Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If Optimus Dies In TF2, Will Elita One Lead In TF3?

Default If Optimus Dies In TF2, Will Elita One Lead In TF3?

Rumors have been circulating that Optimus Prime dies in TF2. If this is the case (and I hope it isn't), I'm wondering if Elita One will be introduced in TF3 and lead the autobots. Just a thought.

Default Re: If Optimus Dies In TF2, Will Elita One Lead In TF3?

Even if he does die, I doubt Elita One will lead. Paramount would lose a whole lotta cash flow for it.

However, I wouldn't doubt the deaths of some other key Autobots...
    This is Ferngully, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by xana View Post
    Even if he does die, I doubt Elita One will lead. Paramount would lose a whole lotta cash flow for it.

I would be mad if Prime died in TF2. If he's going to eventually die, wouldn't that be too soon to get rid of him?

However, knowing Hollywood, I guess anything is possible. Maybe they kill him off in TF2, but bring him back in TF3 after Elita has come to Earth and provided the Autobots the leadership they were missing? Who knows.

Actually, I kind of like the idea of Elita One leading the Autobots, but not at the expense of Prime. But I do like her leading at least some large force somewhere. Maybe a resistance movement somewhere in space. If they do decide to include Elita in the movieverse, I don't want her to be there merely for the purpose of being Optimus Prime's girlfriend. I would like her to be established as an interesting character in her own right. She can be Prime's lover later.

If they kill off Prime I would want either Ultra Magnus or Rodimus.
    Name: Battlebot
    Faction: Dark Guardian/Decepticon
    Alt Mode:Tank/Shuttle
    Height:256'

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebot View Post
    I just don't want them to kill Prime off. Hopefully Hasbro learned its lesson from TFTM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebot View Post
    same here and as for Elita One She cant come in unless they find a way to bring her back from the dead. Starscram straped her butt to the Cube he was trying to re-create back on Cybertron and fried her in the Reign of Starscream series and used her as well as other Autobot Sparks to bring that Cube to life. So I dont think Elita One will make it to the movie.

I wouldn't mind it as long as they waited til the 4 or 5 movie. No sooner then the end of the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage View Post
    I just don't want them to kill Prime off. Hopefully Hasbro learned its lesson from TFTM.
    I whole-heartedly agree. No prime death, just awesome kick-assery

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    same here and as for Elita One She cant come in unless they find a way to bring her back from the dead. Starscram straped her butt to the Cube he was trying to re-create back on Cybertron and fried her in the Reign of Starscream series and used her as well as other Autobot Sparks to bring that Cube to life. So I dont think Elita One will make it to the movie.
    I don't think the comics are completely in line with the movieverse. The final decision to introduce Elita or not will rest with Bay and Hasbro.

LOL. Thank you for being blunt.

Banned

I don't think the comics are completely in line with the movieverse. The final decision to introduce Elita or not will rest with Bay and Hasbro.
    ummm no the ROSS series is in line with the movie as it is a direct tie-in with the Alliance comics. Also Elita One is nothing in the Greater scope of things to come trust me. Someone will step up to take Primes place (for a while) but it sure isnt Elita One.

Of course if they do decide to use Elita One in the movieverse, IDW will have a hard time with its comic book. Though Elita never died in the movieverse, IDW will have to figure out how to bring her back in their universe.

yes but those comics contrubute to leading up to the events of TF2. So I imagine that it won't be all of the writers including Bay, decision to make.

Someone will step up to take Primes place (for a while) but it sure isnt Elita One.
    -sigh- Shadow...

QUIT IT!

Banned

yes but those comics contrubute to leading up to the events of TF2. So I imagine that it won't be all of the writers including Bay, decision to make.
    you are right. The ROSS series went through about 4 re-writes because Hasbro didnt want them to use things that may give away stuff that would happen later in the movies so they had to write about other minor TFs to keep the story going without spilling to much info about the upcoming movie all the while keeping in line with and leading up to the next movie. I have had this argument before and I'll say it again and again and again... HASBRO has the final say-so.

I would have to imagine the IDW guys know what's in the script so they can work things up to the point of which the ROTF will start. Or at least pretty close to the begining of the movie.

ummm no the ROSS series is in line with the movie as it is a direct tie-in with the Alliance comics. Also Elita One is nothing in the Greater scope of things to come trust me. Someone will step up to take Primes place (for a while) but it sure isnt Elita One.
    They're still just comic books. Most people who saw TF1 probabely didn't even read them and have no idea what they are about and how they tie into the movie. Whether they are completely in line with the movieverse or not, the final decision to put Elita One or any other TF in the movieverse rests with Bay and Hasbro, not IDW. If Bay and Hasbro think it's a good idea and will bring in $$$$ for the movieverse, they will include her despite what IDW does. I'm not basing Elita One's movieverse inclusion on anything in the comics. I'm basing it one whatever Bay and Hasbro decide to do.

