Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

  1. #1
    Senior Member HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    2,038

    Default Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    My top 100 would be:

    1. Blade Runner.
    2. Star Wars.
    3. Transformers (2007).
    4. 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    5. Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
    6. The Empire Strikes Back.
    7. Akira.
    8. The Fifth Element.
    9. Aliens.
    10. The Thing (1982).
    11. Total Recall.
    12. Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky.
    13. Serenity.
    14. Armageddon.
    15. Ghost in The Shell.
    16. Heavy Metal.
    17. Robocop.
    18. The Terminator.
    19. Alien.
    20. Iron Man.
    21. X2.
    22. Back to the Future.
    23. E.T.
    24. Dark City.
    25. Star Trek II: The Wraith of Khan.
    26. Predator.
    27. Videodrome.
    28. Jurassic Park.
    29. Independence Day.
    30. Stargate.
    31. Return of the Jedi.
    32. Battle Royale.
    33. The Running Man.
    34. X-Men.
    35. The Road Warrior.
    36. V For Vendetta.
    37. The Island.
    38. Transformers The Movie (1986).
    39. The Time Machine (1960).
    40. Starchaser: Legend of Orin.
    41. Star Trek IV The Voyage Home.
    42. Close Encouters of the Third Kind.
    43. Back to the Future III.
    44. Forbidden Planet.
    45. Slither.
    46. Metropolis (1927).
    47. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
    48. Minority Report.
    49. The Fly (1986).
    50. The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951).
    51. Night of the Creeps.
    52. 12 Monkeys.
    53. Grindhouse.
    54. Galaxy Quest.
    55. Star Trek VII: The Undiscovered Country.
    56. Ghost in The Shell 2: Innocence.
    57. Logan's Run.
    58. Re-Animator.
    59. War of the Worlds (1953).
    60. War of the Worlds (2005).
    61. The Blob (1988).
    62. Scanners.
    63. A.I. Artificial Intelligence.
    64. Metropolis (2001 anime).
    65. From Beyond.
    66. Event Horizon.
    67. They Live.
    68. Escape from New York.
    69. A Clockwork Orange.
    70. 28 Days Later.
    71. 28 Weeks Later.
    72. Night of the Comet.
    73. Pitch Black.
    74. Critters.
    75. Critters 2: The Main Course.
    76. Back to the Future 2.
    77. Nausicca: Valley of the Winds.
    78. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978).
    79. Cowboy Bebop The Movie.
    80. The Abyss.
    81. Lifeforce.
    82. The Faculty.
    83. The X-Files: Fight the Future.
    84. The Deadly Spawn (a.k.a. Return of the Aliens).
    85. The Omega Man.
    86. Rock and Rule.
    87. Star Trek: Generations.
    88. Planet of the Apes (1968).
    89. Tron.
    90. Mad Max.
    91. Fist of the North Star (1986 anime version).
    92. Flash Gordon.
    93. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
    94. Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
    95. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
    96. Star Trek: First Contact.
    97. Nausicca: Valley of the Winds.
    98. Titan A.E.
    99. The Incredible Hulk (2008).
    100. The Blob (1958).

  2. #2
    Senior Member TIMtationX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    2,094

    Default Re: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    My top 100 would be:

