Thread: How did they repair Bumblebee?

Default How did they repair Bumblebee?

Something that's had me interested for ages is how Bumblebee was repaired between t1 and the upcoming film, I mean his lower half and chest was badly damaged at the end of the last film.
    I know Ratchet is the medic/repairman but how exactly does one repair a giant robot with parts on Earth?. The all spark can no longer be used and the Transformers never brought anything to earth with them that we know of that could repair bots, although maybe they did, /ponder.

I know its only a film, and its one of those questions that's easily answered by " The same place the music comes from " , but if You had to repair Bumblebee how would you go about it?

Default Re: How did they repair Bumblebee?

Especially when Ratchet couldnt even fix his voice box?????
    ]
    "You get a free bowl of soup with a hat like that...Oh but it looks good on you though!".....Rodney Dangerfield

Quote Originally Posted by Laids View Post
    Something that's had me interested for ages is how Bumblebee was repaired between t1 and the upcoming film, I mean his lower half and chest was badly damaged at the end of the last film.
    I know Ratchet is the medic/repairman but how exactly does one repair a giant robot with parts on Earth?. The all spark can no longer be used and the Transformers never brought anything to earth with them that we know of that could repair bots, although maybe they did, /ponder.

I know its only a film, and its one of those questions that's easily answered by " The same place the music comes from " , but if You had to repair Bumblebee how would you go about it?
    That's a very good question and I thought about that as well. However, he seemed to be fixed at the end of the first film when Prime was yapping and the kids were dry humping on his hood.
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

In the Transformers ROTF movie prequel ALLience issue 1 comic, you see Bumblebee being repaired by Ratchet while the other Autobots are destroying the allspark creations. Probably took him anywhere from 30 min to an hour and a half to put Bumblebee back together or just enough so Bumblebee could transform and get out of there.

Maybe something happened when Bumblebee was handing Sam the all spark, but there wasn't enough time for him to realize it was effecting him. They probably did it so they wouldn't have to explain how in the second movie.

..I think it's one of those questions that's better left unanswered...

Is that akin to asking how did Jason come back to life between Friday the 13th films?

Accept it as a done deal and move on LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Laids View Post

I've always assumed it was because he handled the AllSpark. I think it didn't come up til the end because even he didn't realize he was repaired. He is a young bot, after all.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

All base elements are on this planet I am sure these highly intelligent creatures could manufacture anything they needed to repair bumblebee. Plus they have nanobots in thier bodies dont they. All thats needed then is base elements and they could make whatever they needed...

As for bumblebees voice box i think it was not repaired because racket didnt have the time to get at fixing it.

BB's voicebox was fixed by the Allspark, like Freny's body was. He prob didn't realize it was fixed for a bit. Ratchet was able to make hasty repairs to BB, allowing him to transform before S7 and the other idiorts came on scene.

With care.

Quote Originally Posted by UnclePetey View Post
    BB's voicebox was fixed by the Allspark, like Freny's body was. He prob didn't realize it was fixed for a bit. Ratchet was able to make hasty repairs to BB, allowing him to transform before S7 and the other idiorts came on scene.

If thats true why didnt he say anything when the Allspark Got smaller?

i mean he Said through his radio voice "Lets get to it" and that was in john wayne's voice so unless BB speaks like John Wayne i dont think the AllSpark Fixed his voice.....

Quote Originally Posted by UnclePetey View Post
    Actually, BB's voicebox was fixed by Ratchet's regenerative laser which he used in the arrival scene. It just took some time to complete the repair...

I think that Bumblebee was fixed before the end of the first movie.
    I explain myself. At the end of Transformers, we can see Sam and Mickaela kissing on Bumblebee - in his Camaro form. Nor if he hadn't been fixed before, the Camaro wouldn't have been entire. I don't know what represent BB's legs, but probably something important in the car. Then, if he can roll and be entire ha a Camaro, then I think he's allready fixed.
    (Sorry if I did some English mistakes, school looks far, now. )
    Another Brick in the Wall

Quote Originally Posted by laids View Post
    something that's had me interested for ages is how bumblebee was repaired between t1 and the upcoming film, i mean his lower half and chest was badly damaged at the end of the last film.
    I know ratchet is the medic/repairman but how exactly does one repair a giant robot with parts on earth?. The all spark can no longer be used and the transformers never brought anything to earth with them that we know of that could repair bots, although maybe they did, /ponder.

I know its only a film, and its one of those questions that's easily answered by " the same place the music comes from " , but if you had to repair bumblebee how would you go about it?

cgi...

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    cgi...
    :d That's a good answer. lol
    Another Brick in the Wall

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    cgi...
    WIN.

Okay, so who else besides me hopes that Bumblebee will continue to use "radiospeak"? I liked that aspect of his character.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    WIN.

Okay, so who else besides me hopes that Bumblebee will continue to use "radiospeak"? I liked that aspect of his character.
    Doubt it. He was repaired so I don't think he would do that anymore.
    Zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknight View Post
    If thats true why didnt he say anything when the Allspark Got smaller?

i mean he Said through his radio voice "Lets get to it" and that was in john wayne's voice so unless BB speaks like John Wayne i dont think the AllSpark Fixed his voice.....
    Read my post before responding next time- I said it prob took awhile before he noticed. He was prob so used to radiospeak he didn't notice his voice was working.

Or, just one of several continuity blips in the first movie!

I like to think of it like getting your tonsils out. It might have fixed the problem, but your throat still hurts like heck. Just because Ratchet fixed his voicebox at the time doesn't mean Bumblebee was feeling up to using it. (Remember when Ratchet said "It's going to take some time to fix it" after shooting it with that red laser?) As for his legs, we really don't know the span of time before the fight and the ending. Ratchet is supposed to be one of the best medics, so he probably found Bees legs and did a reattachment.

I'm just a new fan, so what do I know?
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar

Nah. Out with the old, in with the new.. Voice, that is.
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

i guess ratchet gave him some kinda magic portion or something..

You'd hope that after they saved the Earth most of the humans who knew of their existence helped them out with bits and pieces, or they scavenged off the dead Decepticons?