Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exciting Interview With Bay!

Default Exciting Interview With Bay!

Big news! Exciting news!

Go Go! I'll wait here!
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Default Re: Exciting Interview With Bay!

pretty much everything i wanted to hear.

Thanks for the link, Queen. That interview is PERFECT proof that although he does not reply to posts, Bay certainly listens to the fans. More attention to the bots, more bot screen time, darker film and longer length. What more could we possibly ask for?

Thanks for the link, AR! Whoo “The robots have much more personality”!
    And will he take a year off? So we'll have another fun 1+2 years of waiting for his TF3.

If he takes a year off, you know what i can see happening? The studio wanting to fast track a 3rd movie, not wanting to wait a whole year for Bay, and after failed negotiations, they end up going with somebody else. And that "somebody else" ends up making a crap movie.......You know how Hollywood is.....I REALLY hope that doesn't happen.
    Last edited by TIMtationX; 02-10-2009 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    If he takes a year off, you know what i can see happening? The studio wanting to fast track a 3rd movie, not wanting to wait a whole year for Bay, and after failed negotiations, they end up going with somebody else. And that "somebody else" ends up making a crap movie.......You know how Hollywood is.....I hope that doesn't happen though.
    Yes, you are right, that's highly likely to happen. Although it will all depends on what Spielberg and Hasbro CEO will decide.. being still a co-production between Dreamworks and Paramount even now that the companies split up it's not so easy for any involved to replace Michael Bay.. at least I hope so.
    He is the only one that can complete the trilogy correctly.
    I really hope that he will decide otherwise and that Transformers3 will get released on June 2011 as planned after he will see Transformers2 being a huge success.
    In order to have Mr.Bay reconsider we fans must ensure that Transformers2 is going to be his most successful movie ever with a final worldwide box office gross higher than expected. Maybe then he will decide to not delay Transformers3 movie.

Replacing him with any other director for the 3rd movie would be a huge mistake. The trilogy must be completed with his own vision. Then if he wants to quit the franchise after that we can only hope that the studios involved will select someone capable to deliver a second trilogy at least on par with Bay unique style, there aren't that many directors capable of doing it actually and Spielberg directing all alone by himself a second trilogy of movies I don't think that's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
    Yes, you are right, that's highly likely to happen. Although it will all depends on what Spielberg and Hasbro CEO will decide.. being still a co-production between Dreamworks and Paramount even now that the companies split up it's not so easy for any involved to replace Michael Bay.. at least I hope so.
    He is the only one that can complete the trilogy correctly.
    I really hope that he will decide otherwise and that Transformers3 will get released on June 2011 as planned after he will see Transformers2 being a huge success.
    In order to have Mr.Bay reconsider we fans must ensure that Transformers2 is going to be his most successful movie ever with a final worldwide box office gross higher than expected. Maybe then he will decide to not delay Transformers3 movie.

Replacing him with any other director for the 3rd movie would be a huge mistake. The trilogy must be completed with his own vision. Then if he wants to quit the franchise after that we can only hope that the studios involved will select someone capable to deliver a second trilogy at least on par with Bay unique style, there aren't that many directors capable of doing it actually and Spielberg directing all alone by himself a second trilogy of movies I don't think that's going to happen.
    No way in HELL it will happen.

If you guys look at the studio system and how paramount is one of the few who are not having a total shit time they know as much as Bay and Spielberg know that they have a money maker and winning combo. You have the actors, the director, and Bay's ProDo team. They'll wait rather than see a potential Juggernaut of a film go under a potentially awesome B.O. estimation. Besides love or Hate Bay everyone knows he hasn't had a single movie that hasn't made it's budget and then some. I don't think they want this man off their side for the sake of future endeavors.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    If he takes a year off, you know what i can see happening? The studio wanting to fast track a 3rd movie, not wanting to wait a whole year for Bay, and after failed negotiations, they end up going with somebody else. And that "somebody else" ends up making a crap movie.......You know how Hollywood is.....I REALLY hope that doesn't happen.
    If there'll be the third movie, it must be done by the person who started the first movie.
    The director/staff change midway through the trilogy would wreck the franchise. I know better than anyone else about the situation like that, to say the least. (It's still a big trauma to me.)

Now I'm starting to hope Michael will cut his vacation short!

Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post
    No way in HELL it will happen.

