Thread: Party With Michael Bay

Cool Party With Michael Bay

I came across this at /film...http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/21/...i-beach-house/

Not sure if this was already mentioned,but didn't see it.

Would you like to attend a party at Transformers director Michael Bay’s Miami Beach home? What about hang out with Bay and his “AWESOME” celebrity guests on a private rooftop lounge? Well, Bay and real estate developer and hospitality Michael Capponi have joined forces to present the 2nd annual Toast to United Way, an intimate cocktail reception to benefit the community. The invitation-only event will be held at 8:00pm on Saturday, December 27th at Bay’s home. Tickets are $250 per person. VIP tickets, which will allow guests to join Bay and his celebrity guests on a private rooftop lounge, are available for $500 per person. Following the reception, all guests will be invited to an after-party. Proceeds go to support the work of Way of Miami-Dade. Read the full press release after the jump.

MIAMI BEACH, Fla., Dec. 19 — Famed film director Michael Bay and real estate developer and hospitality entrepreneur Michael Capponi have joined forces to present the 2nd annual Toast to United Way, an intimate cocktail reception to benefit the community.
    The invitation-only event will be held at 8 pm, on Saturday, December 27th at Bay’s Miami Beach home. Tickets are $250 per person. VIP tickets, which will allow guests to join Bay and his celebrity guests on a private rooftop lounge, are available for $500 per person. Following the reception, all guests will be invited to an after-party. Proceeds go to support the work of United Way of Miami-Dade.
    “I am honored to open my home to help children and families in need,” Bay said. “This is an extraordinary time where American’s have to dig deep to help others. Miami is my new hometown and I’m committed to doing my part to help this community thrive.”
    The director of such blockbusters as Transformers, Pearl Harbor, and Bad Boys, Bay is serving as the host for the evening. Capponi is chairing this year’s event. The guest list includes “jetsetters” in town for the, the mayors of Miami-Dade and Miami Beach, as well as several surprise celebrities. Approximately 300 guests will dine on fine cuisine graciously catered by The Forge and top shelf drinks generously provided by Diageo. Toast to United Way began in 2007 and was spearheaded by Capponi.
    “I realized with the success of last year’s Toast to United Way that each of us can be an incredible force for good in our community if we work together,” Capponi said. “I am excited to be involved once again and invite others to join me to help improve the lives of those less fortunate.”
    As part of this year’s festivities, Bay and Capponi will honor the owners and managers of the Miami Beach venues that participated in last year’s event. Honorees include Jeffrey Chodorow, Joe Day, Linley Edwards, Dave Grutman, Dimitris Harvalis, Roman Jones, Mark Lehmkuhl, Shareef Malnik, Karim Masri, Eric Milon, Francis Milon, Louis Puig, Nicola Siervo, Mark Tamis, Joshua Wagner, Graham Wheeler, Romain Zago and Terry Zarikian.

Default Re: Party With Michael Bay

If only they had discounts for S4TE members. :lol

true
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

I would pay the $500. I would not have tried to sell him on anything, just be nice to go to.
    Last edited by CJP; 12-22-2008 at 10:48 AM.
    To The Battlefield and Back:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfdm1oon5mU

Will there be explosions? Because seriously, you can't have a party at Bay's without an "AWESOME" BBQ.

Hell, yeah, if I was in the US I'd pay $500 to go

Does anyone read the news blog page? Where do you think Slashfilm got their story?

SIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Does anyone read the news blog page? Where do you think Slashfilm got their story?

SIGH.
    Read it all the time, but I recognize you were being rhetorical just then (and yeah, I saw the smirk in yer post as well...that is a smirk isn't it?).

SIGH.
    I've read it, thanks for the heads-up. That's one of funny things about internet. News flies away from the nest, and twitters somewhere a long way off.

Sorry Nelson, I've been slippin'. Thanks though for the Happy B-Day comment on Facebook.
    To The Battlefield and Back:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfdm1oon5mU

SIGH.
    Um,not really. I usually come straight to the forums. I guess I should more often.

If it had been any other year, I would have been there in a second, this year I just cant afford it, I live half an hour from the beach, on a side note I've been contributing to the United Way through work for the past 9 years.

SIGH.
    Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me! I also read the part where it said it was "invitation only." Still, it's very good of him to support the community over there. I hope the event is very successful.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman