Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: New Presidental Thread

  1. #1
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,112

    Default New Presidental Thread

    Well since the other one is closed, I figured why stop the conversation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barricade 505
    All in all this thread started out as making a point that people in Chicago celebrated his election results.Then it went and turned into a debate about how terrible Obama is for the U.S. and how McCain would do better.And many would argue that Obama is the man for the job.This can go on for pages here.The votes have been made and the decision final.For the record,many here in New Mexico voted Obama.Not just a small Minority group from the military.I am no longer in the military and really never voted till now.We were told that "getting political" while serving in the military is looked down on.You follow your orders and there is no debate about what your orders are.I never voted from 18-34 yrs old. I were so ignorant about current events involving U.S. ,that when we arrived in Iraq as a soldier,I expected to be facing Taliban soldiers and finding weapons of mass destruction. I care about the soldiers well being too.To say McCain supported troops and Obama doesn't is like saying anyone who supported McCain doesnt support troops.That is wrong.Dont throw that crap at us Obama supporters.I voted Obama because McCain supported Bush 90% of the time.We all know Bush failed as president and in the planning and execution of freeing Iraq.Then he got re-elected?I wont support someone who supported a failed president.I do know that during the presidency alot of bad things happened to Americans here and abroad. N.Y. to New Orleans.Afghanistan to Iraq.Anyone thinks they are better than Obama has the right to go out and run against him.Prove that they have the answers*hint*hint.As for R-types comments pointing out our limited choices,I agree.Hopefully this presidents work during his term is good and good for all so that people reallly open thier minds to all possibilities.Even one day having more than two choices?All I know is he is president and I hope for the best in America.To argue his faults now is too late and a day or too short.All I can hope is that America gets better,rather than point out that doom is ahead.So my hopes for good for our country as a whole is my wish,not doom.So heres to the next four.If anyone should bitch about things past,we should bitch about how bush got re-elected.
    Just because the election is over, doesn't mean we should stop talking about it. Obama has a lot to prove only has his pretty pretty word to back it up. if we don't keep an eye on him, we will end up in a worst mess than we did with Bush. and when you post videos of him messing up his speeches that tells me that you hold smooth talking a top tear value.

    Now don't get me wrong, I will support him, but make no mistake, I don't care that he's black, young, a good public speaker, or how many times he throws around the word change. I didn't like McCain's campaign, but I voted for him because Obama never gave me a reason not to. All I heard was pretty words. I just hope is able to back them up.


    P.S. I don't give a sh*t what kind of dog he gets.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  2. #2
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    10,956

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    I think the last thread was closed for a reason, whatever it was.

    As for presidential talk, I will add my final two cents. I am discarding my partisanship. Obama (and McCain) talked a good talk. Right now I can't judge anything because he is not even president yet. I wanna see him walk the walk before I can make my final verdict.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Z28 Autobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,625

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    I just love how everyone takes my words out of context, reply to things I never said and I hate obama.

    I like uraydo have said our points. And it may of closed down for the reason I asked my points.

    I am glad you wnat Obama in all that voted for him. I hope he does do well for he is the President.
    But all I can do is hope. As stated in the closed thread there is nothing to go on as far as what he WILL DO.
    Last edited by Z28 Autobot; 11-12-2008 at 05:35 PM.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    I voted Obama as well. For what reasons? I will not say as I am not here to debate that. All I have to say is at this point he is to be our President and at this point it would make no difference to me who won... either man is better then Bush. Bush is and was our worst President ever. Im just glad we dont have to go through another 4 years with him leading.

  5. #5
    Senior Member barricade505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    between Iraq and a Hard place
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    I dont care about his speeches,the point about that was to laugh at the painful past and move on.I think as a president,he should be better prepared for his speeches.That is his position.Now if he were some schmuck off the street I would understand.For instance,If you take a car to get fixed,you expect the mechanic to know what he is talking about when he is explaining how he would repair your car.You expect him to know this,that is his job.The president has his.As for overall...his speeches were his first screw ups.then you go from there.
    BARRICADE enroute...