They're still just comic books. Most people who saw TF1 probabely didn't even read them and have no idea what they are about and how they tie into the movie. Whether they are completely in line with the movieverse or not, the final decision to put Elita One or any other TF in the movieverse rests with Bay and Hasbro, not IDW. If Bay and Hasbro think it's a good idea and will bring in $$$$ for the movieverse, they will include her despite what IDW does. I'm not basing Elita One's movieverse inclusion on anything in the comics. I'm basing it one whatever Bay and Hasbro decide to do.
    Hasbro has a LOT of control on what IDW publishes as far as Transformers goes. And yes, I can safely assume that a lot of people read the comics. I do, and I've never read comics before then. If you were a big fan of the movie, you'd probably be reading that just to find out whatever info you can about the next one.

I would guess it works something like this. First some one comes up with a rough script. then Bay and Hasbro look at it say their likes and dislike. One or more times. Till there is a script everyone likes then after that then is when IDW has some thing to work off of. So I doubt they will contridict each other. I'm I close Shadow?

Banned

ok i understand what you are saying but as for the comics and IDW... they are writing these comics to co-inside with the movies. They have the script and are writing these comics to lead up to the movie. These comics are part of the movieverse... thats why they are being released before the movie. THEY are prequel movie comics not just after the fact comics. The only female Autobot you will see in this movie is Arcee. And to be honest if anyone was tostep in and take up leadership for a while it would be Ultra Magnus.

Hasbro has a LOT of control on what IDW publishes as far as Transformers goes. And yes, I can safely assume that a lot of people read the comics. I do, and I've never read comics before then. If you were a big fan of the movie, you'd probably be reading that just to find out whatever info you can about the next one.
    A lot of Transformers fans read the comics. The majority of people who saw this movie were not fans. Most either had vague familarity with the Transformers from memories of the 80's TF cartoon or didn't know anything about it. They probabely saw the movie for the same reason that any of us would see any movie period. They thought it was cool and a great way to kill their time. Or their kids wanted to see it. Probabely nothing more. I doubt if they would be reading the prequel comic books and know what happened in them.

ok i understand what you are saying but as for the comics and IDW... they are writing these comics to co-inside with the movies. They have the script and are writing these comics to lead up to the movie. These comics are part of the movieverse... thats why they are being released before the movie. THEY are prequel movie comics not just after the fact comics. The only female Autobot you will see in this movie is Arcee. And to be honest if anyone was tostep in and take up leadership for a while it would be Ultra Magnus.
    I'm not expecting to see any female Autobot other than Arcee. But despite what the comics have, if Bay, Hasbro, and the other powers decide that including a character will bring in $$$$ in future sequels, they will do it despite the fact that the comic book storyline contradicts such an inclusion. The comic books will just have to adjust and figure something out. The movie franchise is a larger money-maker than the comic franchise and Hasbro will be putting that first.

In the end, the only thing that will reveal anything is time.

Banned

A lot of Transformers fans read the comics. The majority of people who saw this movie were not fans. Most either had vague familarity with the Transformers from memories of the 80's TF cartoon or didn't know anything about it. They probabely saw the movie for the same reason that any of us would see any movie period. They thought it was cool and a great way to kill their time. Or their kids wanted to see it. Probabely nothing more. I doubt if they would be reading the prequel comic books and know what happened in them.
    well i will say this. As for the every day normal movie watcher who may see this movie just to see it... more power to them. But as for the fans. I'm telling them all to read the prequel comics!! Why you might ask? Because there will be some new Transformers that are just going to pop into the movie out of nowhere and most people are going to be lost as to where the hell these Transformers came from, and this will be explaned in the prequel comics and no where else. Trust me on this!!!

It doesn't matter. Either way, ROSS, Aliance, and Defiance [I think (?)] all lead up to the events of TF2. Even if they weren't fans of the original Transformers, they were still interested enough to go out and read the new comics. And that's why it's important for those certain prequel ones to make sure everything fits. If Elita died in ROSS, you can't have her come back if it was clear that she died. If it were in any other series, maybe, but not for a prequel series for Revenge of the Fallen. It would confuse everyone who read it.