Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: French views about Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen

Default Re: French views about Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen

Greaaat!!!

The trailer sounds good but I think have llready seen somewhere... Yes, it's a copy of T4's trailer. Maybe with Spielberg as executive producer we gonna have some storyline this time.

The trailer is quite blur (blured?) and I don't see what happens. Bad robots are coming on Earth. I missed the music that would have given some 'epic' style.

No music, no dialogues... That trailer is more a big teaser... Perfect! I will see it in theaters!

The Movie to go to see this summer! Another Michael Bay blockbuster! The first one was great,but this one will be awesome!
    Another Brick in the Wall

Well... I found several massages on another french forum where some people think stupid or an insult to move the Eiffel Tower. They say that Michael Bay is stupid, bla bla...
    I - and others - told'em that's not a problem, in an entertainment movie, particularly directed by Bay. Actualy, I don't know exactly where is the Eiffel Tower in Paris - and I'm French.
    'Keep you informed abou it. If you want to comment, I'll be able to transmit to the French Fans.

Hey you're a French member too in this Forum ?!
    You make an interesting Thread about the french's opinion on the movie, It's exactly what I think about the darker Tone, who made me feel that It gonna be more deeper than the the first TF.
    But i just want that Michael don't give us more informations about the "Real" Plot... Because in these french forum, I have the impression that people find something who could be very close of the original screenplay (it's just an impression)

Quote Originally Posted by quinlan View Post
    Actualy, I don't know exactly where is the Eiffel Tower in Paris - and I'm French.
    Like most french people... Most tourists know that better.

BTW, the first shot from the trailer has a CGI Eiffel tower. In that location (La Place de la Concorde), from that angle, the Effiel tower would be right behind you.

I think they did that in the trailer so people would see that it's Paris and not just some random city. I bet in the final cut, they would put it back in it's original spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I think they did that in the trailer so people would see that it's Paris and not just some random city. I bet in the final cut, they would put it back in it's original spot.
    I highly doubt they will put it back in it's original spot since it is really only just a detail.

It's a small detail, and all but those who have been there will actually know the placement...

Of course it's not really important. In Armageddon, Bay had concentrated all the Paris' mouments in one shot, and it disturbed nobody.
    It's the same i several movies, like in Siderman, where New York is really different that truth.
    And also in the first Transformers, Bay shot the final battle in two or three city - added to the Universal Studios backlots, and nobody was showked about it.

It's good to find some other Frenchies in here. I thought I was the only one. Coucou tout le monde!

I keep continue my list... Some are funny, I think. Many people doesn't know anything about cinema or Transformers.

Great! Michael Bay's back! Great SFX, soundtrack, robots... Souds amazing! Like in the first one, I loved it.

Would Linkin Park compose a song for the album? It sounds great, even if some pictures reminds me the first one. Wait and see...

Awesome! The first one was already great, but here we meet the old Decepticon and the Fallen! Wow!

Great! The guy who made the last Indiana Jones sucks is back!

Wow it looks very good. We don't discorver a lot about the storyline and we can't judge yet if the movie will be as good as the first. But really beautiful!

Well, I remember.
    The French Bay-fans and Transfans says 'hello' to you.

Last ones chosen...

gonna be huge!!! I hope there'll be the same humour as in the first one.

I highly hope it will be less stupid than last time.

Really so cool!

Why does Hollywood always make some remakes and sequels? Is there is this only way to make profit?

Wow the trailer... It'll gonna be better than the first one!

Gonna be the better movie in the world!

I'll finish here - for now.

Has you can see, most of people who post comments about the trailer are awaiting the movie with excitation.
    Some others are thinking differently. For them, 'blockbuster' means no script, no storyline and, of course, no talent.
    Many people says tha kind f movies are made by fat Americans for fat Americans, and made to sale some soda or burgers. It's hard to change those minds, even with some good argumentation.
    For now, in france, the most expansive movie was Asterix aux Jeux Olympiques, with around $ 45/50 millions. Quite far from a Spiderman 3, the dark Knight and, even, Jurassic Park, made in 1993. And it sounded like a scandale fo many people, to pay that money only for a movie (a bad movie, but it's my opinion). We are not ready to give money to the cinema industry, and it won't be exported while it won't change (I'd like to know what French movies you have in U.S.). More, most of our movies are produced by TV channels, who want some not to much expansive movies that would be good at the TV for everybody - adults and children, and never chock or hurt anybody...

I think that's also why so many people is waiting every movie by MichaelBay, or Jerry Bruckheimer's production : good blockusters, that are an entire part of the cinema, artistic, various and just... for people and not particularly for the elite.

Mr Bay... French people is waiting your movie too... It gonna be a hit!

New adds. I'm still laughing. They're so silly!

- I don't know if you've seen that, but it's again some foreign monuments that are attacked : Paris, Egypt, and no Americain monuments. Maybe some social trauma after 9/11?
    I remember the 90' when everything was explosing in ID4 or Armageddon (the White House etc...)
    Anyway the trailer is good, for those who like this movie-style. Personnaly I hate that.

The answer :
    - I hope you saw the first one where I saw the American couldn't defend themselfs. Anymore, the entire planet is in danger. Don't feel targeted (?) if Paris exploses.
    This film seemsawesome just as the first one, and I hope it will respect the comics and the animated series.

- That movie looks great with these SFX (thanks ILM)

- Wow The Autobots gonna have problems. Awesome!

- Sounds as boring as the first one. I slept.
    (How did he??? :deadhorse1

Yeah, the sound was practically piercing my ears in the first.

Yeah, me too.

I love the one who says there some 'social trauma'. I don't know where he found that idea, particularly when we see the destructions in the first one, and the attack of the carrier in the trailer.

Well... We have a question here about Jablonsky's score for the second one (two questions, actually) :
    You ned (needed?) some petitions to have the first movie's score released on cd and, in despite of our efforts, we couldn't have it in France (except from import).
    Do you think they will release this one without petition? (If they do, we maybe have it in France, I hope). It would be cool for Jablonsky - and his whole fans...

My second question wasn't that important, but... Well. do you think that Zimmer will collaborate at this one as he did on the first one for themes like Arrival on Earth? I heard he was on holidays, but seems to compose Angels & Demons' score.

'Found some others comments.

Most are, of course, really agree and happy to see the new pictures of the movie.
    Some others thinks it's another boring action movie with stupid robots.
    Well... Everybody thinks what he wants, I guess.

Damn, some people are so....pfff

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuhono View Post
    Damn, some people are so....pfff
    Your first post is for french comments about the movie? You make me laugh Katsu! :lol You're amazing!

Sure ! I'm French quite normal to post my first post here

If you see some other interesting coments about the movie, translate'em and post'em here. I'd like to find some argumented coms, but it's hard...

found another one... Really... Well. :lol

That guy was talking about Bay was editing his movies with his knees (yeah!), and that they were written by dumb monkeys...
    Then... Editing with knees is an expression (maybe just a French expression). But written by dumb monkeys???
    If you want to answer him something (Oh, I dream that Michael answers anything )...

Anyway, if Mr Bay has some message to his French fans... Come on - you seems so far from here.