  6. #6
    Senior Member barricade505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    between Iraq and a Hard place
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    I agree with Uraydo though,we should hold him to everything he said and do this with all presidents.I think I heard that the Spartan government would hold a hearing after someone served a leadership role.That person would be responsible for their actions after serving their term.We need something like this in law.So that people dont take office,screw everyone over(make money on the backs of hard working americans),and tossing us like trash.Isnt that what the people we voted into positions did?This time?New Orleans?Iraq?Afghanistan?People died during these periods.Whose gonna take the hit for it?No one.Us....Like I said I will be more attentive to current events,so that I dont contribute by "not knowing" and voting another asshole in office.
    Last edited by barricade505; 11-12-2008 at 06:35 PM.
    BARRICADE enroute...

  7. #7
    Senior Member Z28 Autobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,625

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Not just the president Barricade. But the whole working of this newley annointed goverment. The pushers and the pullers of what it about to go down. they ALL are responsible. Dems and Republicans.
    I mean you admitted to being a little oblivious to the past few years of Washington politics and not knowing. And another saying he might be a little "young" to understand things. Homework helps on understanding the canidates..you know that as everyone should.
    All I was asking is what based your opinion on the way you voted. I have told you mine. Just curious and not on the fact that "Bush sucks" Sure he did but an informed voter is the best to make the choice. Not because it was on a bumper sticker. I mean if you like the way the guy talked thats fine. But do you know who he is? I mean did you do your homework and hear the pro's and cons of who he was. Along with McCain? Or just what was on TV. Or the history and people who got us in this mess?

    Like I said before I personally think that neither one was right for the job. McCains voting record was in favor of protecting and supporting the military. To me thats job one for any president to keep a strong union.
    And no I am not bashing Obama as heck knowing I could..but I am just looking for some insight on what you as a voter for him saw in making your choice?

  8. #8
    Senior Member barricade505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    between Iraq and a Hard place
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Who cares?About my decision?If you wanna know.I could be lured into another debate by telling you my reasons.I see this goin' on all day.You did this with my car issue.Yes,I am fresh to politics.I dont know a lot in this category and I'm sure you can dazzle us with the knowledge you have to post all day.If this thread was started to begin debates.I'm movin on.You win.
    BARRICADE enroute...

  9. #9
    Senior Member barricade505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    between Iraq and a Hard place
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    But...Obama Is still President !!
    BARRICADE enroute...

  10. #10
    Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,721

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    I closed that thread for a reason ury!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    I closed that thread for a reason ury!!
    And I opened this tread for a reason. Our nation is going to facesome hard problems, especially since we voted in a president that pretty much wants to change a lot of things. This is a topic that I think should be on every american's mind.

    I'm not trying to hate on Obama. I just want to talk about his upcoming presidency.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    And I opened this tread for a reason. Our nation is going to facesome hard problems, especially since we voted in a president that pretty much wants to change a lot of things. This is a topic that I think should be on every american's mind.

    I'm not trying to hate on Obama. I just want to talk about his upcoming presidency.
    Ya so not to be an ass but if The Great closed the last one for a REASON what gives with opening another just to continue where you left off. I mean The Great is kinda one of the guys in charge around here right? Am I missing something? Ok so why dont we all just ignore the fact that posts get locked or taken down for a reason and just make new ones cause we want to rant about something that we cant control. THE MAN IS FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS OUR PRESIDENT!! These kind of threads get people now where fast.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Z28 Autobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,625

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by barricade505 View Post
    But...Obama Is still President !!

    OK..your point? :wtf
    I love how you guys are thinking that I hate the guy or something or mad that McCain lost..its funny, and Isaddened that my pick lost? Sure...But like I said I hope he does well. I said I just did not vote for him reasons but the most important one is people I know serving over there. Thats my choice for my vote for McCain.


