Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Revenge is Coming

Euless, Texas, United States, 108339615853282, Euless, Texas

Default Re: Revenge is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    Okay it's time to turn up the heat on Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen. We've waited low in the weeds letting all the summer movies get their stuff out. We've seen the great year end movies, and watched the upcoming clips of the upcoming summer fare. We've seen certain movies coming out even try to duplicate Transformer size robots in their ads. Please, come on.

Well, I promise you we will rock your world with Transformers 2. The fans wanted ROBOTS KICKING ASS - well we got it. Today we are releasing the teaser poster and soon the onslaught will continue with a steady drum beat until June 26th.

I'll keep you informed.

Bay
    Thank you for the update

so daamn excited!!

yhea scene the set pics of arcee she looks cool in bike form,same color as the toy. right on.POSSIBLE SPOILER!!! SO DONT READ IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED, I believe the poster we are seeing is actually megatron,he's going into a new alt mode of a tank. not posotive,but pretty sure scene pics on the web.
    "Autobots, let's go dismantle us some decepticons; So transform and roll out!"
    http://www.myspace.com/raddimus33

in the barn looking after the llamas! +_+

Quote Originally Posted by raddimus View Post
    yhea scene the set pics of arcee she looks cool in bike form,same color as the toy. right on.POSSIBLE SPOILER!!! SO DONT READ IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED, I believe the poster we are seeing is actually megatron,he's going into a new alt mode of a tank. not posotive,but pretty sure scene pics on the web.
    I still don't think Megs is coming back!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alASw1GdaL4
    most beautiful thing i have ever seen!

I think Megatron will be in it. But that isn't him on the Poster.
    Name: Battlebot
    Faction: Dark Guardian/Decepticon
    Alt Mode:Tank/Shuttle
    Height:256'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebot View Post
    I think Megatron will be in it. But that isn't him on the Poster.
    no its not him on the poster.

Yeah, there is no question that it isn't him. No doubt. His head is more narrow then Megs and has more detail.
    Name: Battlebot
    Faction: Dark Guardian/Decepticon
    Alt Mode:Tank/Shuttle
    Height:256'

I think I wet my pants a little. If I don't own this movie on HSX yet, I most certainly will right now.

Thumbs up Re: Revenge is Coming

We're all ready. Luv the poster.My number 1 on list of to see in 09

now we need a tf t-shirt, come on Bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Makes sense for The Fallens head to be designed after the Decepticon logo and appear on the teaser poster. Like how the Autobots logos eye appeared on the teaser poster for Transformers.
    You can't spell film without ILM - Industrial Light and Magic

I really can't understand why everyone is loving this poster. It's very bla to me.

"look at me, I'm a glowing eye shot"

Sure going into the theater, it might catch your attention, but i doubt the average person would give it a second look. who really wants to look at a black poster with glowing red eyes, anyways?
    Last edited by uraydo; 01-12-2009 at 01:31 AM.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    I really can't understand why everyone is loving this poster. It's very bla to.

Sure going into the theater, it might catch your attention, but i doubt the average person would give it a second look. who really wants to look at a black poster with glowing red eyes, anyways?
    its ment to be the first teaser poster just as from the first movie all they had was the Autobot symbol and that was it. Just enough for people to say hey Transformers but not so much that you get spoilers of the movie. We will see more colorful posters in short order.

[yeah but look at the teaser poster for the first film. wasn't exactly ''ish either. They did come out with some better ones after that. I have faith in the CGI people to do some kickass imaging for later.]

-sigh- Nevermind. Just read Shadow's post above. -_-;
    Last edited by xana; 01-11-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Shadow beat me to the point. Again. :P
    This is Ferngully, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    its ment to be the first teaser poster just as from the first movie all they had was the Autobot symbol and that was it. Just enough for people to say hey Transformers but not so much that you get spoilers of the movie. We will see more colorful posters in short order.
    Quote Originally Posted by xana View Post
    [yeah but look at the teaser poster for the first film. wasn't exactly ''ish either. They did come out with some better ones after that. I have faith in the CGI people to do some kickass imaging for later.]

-sigh- Nevermind. Just read Shadow's post above. -_-;
    what are you guys talking about? The teaser poster for the first film was awesome. it took me awhile before I realized it was the autobot symbol. that symbol screamed TRANSFORMERS YOU MOTHER****ERS. What does this poster scream? "look at me, I'm mysterious"? screw that!

