Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39

Thread: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

  1. #1

    Lightbulb DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    ok every one has seen where they said a robot dino would be to hard to explain but we can have a 20ft scorpion aka "scorponok"????? :lol so why cant we have a trex? also in the TF2 trailer i think its a Insecticon that sam pulls the head off of, second we can also have Ravage! every one here knows that is him on the beach

    Grimlock, Slag, sludge, snarl, and swoop cant be that hard to explain..

  2. #2
    Junior Member cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tuscola, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Guess I am confused by the thread title. I thought you were gonna tell us WHY the DinoBots can't be in the movie? LOL

  3. #3

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by MR.2 View Post
    ok every one has seen where they said a robot dino would be to hard to explain but we can have a 20ft scorpion aka "scorponok"????? :lol so why cant we have a trex? also in the TF2 trailer i think its a Insecticon that sam pulls the head off of, second we can also have Ravage! every one here knows that is him on the beach

    Grimlock, Slag, sludge, snarl, and swoop cant be that hard to explain..
    lol ^^^^ above is why "we can have a 20ft scorpion"

    Quote Originally Posted by cuguy View Post
    Guess I am confused by the thread title. I thought you were gonna tell us WHY the DinoBots can't be in the movie? LOL
    lol

  4. #4
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,111

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Because scorpions, bugs, and big cats exist in present day time.

  5. #5
    Senior Member MegaOctane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Dinos exist in present day time also, in the museums, preserved, and probably with one or two bones missing...
    Autobot presence detected... Commence extermination.....
    -Soundwave 2nd in command

  6. #6
    Senior Member guppyvh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    the dinobots would have to go to a museum to scan their form. i think it would be a little weird if a few giant robots went in a full museum just to get a form of an dino.:wtf
    besides, how would they hide from humans? it is not every day you see a trex walking down the street...

  7. #7
    Senior Member Sillypuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    364

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    how about despite their popularity, they are not needed in the movie...

    as cool as it would be to see them in a movie, there is just no need. I would rather see bots that can carry conversations with each other more than "Me Grimlok KING!!"
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member MegaOctane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillypuddy View Post
    how about despite their popularity, they are not needed in the movie...

    as cool as it would be to see them in a movie, there is just no need. I would rather see bots that can carry conversations with each other more than "Me Grimlok KING!!"
    Remember, Grimlock was feared by all decepticons.
    so in brute force, no one can match the dinos.
    But this debate is pretty much useless, now that we know they are not in the movie.
    Autobot presence detected... Commence extermination.....
    -Soundwave 2nd in command

  9. #9

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    what if there whole point in the move was to help fight the fallen, or devastator??? and also have you ever seen a 20FT long scorpion??????
    what if they were just more machine than flesh and the dino bots were made by wheeljack so sam could give him the idea to make the dinos if they are just used as warriors who cars what they look like

    also lets keep this in mind who here has ever see a car turn into a robot that can speek and think for itself i think any thing can go in this movie its a sifi move :deadhorse1:

  10. #10
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,111

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    1.) A car is actually a disguise.

    2.) It would be stupid for a robot to go to a museum to find a form, Scorponok has sand to hide in.

    3.) Do you think by putting your text in bold print will help you make a point?

  11. #11

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    got you to look lol dont get mad i am just saying maybe there point is not to hide.. if they are needed they turn them on and when they are not need they are put up and turned off and hidden... in this one there whole point is to fear the decepticons maybe the autobots build a base in this one and the dino bots are used to defend it think of them as special forces for the auto bots

  12. #12
    Senior Member MegaOctane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Calm down people, no reason to fight over a movie and some characters.
    The dino thing is old, no reason to bring this back up.
    Autobot presence detected... Commence extermination.....
    -Soundwave 2nd in command

  13. #13

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaOctane View Post
    Calm down people, no reason to fight over a movie and some characters.
    The dino thing is old, no reason to bring this back up.

    ok i just hope we will at least see UNICRON one day but maybe a transfomrer the size of a moon or a planet is not in the realm of what is real also

  14. #14

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    i had an idea a long time ago about them. it would prove how stupid they are too.

    basically when all the autobots makes their trip down, they all land in different places in the world and get their disguises their, like they do. the dinobots would land in the same general area, outside a theme park. the theme park would have some giant dinosaur exhibit, roller coaster, all that. so they see them, stupidly think it's a great idea and disguise as them. people just think their giants robotic attractions going haywire. at night they find prime and he basically calls them stupid so they change forms, i.e. grimlock to a big truck of some kind, etc.

    that way, you wouldn't have to explain giant diosaurs the whole movie but you get a little nostalgic clip of them as dinos for the original fans to appreciate.