    1. Blade Runner.
    2. Star Wars.
    3. Transformers (2007).
    4. 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    5. Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
    6. The Empire Strikes Back.
    7. Akira.
    8. The Fifth Element.
    9. Aliens.
    10. The Thing (1982).
    11. Total Recall.
    12. Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky.
    13. Serenity.
    14. Armageddon.
    15. Ghost in The Shell.
    16. Heavy Metal.
    17. Robocop.
    18. The Terminator.
    19. Alien.
    20. Iron Man.
    21. X2.
    22. Back to the Future.
    23. E.T.
    24. Dark City.
    25. Star Trek II: The Wraith of Khan.
    26. Predator.
    27. Videodrome.
    28. Jurassic Park.
    29. Independence Day.
    30. Stargate.
    31. Return of the Jedi.
    32. Battle Royale.
    33. The Running Man.
    34. X-Men.
    35. The Road Warrior.
    36. V For Vendetta.
    37. The Island.
    38. Transformers The Movie (1986).
    39. The Time Machine (1960).
    40. Starchaser: Legend of Orin.
    41. Star Trek IV The Voyage Home.
    42. Close Encouters of the Third Kind.
    43. Back to the Future III.
    44. Forbidden Planet.
    45. Slither.
    46. Metropolis (1927).
    47. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
    48. Minority Report.
    49. The Fly (1986).
    50. The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951).
    51. Night of the Creeps.
    52. 12 Monkeys.
    53. Grindhouse.
    54. Galaxy Quest.
    55. Star Trek VII: The Undiscovered Country.
    56. Ghost in The Shell 2: Innocence.
    57. Logan's Run.
    58. Re-Animator.
    59. War of the Worlds (1953).
    60. War of the Worlds (2005).
    61. The Blob (1988).
    62. Scanners.
    63. A.I. Artificial Intelligence.
    64. Metropolis (2001 anime).
    65. From Beyond.
    66. Event Horizon.
    67. They Live.
    68. Escape from New York.
    69. A Clockwork Orange.
    70. 28 Days Later.
    71. 28 Weeks Later.
    72. Night of the Comet.
    73. Pitch Black.
    74. Critters.
    75. Critters 2: The Main Course.
    76. Back to the Future 2.
    77. Nausicca: Valley of the Winds.
    78. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978).
    79. Cowboy Bebop The Movie.
    80. The Abyss.
    81. Lifeforce.
    82. The Faculty.
    83. The X-Files: Fight the Future.
    84. The Deadly Spawn (a.k.a. Return of the Aliens).
    85. The Omega Man.
    86. Rock and Rule.
    87. Star Trek: Generations.
    88. Planet of the Apes (1968).
    89. Tron.
    90. Mad Max.
    91. Fist of the North Star (1986 anime version).
    92. Flash Gordon.
    93. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
    94. Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
    95. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
    96. Star Trek: First Contact.
    97. Nausicca: Valley of the Winds.
    98. Titan A.E.
    99. The Incredible Hulk (2008).
    100. The Blob (1958).

    Dude, I don't understand how you can have like 100 favorite movies in each genre...Please explain that to me.

  3. #3
    Senior Member quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    AlienS is before Alien for you? :deadhorse1:
    WOW!!!
    Another Brick in the Wall

  4. #4
    Senior Member HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    2,038

    Default Re: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    Well yes, i prefer Aliens over Alien yet they are both fantastic movies.

    And Tim, Horror with Sci-fi and animation are my favorite genres! so what's wrong with having a top 100 in each genre? i love them all, ok.

  5. #5
    Senior Member redqueenar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orange County, CA USA
    Posts
    1,985

    Default Re: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    Lilo & Stitich.

    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    My top 100 would be:

    1. Blade Runner.
    2. Star Wars.
    3. Transformers (2007).
    4. 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    5. Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
    6. The Empire Strikes Back.
    7. Akira.
    8. The Fifth Element.
    9. Aliens.
    10. The Thing (1982).
    11. Total Recall.
    12. Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky.
    13. Serenity.
    14. Armageddon.
    15. Ghost in The Shell.
    16. Heavy Metal.
    17. Robocop.
    18. The Terminator.
    19. Alien.
    20. Iron Man.
    21. X2.
    22. Back to the Future.
    23. E.T.
    24. Dark City.
    25. Star Trek II: The Wraith of Khan.
    26. Predator.
    27. Videodrome.
    28. Jurassic Park.
    29. Independence Day.
    30. Stargate.
    31. Return of the Jedi.
    32. Battle Royale.
    33. The Running Man.
    34. X-Men.
    35. The Road Warrior.
    36. V For Vendetta.
    37. The Island.
    38. Transformers The Movie (1986).
    39. The Time Machine (1960).
    40. Starchaser: Legend of Orin.
    41. Star Trek IV The Voyage Home.
    42. Close Encouters of the Third Kind.
    43. Back to the Future III.
    44. Forbidden Planet.
    45. Slither.
    46. Metropolis (1927).
    47. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
    48. Minority Report.
    49. The Fly (1986).
    50. The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951).
    51. Night of the Creeps.
    52. 12 Monkeys.
    53. Grindhouse.
    54. Galaxy Quest.
    55. Star Trek VII: The Undiscovered Country.
    56. Ghost in The Shell 2: Innocence.
    57. Logan's Run.
    58. Re-Animator.
    59. War of the Worlds (1953).
    60. War of the Worlds (2005).
    61. The Blob (1988).
    62. Scanners.
    63. A.I. Artificial Intelligence.
    64. Metropolis (2001 anime).
    65. From Beyond.
    66. Event Horizon.
    67. They Live.
    68. Escape from New York.
    69. A Clockwork Orange.
    70. 28 Days Later.
    71. 28 Weeks Later.
    72. Night of the Comet.
    73. Pitch Black.
    74. Critters.
    75. Critters 2: The Main Course.
    76. Back to the Future 2.
    77. Nausicca: Valley of the Winds.
    78. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978).
    79. Cowboy Bebop The Movie.
    80. The Abyss.
    81. Lifeforce.
    82. The Faculty.
    83. The X-Files: Fight the Future.
    84. The Deadly Spawn (a.k.a. Return of the Aliens).
    85. The Omega Man.
    86. Rock and Rule.
    87. Star Trek: Generations.
    88. Planet of the Apes (1968).
    89. Tron.
    90. Mad Max.
    91. Fist of the North Star (1986 anime version).
    92. Flash Gordon.
    93. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
    94. Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
    95. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
    96. Star Trek: First Contact.
    97. Nausicca: Valley of the Winds.
    98. Titan A.E.
    99. The Incredible Hulk (2008).
    100. The Blob (1958).
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

  6. #6
    Senior Member Xsubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    783

    Default Re: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    Dude, I don't understand how you can have like 100 favorite movies in each genre...Please explain that to me.
    I think he got them from here: http://home.austarnet.com.au/petersy...ists_film.html
    and he just flipped a few movies around to make the list look like his own.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,713

    Default Re: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    How come star wars is #2, then Star Wars episode 1 is #93, and episode 2 is #95....wouldn't "star wars" cover those?...odd.....

    anyway, ya SW and obviously TF is among the best...

    ok, seeing the site posted in the last post, i see SW only includes the original trilogy, and yes, he obviously used that....which there is nothing wrong with doing...kind of....

    but ya...War of the Worlds was also good

  8. #8
    Senior Member HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    2,038

    Default Re: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    No i didn't copy that list, i just love the movies i mentioned and decided to make a top 100 best Sci-fi movies of my own and they are my faves.

  9. #9
    Senior Member MrX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    1,578

    Default Re: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    Well, it looks like your list pretty much covers all my favorites.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,713

    Default Re: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    No i didn't copy that list, i just love the movies i mentioned and decided to make a top 100 best Sci-fi movies of my own and they are my faves.
    wow...you have way too much time on your hands:lol

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kamloops,BC,Canada
    Posts
    374

    Default Re: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    no way the # 1,2,3 are starship troppers one and two and three

  12. #12
    Senior Member redqueenar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orange County, CA USA
    Posts
    1,985

    Default Re: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    Lilo & Stitch, The Island, City of Lost Children, Nausicaa, Gattaca.

    Also, I continue to protest the idea that Armageddon is a science fiction movie. It is a western that happens to be set in space.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

  13. #13
    Senior Member HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    2,038

    Default Re: Top Science Fiction movies anyone?

    City of Lost Children was good but really more of a fantasy movie.

    Too much time on my hands? i just happen to be a movie nut.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •