hard to tell but when the second trailer came out, you get a better shot of the arm holding Sam dow and as that shot pans out you can clearly see its Meg's arm and not Starscream.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by m1tsu View Post
    I read somewhere in the Orci thread on tfw2005 where Orci said that the only false info that was leaked was to the insider and other media websites, with Bay doing the dirty work and Orci helping forge the false info.

However, he also said he would not lie directly to the fans though sometimes he uses sarcasm in his words when relating to things that shouldn't be leaked yet. Like when people first found out about Arcee in the walmart behind the scenes footage he would simply quote someone and say "Arcee?". Or when someone pulled up the Soundwave and Ravage design leaks, he would say, "Wouldn't the picture refer to the truck as Ravage and not Soundwave?"

Also that reminds me of that picture, which leaked way back in November/December before the teaser trailer, which depict Ravage to be a cyclops. It very much resembled what we saw in the teaser trailer exactly, except he had missiles on his back like the G1 version. Everyone was hellbent that Soundwave was the truck because of his grill on his waste, and Orci kept saying that Soundwave was NOT a truck. So I beliven Orci.
    ya and Orci also said in an interview when asked if Megs was coming back... "wasnt he dropped in the ocean with his partner"? This kind of to me hinted that Blackout may be revived along with Megs.

Banned

ya and Orci also said in an interview when asked if Megs was coming back... "wasnt he dropped in the ocean with his partner"? This kind of to me hinted that Blackout may be revived along with Megs.
    yay!!!!!!!!