  15. #15

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
    i had an idea a long time ago about them. it would prove how stupid they are too.

    basically when all the autobots makes their trip down, they all land in different places in the world and get their disguises their, like they do. the dinobots would land in the same general area, outside a theme park. the theme park would have some giant dinosaur exhibit, roller coaster, all that. so they see them, stupidly think it's a great idea and disguise as them. people just think their giants robotic attractions going haywire. at night they find prime and he basically calls them stupid so they change forms, i.e. grimlock to a big truck of some kind, etc.

    that way, you wouldn't have to explain giant diosaurs the whole movie but you get a little nostalgic clip of them as dinos for the original fans to appreciate.
    thats not a bad idea cuz the dino bots were........ well lets just say not all there .... ME GRIMLOCK....:wtf.... lol they could just land at night when the park is closed and they could start tearing the park apart prim bitch slaps grim lock and get them a better mode like grimlock could be a short bus lol

  16. #16
    Senior Member Battlebot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cybertron
    Posts
    549

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Wow, this debate will never die!!! I for one have stated my two cernts many times on this. I believe they (Bay) could very easily bring the Dinobots into these movies. There is no reason not to in my books. When Bay first said he did not want to deal with beast bots, I thought ok, I can understand that. But like everyone hasw seen, first he had Skorpinok now Ravage. So now it's why the hell not the Dinobots. When you think about then different ways they could pick the forms it could be as simple them pulling information from the Web. Remember when Prime said they got their info from the world wide web. Lots of info on Dino's on there. Reasonds that they would choose those could be because of thier size. Or they could do like what IDW comics did. The story line was that on Cybertron the Dinobots were called Dyno-bots. They lived for fighting. So, I for one would love to see them used in the movies. As for them hiding there are plenty places on this planet they could stay til needed where they wouldn't be bothered or seen. For example a jungle!!!
    Name: Battlebot
    Gender:Male
    Faction: Dark Guardian/Decepticon
    Alt Mode:Tank/Shuttle
    Height:256'

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    ok it has been said that they could not find a way to fit them into the current story but are thinking of ways to intro them in later movies. I have said it before and will say it again. Just do like they did in the animated cartoon. We all know there could be some big wig corperation that has or gets tech from either Megs or any other bot for that matter and uses this tech to make its own bots. Whats not to say that someone like in the animated cartoon cant make life like (thinking on thier own) dino-bots for some theam park and then you take it from there. They can be robotic and have the real fake rubbery skin at first. Something happens and the skin is melted off to show the robotic bodies under and im sure by this point most everyone in the world will know of TFs because of the events in ROTF. So there will be no need to hide the Dino-bots... who cares?

  18. #18
    Senior Member Dark_Rodimus84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    what do ya mean i'm right there
    Posts
    503

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by MR.2 View Post
    thats not a bad idea cuz the dino bots were........ well lets just say not all there .... ME GRIMLOCK....:wtf.... lol they could just land at night when the park is closed and they could start tearing the park apart prim bitch slaps grim lock and get them a better mode like grimlock could be a short bus lol
    Grimlock created the technobots pretty smart if you ask me:lol
    Name: Darksaber
    Description: Cybertrons Greatest Warrior
    Quote: My Actions speak louder than words

  19. #19
    Senior Member MegaOctane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Steven spielberg has the Jurassic Park franchise. Why not have Grimlock land in the set of jurassic park and take the form of the T-rex used in the movie? Would be a cool nod to steven spielberg as well.
    Autobot presence detected... Commence extermination.....
    -Soundwave 2nd in command

  20. #20
    Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dunedin - New Zealand
    Posts
    867

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Nah, we're fine thanks.
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,713

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaOctane View Post
    Steven spielberg has the Jurassic Park franchise. Why not have Grimlock land in the set of jurassic park and take the form of the T-rex used in the movie? Would be a cool nod to steven spielberg as well.
    very creative...very creative indeed...that would actually be quite funny

    Quote Originally Posted by StefsChemicalRomance View Post
    Nah, we're fine thanks.
    but he does make a good point....but i still like urs, lol....SCR can be a hard egg to crack at times...lol

  22. #22
    Senior Member Xsubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    783

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaOctane View Post
    Steven spielberg has the Jurassic Park franchise. Why not have Grimlock land in the set of jurassic park and take the form of the T-rex used in the movie? Would be a cool nod to steven spielberg as well.
    Why the hell would they disguise themselves as dinosaurs????

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,713

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by Xsubs View Post
    Why the hell would they disguise themselves as dinosaurs????
    for a powerful altmode

  24. #24
    Senior Member darthrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,039

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by MR.2 View Post
    ok every one has seen where they said a robot dino would be to hard to explain but we can have a 20ft scorpion aka "scorponok"????? :lol so why cant we have a trex? also in the TF2 trailer i think its a Insecticon that sam pulls the head off of, second we can also have Ravage! every one here knows that is him on the beach

    Grimlock, Slag, sludge, snarl, and swoop cant be that hard to explain..

    Ok at least Panthers and Scorpions DO exist today.

    Dinosarus do NOT
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

  25. #25
    Senior Member ARCEE^_^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in the barn looking after the llamas! +_+
    Posts
    3,252

    Default Re: DINO BOTS why not and here is why

    ok I'm not going to go into this but all I can say is
    :wtf would the all mighty and powerful Mr Bay put in a Dino bot?
    they were like the worst bots out of anyone!
    and they had no brain!
    "ddduuuhhh.. Grimlock smash!"
    completely stupid!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alASw1GdaL4
    most beautiful thing i have ever seen!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •