Thread: Music (maybe) in ROTF?

Banned

Default Music (maybe) in ROTF?

On the forum of TDRS Music the following statement was made. Composer, Vince DiCola, best known for scoring the 1986 Transformers: The movie animated feature, has submitted a new track for consideration to be used for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Whether or not the track will be used is still unknown at this time. But the track entitled 'Bound and Gagged', which features the vocals of Rick Livingstone, is free to be downloaded now. The following has been directly taken from the post on the TDRS Music forum.

"Vince has a song being considered for the new Transformers movie due this summer. The final songs have not been chosen yet. For Vince's fans and Transformer fans, I wanted to post the whole song as a free download and encourage those that visit Transformers forums and blogs to post the link to the song. We would like to spread the word that Transformers fans would like to have Vince's contribution to the new franchise.

Bound and Gagged, Vince DiCola featuring Rick Livingstone.

http://www.tdrsmusic.com/ccount/click.php?id=23
    ".

Default Re: Music (maybe) in ROTF?

The time has passed, bury it. The idea of the 80's is fine, but this is almost comical. Let it go. "the Failure"
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    On the forum of TDRS Music the following statement was made. Composer, Vince DiCola, best known for scoring the 1986 Transformers: The movie animated feature, has submitted a new track for consideration to be used for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Whether or not the track will be used is still unknown at this time. But the track entitled 'Bound and Gagged', which features the vocals of Rick Livingstone, is free to be downloaded now. The following has been directly taken from the post on the TDRS Music forum.

"Vince has a song being considered for the new Transformers movie due this summer. The final songs have not been chosen yet. For Vince's fans and Transformer fans, I wanted to post the whole song as a free download and encourage those that visit Transformers forums and blogs to post the link to the song. We would like to spread the word that Transformers fans would like to have Vince's contribution to the new franchise.

Bound and Gagged, Vince DiCola featuring Rick Livingstone.

http://www.tdrsmusic.com/ccount/click.php?id=23
    ".

it reminds me of a band I really liked called Memento, and I still don't like it.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

I hope TF2 production won't need any petition to publish Jablonsky / Zimmer's score, this time. And I hope it will be released in France, too (not like last time. Erf...)
    Another Brick in the Wall

heh....sounded like a throw away to a 1980's Stallone movie....

speaking of throw aways...did anyone hear the stuff submitted for the first movie by the guy (his name is escaping me) who sang "The Touch". This DiCola entry reminds me of how they tried to get a little nostalgia into the music----not needed if I say so.....
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

Just listened to it.... mmmmmm..... not my kind of song for this soundtrack!

Yep, I was going to say that there's no need for nostalgia there... also I really think that they have to improve a lot in this soundtrack!.... actually I only liked 3 songs from the first movie OST, and I'm not including the Transformers theme song in there, not good!....

Unless there is an excellent part to fit this song, I say no. Remember, its the shot then the music. You can't create a scene to match pre-selected music. It just doesn't come out as good as it should be.

this movie needs to be score only....if there is any "songs" in it, it needs to be like the first with situational songs like the Hall and Oates song....no new music just because.........
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!