Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seriously... what's the deal with "Armageddon" Blu-Ray?

Default Re: Seriously... what's the deal with "Armageddon" Blu-Ray?

Jeez, the world is bigger than the US. Armageddon got a regular release in pretty much the rest of the world that was the extended edition, anamorphic, and kicked the ass of that overpriced US critereon piece of shit (yeah, FXXK critereon for all their lazy assed high cost non anamorphic titles).

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Jeez, the world is bigger than the US. Armageddon got a regular release in pretty much the rest of the world that was the extended edition, anamorphic, and kicked the ass of that overpriced US critereon piece of shit (yeah, FXXK critereon for all their lazy assed high cost non anamorphic titles).
    really? I had no idea.....

I wonder why and how decided to make the US not have this considering it was made in the US!!

Not saying that we should have everything because we're the US, it just doesn't make logical sense not to have it too unless someone went out of their way for us not to have it...

I guess I'll just wait for the Bluray version...

BTW, does your version have more scenes than the Criterion?
    Independence is off the grid.

Rockhound - "Off the grid? What are you a friggin cyborg what does that mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Why such a knee jerk reaction to regional releases? The whole idea of different, haphazardly released versions is annoying already (regardless of the country), not to mention confusing.

And it's irrelevant (as is Jester's half sharing ), as we're talking about a definitive Blu-Ray release anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by allworknoplay View Post
    I really don't understand Encore/Starz, for the first 5 minutes, they show the widescreen, then during the NYC scene, they go back to normal full screen.
    In TV broadcasts, widescreens are kept - when necessary - for the credits only.

You can't chop up the producers' name, now can you?

Quote Originally Posted by haut_bas_clair View Post
    In TV broadcasts, widescreens are kept - when necessary - for the credits only.

You can't chop up the producers' name, now can you?
    I agree with you for the most part.

But when Starz/Encore used to show National Treasure, I would randomly catch different versions. Sometimes they would show one version with widescreen, and another version with full screen.

For National Treasure 2, so far it seems to be just the full screen.

Now, they are showing Pirates of the Caribbean at Worlds End entirely in widescreen....

Quote Originally Posted by allworknoplay View Post
    I agree with you for the most part.

But when Starz/Encore used to show National Treasure, I would randomly catch different versions. Sometimes they would show one version with widescreen, and another version with full screen.

For National Treasure 2, so far it seems to be just the full screen.

Now, they are showing Pirates of the Caribbean at Worlds End entirely in widescreen....
    Must depend on the masters they get from the studios to broadcast them on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by haut_bas_clair View Post
    Must depend on the masters they get from the studios to broadcast them on the air.
    I wish they got the widescreen master of Armageddon so we could at least see that version while we all wait for the BR version!!!!!!!!