Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: any one getting the feeling hot rod is the vette?

Default Re: any one getting the feeling hot rod is the vette?

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
    Not likely, but who knows? Maybe he just ended up at the recycling plant?
    :lol

Well I don't remember if they did dump him with the dead D-cons, put lets say they did and the expected ressurection of Megs and his associates occur wether in this part or the 3rd.

What will happen to Jazz then? will he be ressurected as a D-con

Well, it's been answered at the autoshow, the vette is Sideswipe.

Also, in the comic, Optimus has Jazz put in a semi trailer and takes him away for a proper burial.

Sideswipe it is! Good. That's settled, thank you Detroit for clarifying this one. As for Jolt, will he need to be plugged in every night?
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

Quote Originally Posted by Skotadi View Post

Also, in the comic, Optimus has Jazz put in a semi trailer and takes him away for a proper burial.

Where the hell would you bury such a giant robot?

Quote Originally Posted by guppyvh View Post
    Where the hell would you bury such a giant robot?
    Roswell
    "...take it away but I want more and more, one day I'm gonna lose the war."
    www.myspace.com/tremorjames

Quote Originally Posted by Skotadi View Post

If it is Sideswipe, why just have him and not his twin?
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    If it is Sideswipe, why just have him and not his twin?
    Nobody said they had to follow G1.

Banned

OK OK!!!!! can someone please find me a video from the Auto Show in Chicago where they say the Vett is Sideswipe!!! PLEASE!!!! I watched all the vids and they intro all the cars and their names for the movie except the Vett. I heard not one person call the Vett Sideswipe????? And in the post that was put up on Sibertron.com this was said....

Hi Guys,

My name is Stephen Gray and I am a designer at GM.

As you no doubt know already we are showing 5 vehicles at the Chicago Auto Show which are the actual props from the new Transformers Movie. There is also a full sized Bumblebee in robot form and an exclusive trailer.

If any of you who have questions for GM design, I will do my best to answer them!

There are some vids here (including the trailer):

http://gmtv.feedroom.com/?fr_chl=62fb04 ... 703d&rf=bm

If you get the chance you should go down to the show to check it out!

Stephen.

PS: Sideswipe is HOT.

Now we all know that the Vett is sweet and the bot is cool as hell but would someone already just tell us. Why even say something like Sideswipe is HOT!!!!! Is this a joke? Is this a hint that he could be HOTROD?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    sorry bro that dont count. That was just a reporter who probably got her info just like everyone else... from rumors. I want to see something from someone at GM saying its Sideswipe or to hear it from someone from the movie.

Alright Shadow, what kind of evidence points to the Corvette being Hot Rod? Seriously man. The only reason you would be saying this kinda stuff is that you know he is Hot Rod, right?

Well, IS HE?!!!!

Banned

Alright Shadow, what kind of evidence points to the Corvette being Hot Rod? Seriously man. The only reason you would be saying this kinda stuff is that you know he is Hot Rod, right?

Well, IS HE?!!!!
    lol i know nothing but im still sticking to it being HOTROD untill i see his toy package and or a CGI pic with either name on it to state for fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    lol i know nothing but im still sticking to it being HOTROD untill i see his toy package and or a CGI pic with either name on it to state for fact.
    I understand that, but you didn't answer one of my questions. What kinda evidence points to him being Hot Rod?

I don't know about everyone else.But I soooo don't want that to be Hotrod. Yes it's a kickass sports car, but it just look like it would be something Hotrod would be. I am hoping for Sideswipe or Silverstreak.
    Name: Battlebot
    Faction: Dark Guardian/Decepticon
    Alt Mode:Tank/Shuttle
    Height:256'

I don't care. The alt mode and robot mode are sick. Upgrade either way.

Banned

I understand that, but you didn't answer one of my questions. What kinda evidence points to him being Hot Rod?
    thats just it... there is no evidence... but besides people saying its sideswipe what true evidence do we have saying its sideswipe? I mean ya we got a few toy pics... but none with a name. And to date the only vid we have of the sideswipe name being linked to the Vett is a reporter who like i said is probably being fed BS too. How hard would it have been to intro the Vett with the other four cars and say its Sideswipe. I mean ALMOST everyone is set that it is Sideswipe because of all the write ups on it. But no true mention from Bay, cast or crew and GM that it is Sideswipe. Look at it this way Trail... Prime takes a turn for the worse in the movie(Not dead) I think, but he does go down. So are you going to have Sideswipe step up? And im still sticking to what i know and im sorry i cant prove it to you... but i know Bay did want HOTROD in the movie.
    Last edited by Shadow; 02-12-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    thats just it... there is no evidence... but besides people saying its sideswipe what true evidence do we have saying its sideswipe? I mean ya we got a few toy pics... but none with a name. And to date the only vid we have of the sideswipe name being linked to the Vett is a reporter who like i said is probably being fed BS too. How hard would it have been to intro the Vett with the other four cars and say its Sideswipe. I mane ALMOST everyone is set that it is Sideswipe because of all the write ups on it. But no true mention from Bay, cast or crew and GM that it is Sideswipe. Look at it this way Trail... Prime takes a turn for the worse in the movie(Not dead) I think, but he does go down. So are you going to have Sideswipe step up? And im still sticking to what i know and im sorry i cant prove it to you... but i know Bay did want HOTROD in the movie.
    You forget that Ironhide is an experienced soldier and good friend of Prime for years. Besides, I thought G1 Hot Rod taking Prime's place was blasphemy to begin with.

this is the first time i clicked onto this thread because I am wondering why this thread is still going on

They already announced the name of the Stingray Corvette and it is Motormaster

Anyways, they already said its Sideswipe
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

I do agree with Shadow, it is strange that there has been nothing in print or spoken ( by someone that would make it legit). I also agree with Trails that it is also intresting how you are so hooked on Hotrod!!! THere are so many other bots it could be, yet you keep saying Hotrod.
    Name: Battlebot
    Faction: Dark Guardian/Decepticon
    Alt Mode:Tank/Shuttle
    Height:256'

Banned

You forget that Ironhide is an experienced soldier and good friend of Prime for years. Besides, I thought G1 Hot Rod taking Prime's place was blasphemy to begin with.
    ironhide will never step up and will never be a leader. Why? He has a short fuse and wanted to blast Sam's parents. Ironhide is a soldier and nothing more. Now im not saying Hotrod would be any better because we all know he is to childish and hotheaded as well but Hotrod would make for a better driving point to the story. Why? because Hotrod is everything Prime isnt. Hotheaded, young, irrational and always ready to shoot first and ask questions later. This could be a good way to bring some much needed on the edge of your seat excitment to the Autobots.

It's Sideswipe, man. Besides, didn't Bay say that if Hot Rod was in the movie, he would have to be cooler than Bumblebee? Nobody can top Bee!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebot View Post
    I do agree with Shadow, it is strange that there has been nothing in print or spoken ( by someone that would make it legit). I also agree with Trails that it is also intresting how you are so hooked on Hotrod!!! THere are so many other bots it could be, yet you keep saying Hotrod.
    thats because like i said I KNOW BAY WANTED HIM IN THE MOVIE. Did Hotrod make it? I dont know. He could have been cut from the final additions but i know what i know and am sticking to it untill i see it for myself. Dont you guys think Bay wants there to be one thing at least that is a surprise to us? I for one would say that Hotrod would make for and have a bigger impact in the movie then Sideswipe.

Banned

It's Sideswipe, man. Besides, didn't Bay say that if Hot Rod was in the movie, he would have to be cooler than Bumblebee? Nobody can top Bee!
    he did say that and whats happening? Everyone is hooked on the Vett and no one gives a damn about BB and the Comaro!!! Bay got what he wanted... another new bot that is the new hot want for everyone and has taken the spotlight off of BB.

well the scan of the back of the toy packaging says its sideswipe i dunno where you are going with this
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
    well the scan of the back of the toy packaging says its sideswipe i dunno where you are going with this
    what scan of the back of a toy package? The only toy package for the Vett that was shown was not a full toy package. it was just the bot cut out of the package so we could not see any stats or the name.