If you guys look at the studio system and how paramount is one of the few who are not having a total shit time they know as much as Bay and Spielberg know that they have a money maker and winning combo. You have the actors, the director, and Bay's ProDo team. They'll wait rather than see a potential Juggernaut of a film go under a potentially awesome B.O. estimation. Besides love or Hate Bay everyone knows he hasn't had a single movie that hasn't made it's budget and then some. I don't think they want this man off their side for the sake of future endeavors.

I agree, but i was just throwing that out there. Stranger things have happened...At the end of the day, all the studio sees is dollar signs, and they aren't going to want to let too much time go by between the 2nd and 3rd movie.

I just hope it isn't too dark of a film. I like the light hearted nature of the first one. While I am not against a darker version, I just home it doesn't get to dark.
    To The Battlefield and Back:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfdm1oon5mU

OH, and and did anyone else get the feeling that Bay probably went to the event with the idea that he would pick 1 (just one) small time website who had their questions well thought out to just make their day!?

You cannot tell me that Bay didn't plan totally making one persons week. I think that's freaking great of him!

EDIT: You kinda see the look on his face like "Is this the guy?"... right when he asks the websites name and are you rolling. Good job Mr. Bay... You are a good guy in my book.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    If there'll be the third movie, it must be done by the person who started the first movie.
    The director/staff change midway through the trilogy would wreck the franchise. I know better than anyone else about the situation like that, to say the least. (It's still a big trauma to me.)
    The change has happened before with other franchises and have gone downhill(Jurassic Park,Highlander).

If they are smart and have learned from the past they will wait for him.

Quote Originally Posted by CJP View Post
    I just hope it isn't too dark of a film. I like the light hearted nature of the first one. While I am not against a darker version, I just home it doesn't get to dark.
    I thought about that as well. It will be very interesting to see how they bridge the gap between the dark roots and the up beat humor. I'm sure Sam is still going to be kind of a dweeb with a trophy GF which will always have its moments and the twins will probably help a lot. I just hope someone calls Starscream an idiot
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

Great link AR, now with Front Page Action!

Taking a break between the 2nd and 3rd isn't really that bad of an idea though. First off, we all deserve breaks every now and again [especially when creating totally awesome movies]; and secondly, what if he becomes bored/frustrated/aggravated over it and decides [consciously or unconsciously] to not pay as much attention to the finer details that really make a movie that much better?... Granted his break better not be too long!
    vereor nox noctis incendia!

Great news. Nice that he will return for #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Great news. Nice that he will return for #3.
    He didn't say that.

He says he could see himself doing a third, which means that he will probably be back, sure. I don't know, I don't like when people twist words like you did, Trailbreaker.

Am I being too anal about it? I probably am.

Banned

YES!...that is just what i needed now....can not wait!...

ya, i heard that TF3 is coming out in 2011...so in the end each movie should be two years apart from eachother...but i guess if bay's taking a year off it won't be out until 2012....lol, when the world "ends"....lol, i don't believe in that stuff

Darker huh? Just as long as he doesn't make me cry again I'll be very happy. I hate crying during movies because I feel like a fool! (I shed a couple tears when Bumblebee was caught in the first one. It was a sad scene!)
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    Darker huh? Just as long as he doesn't make me cry again I'll be very happy. I hate crying during movies because I feel like a fool! (I shed a couple tears when Bumblebee was caught in the first one. It was a sad scene!)
    agreed!...but you prob. will cry again...the trailer even leaked a little dark part or two....

but ya, i was sad when BB was being caught too....lol, we're such wusses....

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    I bet we'll need strongly waterproof mascaras!

Banned

hey sora... if i were you dont wear any makeup when you go see the movie. That way when some of the Autobots die lol you wont have to worry about messing up what yo are wearing because of your makeup running.

I think the studio will let Bay take his time off. They won't do anything to screw up what he has done with this series. Anyways even if he is off it doesn't mean they won't be getting a good script together. Planning for the thirdone so when Bay is ready they can start.
    Name: Battlebot
    Faction: Dark Guardian/Decepticon
    Alt Mode:Tank/Shuttle
    Height:256'

let him take some time off after the 2nd one

And then come back with a vengeance for the 3rd one to complete the trilogy

I really liked and enjoyed the interview and found myself laughing out loud

Michael Bay's personality cracks me up! Cool director who makes cool movies.

Keep up the good work!
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

That's why I don't wear mascara. Oh god, can you image all transfans, male or female, if Optimus goes? Holy crap, that will be a cryfest.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.