Give us something that screams TRANSFORMERS ARE BACK YOU MOTHER****ERS. Hell, they could do that by giving us something we've seen before like one of the characters doing something. We've seen Prime, Bumblebee, and starscream. why not do something with them. Hell, Jester's decepticon poster with their insignia burned into a building serves as a better poster than this.

The official teaser poster is not only a cliché, but it's a cliché poorly done.

I'll tell you what I would do, if it was up to me. and this is just of the top of my head. I would have a shot form the rim of a crater that was blown into the assphalt of a tattered cityscap. out form the crater reaches the mangled hand of Bumblebee or Prime. Now that screams Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. if was being paid for it, and was in the lop I am 110% positive I could come up with something better.

Banned

what are you guys talking about? The teaser poster for the first film was awesome. it took me awhile before I realized it was the autobot symbol. that symbol screamed TRANSFORMERS YOU MOTHER****ERS. What does this poster scream? "look at me, I'm mysterious"? screw that!

Give us something that screams TRANSFORMERS ARE BACK YOU MOTHER****ERS. Hell, they could do that by giving us something we've seen before like one of the characters doing something. We've seen Prime, Bumblebee, and starscream. why not do something with them. Hell, Jester's decepticon poster with their insignia burned into a building serves as a better poster than this.

The official teaser poster is not only a cliché, but it's a cliché poorly done.

I'll tell you what I would do, if it was up to me. and this is just of the top of my head. I would have a shot form the rim of a crater that was blown into the assphalt of a tattered cityscap. out form the crater reaches the mangled hand of Bumblebee or Prime. Now that screams Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. if was being paid for it, and was in the lop I am 110% positive I could come up with something better.
    see thats just it... you didnt do the poster!!!!!! And it is a taser poster. They are not going to go into putting a lot into it!!!! And it is just as good as the Transformer 1 teaser poster. The first one had an Autobot symbol. This one has a symbol as well. Look at it man. Just by looking at it i get excited. It may not say anything to you but to me and im sure others... it says pure evil, it says the Autobots are going to get their asses handed to them, it says they created it not you so let it go!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    Okay it's time to turn up the heat on Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen. We've waited low in the weeds letting all the summer movies get their stuff out. We've seen the great year end movies, and watched the upcoming clips of the upcoming summer fare. We've seen certain movies coming out even try to duplicate Transformer size robots in their ads. Please, come on.

Well, I promise you we will rock your world with Transformers 2. The fans wanted ROBOTS KICKING ASS - well we got it. Today we are releasing the teaser poster and soon the onslaught will continue with a steady drum beat until June 26th.

I'll keep you informed.

Bay
    Thanks, Mike.

The trailers for T4 are so scratched up-looking that you can't really make out the transforminator things. I doubt we'll get the kind of photorealistic clarity we've seen with the real Transformers.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

see thats just it... you didnt do the poster!!!!!! And it is a taser poster. They are not going to go into putting a lot into it!!!! And it is just as good as the Transformer 1 teaser poster. The first one had an Autobot symbol. This one has a symbol as well. Look at it man. Just by looking at it i get excited. It may not say anything to you but to me and im sure others... it says pure evil, it says the Autobots are going to get their asses handed to them, it says they created it not you so let it go!!!! lol

Fine with me if they felt it wasn't worth putting effort into. Why should I care? and it being as good as the first teaser poster is highly debatable, if not wrong entirely.

again the first poster was iconic. a picture to say a thousand words. This poster is two glowing eyes; which has been done over and over and over a million times over.

The day I "let it go" is the day I turn my back on every form of media, and leave storytelling to die in its sad clichés and untruths. To never again touch the heart of man or woman; to tell them life is this, and in this we discover our lives. it will be the day when such films as Bambi 4 and Charlie and the Donut Factory win best picture of the year. The day when script writers can't find work, because there is not a single damn story left to tell. That will be day i'll "let it go."

That will be day.

sorry, I'm taking a Shakespeare class.

