Thread: What movies have you seen lately?

Cool Re: What movies have you seen lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    Yeah....producer Spielberg.

Still, it was a fun movie though. I did find the Gremlins quite annoying.
    Me too... still do. Though it did scare me when I was a kid...
    "Tell Megatron, 'Let's tango.'"

Default Re: What movies have you seen lately?

The Mist...damn, pretty good. The ending...damn.

Redline...everything with the cars is great other than that it sucks ass.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - Holy shit, a video game with the best story ever. The way its made is like you actually are participating in a playable movie. You care about the characters and want to keep playing it to see the story unfold, its that interesting. Its great to even watch someone play it.

Magnum Force and The Enforcer: I saw a documentary on Clint and that inspired to view some Dirty Harry-flicks again. Like 'em both, although Magnum is clearly the stronger film, and Clint Eastwood is simply the man.

The Marksman with Wesley Snipes. Not that good.

The Champ.....*sniff*sniff.........

Just all the BOURNE films. love that stuff

Knocked Up - finally seen it. pretty good

3:10 to Yuma - So cool. Probably the best western I have seen besides Tombstone.

Cool Re: What movies have you seen lately?

Uhm... I Am Legend, Dreamgirls, and National Treasure #2. Now, I Am Legend was good but half-way through it just got a little amateur and disturbing. Dreamgirls was ok.. not my BIG type of movie. And National Treasure #2 was just awesome.
    "Tell Megatron, 'Let's tango.'"

Alien VS Predator: Requiem - As a huge fan of Alien & Predator i found it a great fun ride. But there are lots of flaws, maybe too much.

Zoolander - Nothing special. Not good, not bad. Not funny, not boring. At least there's Milla ____

Atonement - The most i think about it, worst is my opinion about it. Was entertaining, but there are too many things wrong.

Pasoloni's Il Decamerone - I'm almost sure that i will never see another Pasolini's movie. Not bad but at the end it's very boring (and it's suposed to be the "funniest" of his movies)

Finally got around to watching the netflix rental I've had for....ohhh...three months?

It was Hot Rod. Cute, funny movie....but not as funny as say Anchorman or Talladega Nights.

Speaking of Anchorman, I've got to order that HD DVD.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Okay. Finally got around to watching Brokeback Mountain.

Just...wow. What a movie.

Beautifully directed. Beautifully shot. And beautifully acted by all actors.

It really was a groundbreaking movie for the main love story in it. To be honest, some parts of it made me uncomfortable to watch (I will not go into detail...no no no), but overall, it's a very good movie.

I now know why Heath was nominated for best actor, Jake for best supporting actor, and Ang Lee won best director.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

Okay. Finally got around to watching Brokeback Mountain.

Just...wow. What a movie.

Beautifully directed. Beautifully shot. And beautifully acted by all actors.

It really was a groundbreaking movie for the main love story in it. To be honest, some parts of it made me uncomfortable to watch (I will not go into detail...no no no), but overall, it's a very good movie.

I now know why Heath was nominated for best actor, Jake for best supporting actor, and Ang Lee won best director.
    I liked it, but found it too long. I would have cut more or less 20 minutes.

-Cloverfield: Just seen it an hour ago. Well, it's the "Godzilla version" of the spanish [REC]. Fine but not great, maybe because "i've seen this before" and in my opinion [REC] was better.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    I liked it, but found it too long. I would have cut more or less 20 minutes.

-Cloverfield: Just seen it an hour ago. Well, it's the "Godzilla version" of the spanish [REC]. Fine but not great, maybe because "i've seen this before" and in my opinion [REC] was better.
    Yes, it was a bit long. I was so tired when I watched it I just wanted it to end.

Cloverfield is AWESOME!!!

Grandmas Boy - Not a great movie but parts of it are down right hilarious.

Cloverfield is AWESOME!!!
    Maybe if i haven't seen [REC] before i would have thought the same, but i saw it some time ago and both have the same concept ([rec] in a horror way, and in my opinion is the most terryfing movie i've ever seen). Really a hard oponent.

But it will not be released in the EEUU. There you will have a remake in october (named as Quarantine), but i'm not very confident about it.
    Last edited by alexsm; 02-02-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Sweeney Todd - Though it was pretty good, i wasn't looking forward to it originally but it turned out not so bad.

Halloween - Loved it, Rob Zombie hit the nail on the head with this one.

I AM LEGEND - Was alright, enjoyed it, but asn't OMG material.

30 Days of Night - Jumpy, freaky vampires, loved it.

AVP:R - Enjoyed it more than the 1st, although i think they could do better with this franchise.

Cloverfield - Just watched it earlier today, absolutley loved it. Cant wait for the possible sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Duracell Bunny View Post
    Sweeney Todd - Though it was pretty good, i wasn't looking forward to it originally but it turned out not so bad.

Halloween - Loved it, Rob Zombie hit the nail on the head with this one.

I AM LEGEND - Was alright, enjoyed it, but asn't OMG material.

30 Days of Night - Jumpy, freaky vampires, loved it.

AVP:R - Enjoyed it more than the 1st, although i think they could do better with this franchise.

Cloverfield - Just watched it earlier today, absolutley loved it. Cant wait for the possible sequel.
    Sweeney Todd was at my local theater for like two weeks, then it was GONE. Pissed me off to no end. I wanted to see it!!!

As long as you dont mind the musical side to it, then you'll enjoy it, I thought it was good, and im not a musical fan :P

As long as you dont mind the musical side to it, then you'll enjoy it, I thought it was good, and im not a musical fan :P
    I love musicals actually. And I previewed the soundtrack at the iTunes store and Johnny Depp sounds incredible.

I suppose it'll be a rental for me. *sigh*

Rambo - Just watched, thought it was damn cool. Some scenes were pretty horrific, but I think Stallone wanted to get across exactly what it is/would be like... and he did damn well also. He didn't have much lines in it though lol. Great film however, loved it.

Rambo - Just watched, thought it was damn cool. Some scenes were pretty horrific, but I think Stallone wanted to get across exactly what it is/would be like... and he did damn well also. He didn't have much lines in it though lol. Great film however, loved it.
    I saw that opening night. And my theater was PACKED, including a lot of pre-teens and a BABY!!! FTW? A baby in an R-rated film? Those parents should be shot!

Anywhoos, I thought it depicted the genocide going on in Burma quite well, but a bit too graphic.

I was really affected by it (the bloodshed and all) and felt I needed therapy afterwards. Seriously....the bloodiest of all Rambo movies.

But very well done.

to be honest I have probably scene every movie you've seen.I see nearly every movie in theaters.the ones I don't deem worthy of big screen viewing I see on my forums.It's honestly rare where someone says have you heard are seen this movie and I'm like no...I love movies.nearly all...but trust me when I say it's lame or stupid cuz it takes a really shitty screen writer actors directors or camera men to get me to say that movie was horrible.I did see a movie called altered about some rednecks kidnapping an alien that was f-in creepy.
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33

oh are you guys talking bout rambo!LOL. I fell asleep in the middle but it was based in thailand. Was like this dude is f-in psychotic and needs some doctorine or family support.lol.c'mon alot of people come home your f-up in the head to say I went to war so I'm gonna live in a third world country and help no one.lmao what a dick his boxing coach micky woulda been dissapointed....you can do it rock!!!lol.
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33