Thread: Anything like this in transformers?

Default Anything like this in transformers?

ok, sorry for my ignorance, but Iím not a hardcore, know everything about them transformers fan. I loved the show as a kid and remember the basics but thatís about it. But my question was, is there anything in transformers involving a dual bot, merging transformation? Like i know frenzy hid inside another deceptecon, but i just think the visual of two full sized bots jumping into the air and merge transforming into a single machine is kind of a kool image. Think this is a possibility in any of the movies, was there anything like this in any of the show? Or do you even think thatís kind of a kool visual, or think it would come of stupid and cheesy? Just curious^^

You're thinking of a Power Link between two robots, like they have it in the Transformers Armada?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tsGHNcPApUA

It's kind of cool in the cartoons, but in a movie.. i'm not sure.. If I had a choice between a powerlink or a combiner, i would go with the last one, just because the result would be awsome power and huge size...
    Autobot presence detected... Commence extermination.....
    -Soundwave 2nd in command

i think it could look kind of kool as long as the interlink was very complicated (much like the transformations are in the live action). Where its not like one on top of the other connecting like lego's, but more like they intertwine with a complicated transform, possibly. I really dont know, probably end up just looking cheezy, but if anybody could pull it off and make it look bad ass, Bay teamed with ILM/DD could lol. Thx for the you tube link though, its fun to go watch some of the features in the series i havnt watched or dont remember..hehe^^

Default It's been 20 years but....

Whew, now I'm really showing my TF dorkiness. I had a TF as a kid that was two vehicles (helicopter and a truck or jeep, IIRC) that when snapped together would pop up to form the robot. I think they were called DuoCons.

I think the concept would be cool. Two autonomous vehicles forming one robot. Would actually prefer it more than the idea of the 5 or 6 that combine to form a giant robot. I think it would further build on the idea that Blackout/Skorponok were comprised and had visible parts of one vehicle.

If they don't put a combiner in the movie, a power link would work fine also, as long as it is like BrettLee says: "Where its not like one on top of the other connecting like lego's, but more like they intertwine with a complicated transform"
    Autobot presence detected... Commence extermination.....
    -Soundwave 2nd in command