First poster, one eye... second poster, 2 eyes.... will we get three eyes in the third poster? lol

I quite like the idea of one of the surviving autobot's hand sticking out a charred hole as a poster... teaser or full.
    Don S Davis 1942-2008

Godspeed

Can't or won't? Once you realize that it's people just wanting the next tidbit of official info and not about the "discriminating eye" when it comes to one-sheets, then you'll understand when they'll get bored with it and start clamoring for the next poster. But as it is you're jumping the gun a little with this teaser poster, if it turns out that they roll out better posters as we get closer. Yes it may be cliched (although not as cliched as a floating head poster), but no one (not already in the know) knows what the heck that thing is, and any kind of chatter is good chatter.

Who knows, maybe your idea for a one-sheet is one being used for later. Jarek's was cool indeed, but more on the stylistic side.(would a robot actually burn an insignia on a building? No.), then TDK ripped it, then T4 ripped off of Google Maps and Jester's combined with the city forming the face of a Terminator.

However, it's a build up, you don't blow your load (forgive me for lack of a better term) right at the beginning. The symbol teasers from TF1 had it good because you didn't need to show robots. Then they kept using the Prime and Meg profile shots practically the rest of the way. Most people I know don't even realize a new one is coming out. When ever they see something TF2 related (BB Camaro redesign, for example) they think it's from the first movie, until they read (or I tell them) the release date. So how can you incorporate something new without giving it away while still letting people know, while also not boring the ADD-laden summer audience? It's debatable, but I agree with it, so long as they subseqently roll out more familiar faces.

In any case Revenge is Coming whether you think eyes should emit light or not.

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Can't or won't? Once you realize that it's people just wanting the next tidbit of official info and not about the "discriminating eye" when it comes to one-sheets, then you'll understand when they'll get bored with it and start clamoring for the next poster. But as it is you're jumping the gun a little with this teaser poster, if it turns out that they roll out better posters as we get closer. Yes it may be cliched (although not as cliched as a floating head poster), but no one (not already in the know) knows what the heck that thing is, and any kind of chatter is good chatter.

Who knows, maybe your idea for a one-sheet is one being used for later. Jarek's was cool indeed, but more on the stylistic side.(would a robot actually burn an insignia on a building? No.), then TDK ripped it, then T4 ripped off of Google Maps and Jester's combined with the city forming the face of a Terminator.

However, it's a build up, you don't blow your load (forgive me for lack of a better term) right at the beginning. The symbol teasers from TF1 had it good because you didn't need to show robots. Then they kept using the Prime and Meg profile shots practically the rest of the way. Most people I know don't even realize a new one is coming out. When ever they see something TF2 related (BB Camaro redesign, for example) they think it's from the first movie, until they read (or I tell them) the release date. So how can you incorporate something new without giving it away while still letting people know, while also not boring the ADD-laden summer audience? It's debatable, but I agree with it, so long as they subseqently roll out more familiar faces.

In any case Revenge is Coming whether you think eyes should emit light or not.
    I actually physically LOLed at paragraph two.

in regards to your first question the answer is "can't". I can't see why every speaks so highly of it. sure, it's okay to take on the wall, but as a starving fan, (which most who hold this work in high regard are) I find it hard to salivate over such a tiny piece of meat. (damn it shakespeare! get out of my head!)

truly, there is more interesting things coming out as leaked images of toys.

I really was going to keep my mouth shut, and was doing a fine job of it for a time, but I really expected my fellow fans to not drool over such a sickly thing. (**** you Shakespeare! you non-existing bast**d!)

Banned

I actually physically LOLed at paragraph two.

in regards to your first question the answer is "can't". I can't see why every speaks so highly of it. sure, it's okay to take on the wall, but as a starving fan, (which most who hold this work in high regard are) I find it hard to salivate over such a tiny piece of meat. (damn it shakespeare! get out of my head!)

truly, there is more interesting things coming out as leaked images of toys.

I really was going to keep my mouth shut, and was doing a fine job of it for a time, but I really expected my fellow fans to not drool over such a sickly thing. (**** you Shakespeare! you non-existing bast**d!)
    but who ever said this poster was aimed at just us fans? I can see you ae a die hard fan and im not disrespecting you on that because I am as well. But to be honest I really like this new poster over the first movies teaser poster. Why because the whole normal looking TFs symbol thing is played out. I like to see new stuff being thrown out there... even if it is just a dark poster with red eyes. The fact of the mater is there is more to this poster then meets the eye And only time will tell. This to me is why im all for this poster. Again to you its just something that has been done before and thats fine but again... to me it means more. And im sure this one poster can mean a lot of different things to a lot of true fans and none fans alike. I do also like your idea of a beat the shit out of bot's arm coming from a crator or some such poster but remember there are a lot of new faces(bots) in this movie so dont expect Prime, BB, Starscream and the such to be on every new poster.

but who ever said this poster was aimed at just us fans? I can see you ae a die hard fan and im not disrespecting you on that because I am as well. But to be honest I really like this new poster over the first movies teaser poster. Why because the whole normal looking TFs symbol thing is played out. I like to see new stuff being thrown out there... even if it is just a dark poster with red eyes. The fact of the mater is there is more to this poster then meets the eye And only time will tell. This to me is why im all for this poster. Again to you its just something that has been done before and thats fine but again... to me it means more. And im sure this one poster can mean a lot of different things to a lot of true fans and none fans alike. I do also like your idea of a beat the shit out of bot's arm coming from a crator or some such poster but remember there are a lot of new faces(bots) in this movie so dont expect Prime, BB, Starscream and the such to be on every new poster.

screw fans. do you think Paramount is concerned about advertising to fans? I see this poster throw the eyes of someone who hasn't been waiting for it. this may be his inner thoughts after seeing.

"Well my popcorn and my wallet. shit, where's my ticket... oh there it is. oh look at those glowing eyes. look kinda scary. probably a horro flick or what have you. oh look a T-rex... and he's about to eat Will Ferrell. That's got to be a good movie. Land of the Lost? I remember that show. crap I'm late to Marley and Me!"

look. the poster is what it is. I just fail to see why I should regard it as special when I'm more excited about the one poster I have seen for Land of the Lost, than everything I have seen from Transformers. (What can I say, I want to see Will Ferrell get eaten.)

seriously though. after hearing about certain Egyptian themed events in the Tranformer movie, I am more excited about Land of the Lost... And I have only seen one poster for it.

Banned

screw fans. do you think Paramount is concerned about advertising to fans? I see this poster throw the eyes of someone who hasn't been waiting for it. this may be his inner thoughts after seeing.

"Well my popcorn and my wallet. shit, where's my ticket... oh there it is. oh look at those glowing eyes. look kinda scary. probably a horro flick or what have you. oh look a T-rex... and he's about to eat Will Ferrell. That's got to be a good movie. Land of the Lost? I remember that show. crap I'm late to Marley and Me!"

look. the poster is what it is. I just fail to see why I should regard it as special when I'm more excited about the one poster I have seen for Land of the Lost, than everything I have seen from Transformers. (What can I say, I want to see Will Ferrell get eaten.)

seriously though. after hearing about certain Egyptian themed events in the Tranformer movie, I am more excited about Land of the Lost... And I have only seen one poster for it.
    ok bro can (YOU) stop crying about one damn poster. And no one said you and only you should regard anything as special. If you are that excited about a poster from Land of the Lost then by all means go see Land of the Lost and stop bitching about one single poster. If you are having this much trouble with a poster then im sorry bro... a lot of stuff is going to happen in the movie that you are not going to like. So enjoy it for what it is and stop with all the well if i did the poster it would be like this crap. lol

ok bro can (YOU) stop crying about one damn poster. And no one said you and only you should regard anything as special. If you are that excited about a poster from Land of the Lost then by all means go see Land of the Lost and stop bitching about one single poster. If you are having this much trouble with a poster then im sorry bro... a lot of stuff is going to happen in the movie that you are not going to like. So enjoy it for what it is and stop with all the well if i did the poster it would be like this crap. lol
    How dare you insinuate that this is a matter deserving of my tears. I bring a valid point of artistic integrity to the table and you treat me as a child that can't have a cookie. I end my argument now because I know you don't have the maturity or the civility to discuss this any further. I pity you because yours is a life of taking things as they are and not questioning if they could be better or wanting them to be so.

The poster is ****ing amazing

The movie will be ****ing amazing

who are we, the audience and patrons, to say otherwise? Are we to be sheep, so better men than us can tell us what we need or want? I'm sorry if my tears blind me to your righteousness.