Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    So these two guys are a testament to the fact that Bay is listening to fans more in the movie?
    you got it. They do on the other hand play a big part in the movie as well.

  2. #27
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,111

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    you got it. They do on the other hand play a big part in the movie as well.
    Now I wonder what kinda humor we will expect from these guys. Hopefully not potty mouth humor. They are obviously the "dumb and dumber" of this movie. Maybe their antics will cause chaos, such as something the Decepticons would benefit from. Or maybe their zaniness will actually aid their comrades in battle. I can just picture a scene with them zooming around in their car modes causing Devastator to loose his balance and fall to the ground. I love these guys already!

  3. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    I guess all I am trying to say is TF has been around what almost 30 years and when a live action movie comes out and many of us who have been waiting for years to see it I think I would atleast try to put as many fan favs in as I could instead of wasting it on a made up charatcer thats all

  4. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Now I wonder what kinda humor we will expect from these guys. Hopefully not potty mouth humor. They are obviously the "dumb and dumber" of this movie. Maybe their antics will cause chaos, such as something the Decepticons would benefit from. Or maybe their zaniness will actually aid their comrades in battle. I can just picture a scene with them zooming around in their car modes causing Devastator to loose his balance and fall to the ground. I love these guys already!
    Well Mudflap is the dumber of the two. you see from Skids bio that he tries to help out as much as he can and be the warrior he needs to be but likes to talk and repeat his thoughts over and over. I can see him being told to sht up more then once in the movie and i can see Mudflap being the one who bumps into things and is the one that gets Skids into most of the trouble.
    Last edited by Shadow; 02-20-2009 at 07:28 PM.

  5. #30
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,111

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Well Mudflap is the dumber of the two. you see from Skids bio that he tries to ehlp out as much as he can and be the warrior he needs to be but likes to talk and repeat his thoughts over and over. I can see him being told to sht up more then once in the movie and i can see Mudflap being the one who bumps into things and is the one that gets Skids into most of the trouble.
    I can just picture Ironhide or somebody knocking their heads together to get them to cut the crap.

  6. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    SO Mudflap will be the Jar-Jar of TF?

  7. #32
    Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dunedin - New Zealand
    Posts
    867

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    No. People will like him.
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

  8. #33
    Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dunedin - New Zealand
    Posts
    867

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I can just picture Ironhide or somebody knocking their heads together to get them to cut the crap.
    Perhaps Ironhide will be the embarrased, frustrated Uncle
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

  9. #34
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,111

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by StefsChemicalRomance View Post
    Perhaps Ironhide will be the embarrased, frustrated Uncle
    And Optimus will be the one doing the face palm.

  10. #35
    Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dunedin - New Zealand
    Posts
    867

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    And Optimus will be the one doing the face palm.
    And the idolize Bumblebee xD
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

  11. #36
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,111

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by StefsChemicalRomance View Post
    And the idolize Bumblebee xD
    See? These two guys are having an effect on the plot already!

  12. #37
    Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dunedin - New Zealand
    Posts
    867

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    See? These two guys are having an effect on the plot already!
    They will definitely be some of the most lively charaacters in the film. Which is going to be cool
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

  13. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Jolt would be perfect for Blurr and the twins would be a great sideswipe and sunstreaker and the corvette would be an awesome Hot Rod All of which WHY most people see the movies.... to see there fav. character on the big screen not characters like Mudflap and Jolt. Like I said why waste the money cause None of them would be here today if it wasnt for the G1 Characters and we all know that!

  14. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by kal_el1981 View Post
    Jolt would be perfect for Blurr and the twins would be a great sideswipe and sunstreaker and the corvette would be an awesome Hot Rod All of which WHY most people see the movies.... to see there fav. character on the big screen not characters like Mudflap and Jolt. Like I said why waste the money cause None of them would be here today if it wasnt for the G1 Characters and we all know that!
    see now that is just not true. You see this movie and the first isnt ment to be G-1 and those new bots used in the movies are becoming big names not because of G-1 but because Bay and Hasbro put them in. Besides I like that Skids and Mudflap are who they are... it would drive me crazy to see two of the coolest bots ever(Sideswipe and Sunstreaker) as these two funny faced bots. Skids and Mudflap are perfect for these two and the real twins would never work with the dumb and dumber look. Jolt is perfect as the Volt. And think about it... some Autobots are going to die so would you rather it be a Sunstreker, Sideswipe, or a not so household name like Jolt or Mudflap?

  15. #40
    Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,721

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    this thread title mind fucked me

  16. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    this thread title mind fucked me
    and why is that big guy?

  17. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,713

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    and why is that big guy?
    well, think about it....why are these names??....hmm...because they made them like that!

  18. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    see now that is just not true. You see this movie and the first isnt ment to be G-1 and those new bots used in the movies are becoming big names not because of G-1 but because Bay and Hasbro put them in. Besides I like that Skids and Mudflap are who they are... it would drive me crazy to see two of the coolest bots ever(Sideswipe and Sunstreaker) as these two funny faced bots. Skids and Mudflap are perfect for these two and the real twins would never work with the dumb and dumber look. Jolt is perfect as the Volt. And think about it... some Autobots are going to die so would you rather it be a Sunstreker, Sideswipe, or a not so household name like Jolt or Mudflap?
    Well you got me! I agree to a point, I was just REALLY looking forward to seeing characters we all love in TF and TF2 but just like the movie in the 80's some really great characters died right away however they were replaced by some awesome characters so I guess I will just have to wait and see

  19. #44
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,111

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Well I guess you can't have everything. One thing's for sure, as of now, I don't want to judge because I haven't seen the movie yet, and I am really looking forward to see what Bay and crew will dish out.

  20. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,713

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    personally, i think Jolt as a chevy Volt is pretty punny of them

  21. #46
    Senior Member r-type's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,578

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    and why is that big guy?
    Because thats just the way things is. It are what it are.

  22. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: Why is MUDFLAP and JOLT names in this movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Because thats just the way things is. It are what it are.
    lol ok... if you say so

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •