Thread: How should Transformers 2 look like as a movie? New scene Ideas.

Default How should Transformers 2 look like as a movie? New scene Ideas.

Okay, so this is my first thread, and I'm really excited about what I have to say. First, I LOVE Transformers and I enjoy every Michael Bay film a lot! One day, I would just love to be a director or sinemaphotographer [sp?], or something like that, I just really love films [movies].
    Anyways, I was thinking when I watched Transformers [I watched it about five times] that while every part of the film is so very awesomely crazy, I was thinking of other scenes or techniques of shooting action sequences for the next Transformers movie. So, here are my ideas.

1. I love that action scenes a lot, but it would also be cool to shoot that action further away [every now and then, not all the time]. For instance, say, when the robots are fighting in the city, it would have been cool to see one of them from a distance just tearing through a building. Maybe a jet crashes through a tall building and a fireball and debris comes out the other side. Or maybe like the scene when the two robots crash through the building, It would have been cool to see that from a distance, no slow motion.

2. Just other ideas I was thinking of: While one of the robots are in a car form, show them going of a huge jump, and transforming in mid air, where they then attack something, or catch something else in the air like a jet or helicopter.

So, anyways, you can post any ideas you want about what you think Transformers 2 should or shouldn't be like. Although I would have liked to see some action shots from further away, I still love the movie and I would easily say it is the number one action movie ever!
    IDIC

I've said all of these before but it really agitates me about the movie that these happened.

1)When the robots speak they are shown on screen.

i.e. the last part of the movie where Megatron and Optimus are going to finally fight it out saying some of the best lines in the movie and we get a scene of Sam running through a "ditch" instead.

2)An actual chase scene, not some getaway that starts awesome only to abruptly end in 10 seconds or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    I've said all of these before but it really agitates me about the movie that these happened.

1)When the robots speak they are shown on screen.

i.e. the last part of the movie where Megatron and Optimus are going to finally fight it out saying some of the best lines in the movie and we get a scene of Sam running through a "ditch" instead.

2)An actual chase scene, not some getaway that starts awesome only to abruptly end in 10 seconds or so.

i agree with this

An entire battle scene, not just a 3 second focus on it then turn focus away, look back to it, go somewhere else, come back to see how it's doing, go away once more, then someone won while we were away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    An entire battle scene, not just a 3 second focus on it then turn focus away, look back to it, go somewhere else, come back to see how it's doing, go away once more, then someone won while we were away.
    Totally agree!!!!!

They should show a huge battle of many robots fighting each other, transforming, running away, turning back, gaining huge speed, transforming again, and diving right in to the middle of the battle...

Also more transformation sequences, from distance, so we can see the entire thing transforming. And a bit slowly please.. the transformation of bumblebee to a car, was to fast, and barricade when he starts chasing sam and bumblebee, he turns in to the police car way to fast...
    Autobot presence detected... Commence extermination.....
    -Soundwave 2nd in command

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOctane View Post
    Totally agree!!!!!

They should show a huge battle of many robots fighting each other, transforming, running away, turning back, gaining huge speed, transforming again, and diving right in to the middle of the battle...

Also more transformation sequences, from distance, so we can see the entire thing transforming. And a bit slowly please.. the transformation of bumblebee to a car, was to fast, and barricade when he starts chasing sam and bumblebee, he turns in to the police car way to fast...

maybe thats a little too epic unless you're doing a prequel that takes place on Cybertron with large amounts of Decepticons vs Autobots

But while its on Earth, it would be better to make the action scenes more on a personal level. Like focussed one on one battles or two on one battles.

The Optimus Prime vs Bonecrusher scene is a great battle. It just needed to be longer and there needed to be more exchange of blows instead of being taken out so easily.

We need to see that ACTUAL FIGHTING taking place between the robots and the action's gotta be hyper kinetic such as the brief scene where Bumblebee swings Barricade over his head and onto a shack.

as long as they give us more robots, more fighting and more transforming, i'm satisfied.
    Autobot presence detected... Commence extermination.....
    -Soundwave 2nd in command

I think that we saw a lot of cutting in and out and talking off of camera because of budgetary constraints. Bay did an amazing amount of work with only $150 million. I think Pirates 3 cost almost 2 times of Tformers and I can't remember a single memorable scene from that. Bay is a cost-saver, not only because it is him by nature, but because the studios only allotted him with $150m to test the waters and see how receptive we would be of this movie. Now that they realize how much Tformers 1 brought in (700m in ticket sales alone), I'm sure we might see $50-100m more budgeted to the sequel -- as long as this strike doesn't work against quality - and now that much of the design work of the bots are done, that cuts some cost as well (and I hear they've already scrapped the flames on Optimus). That would allow for more far-out, full body shots, and extended one on one battles. I for one could barely see anything happen in the Bumblebee/Barricade fight until i played it on my hd dvd player. And even then it was tiny. One could also say they purposely didn't show off huge battles early as it would have detracted from the massive scale of the ending.

I just hope the car advertisement angles stop =] I don't want to buy a Camaro.

its gonna be a car advertisement no matter what, after all the main characters are cars.

And probably introduce some new concept car(s)

Think about what you get with certain budgets:

$300 million - Spider-Man 3 and Pirates 3
    $200 million - Terminator 3

And now look at Bad Boys, made for only $9 million LOL!!! And still an awesome film which put Will Smith's name to superstardom.

The budget for BB2 was $130 mil, and they ended up with $138 domestically.

Still a very entertaining movie but you can see how spending more money doesn't necessarily mean more return, or at least that much more.

You just gotta have a good formula. Of course Transformers is a little different because you have a following of fans for over 20 years now.

I also say, keep up with the product placement because if it can help save production costs from big corporate sponsors, then by all means, put that saved money into something more critical like more digital rendering work from ILM.
    Last edited by darthrage; 10-23-2007 at 04:49 PM.

Last edited by cross; 12-04-2007 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cross View Post
    Not so close up when doing battle scenes, it was hard to make out a lot of the action. I liked the view when the Transformers were at the observatory at it showed them from far away, but not a view that far, just something a little distant so I can make out what's happening.
    Yea I agree 100% w/ that the action in some spots was very close. The only thing I can see is trying to shoot a CGI bot as you would a person. But, with all those parts I wish I had seen things more like the bonecrusher scene.

But, add to the fact that this is the first time that anything like this had been done and damn. This was a venture. I do wanna see more of the action, and like devastator I don't want to cut away from the action as a huge line is said. (i.e. One shall stand one shall fall)
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

i would have liked to see some wider scope shots as well, but knowing how much that sort of thing would cost, I can accept if it's not done. Some longer shots during battle scenes should be easy enough and a bit more comfortable to watch though.

Don't know if it's too appropriate to put here, but I would ABSOULTELY LOVE to see the protectorbot "Defensor" (and deceptacon equivalent "Mensor") in the next film (these were the "voltron" style transformers made from 5 vehicles/individual robots --- huge). These were by far the best toys, and knowing Mr. Bay's love for film eye-candy, seeing these things transform/merge/run around smashing stuff would make the most amazing CG scenes (or scene of any kind) ever to be witnessed, I kid you not!!!
    Last edited by br85; 10-23-2007 at 07:39 PM.

just more full body shots and longer, wider takes during action scenes.

The camera can be in movement at the same time but not frenetic

Yea, to many close ups. And they need to do some WWE moves. It would be cool to see some of them gett'n power drived, or body slamed, or droped kicked. Even some martial arts would be nice probubly from a distant shot. The good close ups of them was when they were being introduced to Sam and the female he wanted to mate with. lol. And on a closeing note wasn't some of or one of the autobots all ways cracking joks? I think it was the one with the tex'n accent? There needs to be more of that aswell.

ya, when barricade started chasin bb in their car forms, that got my blood PUMPIN!

what song was that that started playin when barricade transformed at the beginnin of that chase?

should've gone on for at least 30-60 seconds imho. i wanna see another chase scene like that in the next movie, but for longer....

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    ya, when barricade started chasin bb in their car forms, that got my blood PUMPIN!

what song was that that started playin when barricade transformed at the beginnin of that chase?

should've gone on for at least 30-60 seconds imho. i wanna see another chase scene like that in the next movie, but for longer....
    lol yeah i agree with u, by the way the song is Pretty Handsome Awkward - The Used

Oh for fuck's sake people, Michael Bay is gonna make Transformers 2 the way he wants to make it. You all know he isn't gonna have anyone tell him how to make a movie.
    Sorry if I cuss a lot. I suffer from Cyber-Tourettes Syndrome.

FUCK! ASS!

We're not telling Bay how to make the movie or what to add. We're simply saying what we would like to see to one another. As in, "It would be cool to see, such and such. I hope to see, this and that." You know, talking that doesn't go anywhere but sparks imagination between each other?

Well said Mech_1000, these are just our ideas to be taken by anyone, if they wish.

Maybe they could make it look like the beginning of Terminator 1. You know when it was all war aftermath and skulls were all over the place. They could show Desepticons flying over head looking for reabel humans and Autobots, and then show Shia at an older age commanding a small band of solders. Then something could happen, and Shia could be yelling for everyone to fall back, and then an explosion could go off, and then the camera could show Shia wakeing up from that post apocalyptic dream. I don't know?
    Last edited by moe; 10-29-2007 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Spell check

I want to see a scene where a Decepticon corners a human, and that human in one last desperate attempt, takes a wild shot at the Decepticon's face with their fist, breaking their knuckles. Then the Decepticon gives off an evil laugh, and does what a Decepticon does best ... Destroy! Destroy! (In a robot voice)