    The reason why I think he won by only 3%..I leave you with this..
    Think about it..sounds like many do not know why they are voting. Or who they are voting for.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU
    Two of the biggest media giants have no idea who Obama is..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAjs0vb94bc
    and last..even our own goverment has no idea..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGeu_4Ekx-o
    and then when he wins...our fair and impartial media who stumped the goverment...says this? Flip Flop much Chris??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t7NJWW-n1Y

    Those are all FACTS in video proof above on a portion of why I voted the way I did. And that is just a fraction of what made my choice. Yet all I get is the " Obama is president deal with it" BS..okay well I can tell you..I did not vote for him when our goverment does what it is doing with Bush as president..Boast all you want all I want is a why.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Z28 Autobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,625

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Ya so not to be an ass but if The Great closed the last one for a REASON what gives with opening another just to continue where you left off. I mean The Great is kinda one of the guys in charge around here right? Am I missing something? Ok so why dont we all just ignore the fact that posts get locked or taken down for a reason and just make new ones cause we want to rant about something that we cant control. THE MAN IS FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS OUR PRESIDENT!! These kind of threads get people now where fast.
    Your right Shadow. I think he like myself are just looking for reasons why they voted the way they did. Just funny that I get stonewalled into the "I hate obama" when all I am asking is why we voted the way we did.

    Yes he is going to be president on Jan 20th..thats fine..how many knew that his Aunt was an ILLEGAL ALIEN living in Boston in goverment subsidized housing I am paying for she was working at a goverment job. He speaks highly of her yet did not know she was alive??
    How bout the fact that he plagerized a speach from Gov. Patrick Duval and when found out Obama back tracked and said he was a good friend and followed many of the same paths and roads that Duval has traveled down for the commonwealth of MA. That many of the ideas they share and think will work in this country. Obama and Duval are good friends..Well living in MA. I can tell you you guys are ALL in for a nice big surprise if Obama does 1/2 of what Duval has done. It is not a good thing. MA. is a democratic controlled state much like the country is now. And its not good. here is just one thing about the possible ideas that they share that someone brought up..
    From one Massachusetts resident to another: You must be a democrat that had to suffer through Mitt's Governorship, thank God you now have Barack's best friend Duval Patrick. Our new Govenor bought 2 new Cadillacs on day one, hired a personal assistant for his wife (on the Commonwealth) and spent $12,000 on new curtains for the Govenors office, his budget is 8 MILLION DOLLARS higher than Mitt's was in his last year in office! By the way, remember this? "Boston Business Journal-Tuesday, December 31, 2002". "Mitt Romney, who will be sworn in as governor of Massachusetts on Thursday, and his lieutenant governor will not take salaries while in office. Romney is passing up $135,000 a year, while incoming Lt. Gov. Kerry Healey is giving up $120,000. "We face huge challenges in the coming year that require sacrifices of us all,'' Romney said in the release." Before you say that he did it because he had the money, consider that my kid's school, along with most in the state are asking parents to bring in supplies such as soap and toilet paper! How many rolls of toilet paper could Duval have purchased had he kept the old curtains?
    In a time of economic crisis and ideas shared by two good friends..Is this what we are looking at when Obama gets in office???Thats is why I voted the way I did..need I go on? Since no one wants to play the "game" as it was put..I am stating facts..all I ask for is one back on your support of your vote you chose...:deadhorse1:

  15. #15
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    10,956

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    :deadhorse1:

    Wow! This thread is becoming just like the last one! Bravo! Lets completely disregard the Great's closing of the thread and just simply continue the debating and arguing over an election that has already ended! Then this thread will be closed and it will all just start over again! We are so awesome. *sarcastically applauds*


  16. #16
    Senior Member Z28 Autobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,625

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    not talking about the election..but thanks for trying to sidetrack it again..Again I say..I hope he does good..but I give you facts even right on video to back up my reason why I voted the other way..and his track record..or lack there of. possible look forward to the way he will run our country from the way a good freind of his is running MA.....pretty straight forward...

    and the youtube vids i posted..that I would figure no one watched but hey if you have time I find very disturbing about the state of our country..and again all fact based.
    Last edited by Z28 Autobot; 11-13-2008 at 09:05 PM.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot View Post
    Your right Shadow. I think he like myself are just looking for reasons why they voted the way they did. Just funny that I get stonewalled into the "I hate obama" when all I am asking is why we voted the way we did.

    Yes he is going to be president on Jan 20th..thats fine..how many knew that his Aunt was an ILLEGAL ALIEN living in Boston in goverment subsidized housing I am paying for she was working at a goverment job. He speaks highly of her yet did not know she was alive??
    How bout the fact that he plagerized a speach from Gov. Patrick Duval and when found out Obama back tracked and said he was a good friend and followed many of the same paths and roads that Duval has traveled down for the commonwealth of MA. That many of the ideas they share and think will work in this country. Obama and Duval are good friends..Well living in MA. I can tell you you guys are ALL in for a nice big surprise if Obama does 1/2 of what Duval has done. It is not a good thing. MA. is a democratic controlled state much like the country is now. And its not good. here is just one thing about the possible ideas that they share that someone brought up..
    In a time of economic crisis and ideas shared by two good friends..Is this what we are looking at when Obama gets in office???Thats is why I voted the way I did..need I go on? Since no one wants to play the "game" as it was put..I am stating facts..all I ask for is one back on your support of your vote you chose...:deadhorse1:
    im not saying anything bad about you or stonewalling you one bit. What i said had nothing to do with you. I respect the fact that you guys voted differently then myself or Barricade. Im not knocking you guys on that. All i was saying is its not cool how this thread was opened to move the last closed thread along. The Great closed it for a reason!!! So what i was saying is why disrespect the guy and open another? That to me is like saying fuck you to The Great? If this was on my site and someone went and put up another thread just because he wanted to continue bitching about something that is out of his control I would have kicked him from my site. Now Im not saying this because I want anyone kicked off of here or banned. That was just me venting about how stupid this has gotten and I personaly would have kicked someone off my site.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    :deadhorse1:

    Wow! This thread is becoming just like the last one! Bravo! Lets completely disregard the Great's closing of the thread and just simply continue the debating and arguing over an election that has already ended! Then this thread will be closed and it will all just start over again! We are so awesome. *sarcastically applauds*

    And now you see why I asked you to keep an eye on the thread you posted over on mine and Shade's site? lol
    Last edited by Shadow; 11-13-2008 at 09:00 PM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    10,956

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    And now you see why I asked you to keep an eye on the thread you posted over on mine and Shade's site? lol
    LOL They have behaved well on that site. In fact, there was barely any activity in that thread.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Z28 Autobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,625

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    im not saying anything bad about you or stonewalling you one bit. What i said had nothing to do with you. I respect the fact that you guys voted differently then myself or Barricade. Im not knocking you guys on that. All i was saying is its not cool how this thread was opened to move the last closed thread along. The Great closed it for a reason!!! So what i was saying is why disrespect the guy and open another? That to me is like saying fuck you to The Great? If this was on my site and someone went and put up another thread just because he wanted to continue bitching about something that is out of his control I would have kicked him from my site. Now Im not saying this because I want anyone kicked off of here or banned. That was just me venting about how stupid this has gotten and I personaly would have kicked someone off my site.

    And now you see why I asked you to keep an eye on the thread you posted over on mine and Shade's site? lol
    Not directed at you man And didn't mean you..

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot View Post
    Not directed at you man And didn't mean you..
    not a problem

  21. #21
    Senior Member megatron42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    some where on earth
    Posts
    6,873

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Ya so not to be an ass but if The Great closed the last one for a REASON what gives with opening another just to continue where you left off. I mean The Great is kinda one of the guys in charge around here right? Am I missing something? Ok so why dont we all just ignore the fact that posts get locked or taken down for a reason and just make new ones cause we want to rant about something that we cant control. THE MAN IS FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS OUR PRESIDENT!! These kind of threads get people now where fast.
    i have to agree with ya on this one bro... he had his reason
    and we may never know why he closed the other thread
    obama is the president so deal with it
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

  22. #22
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Ya so not to be an ass but if The Great closed the last one for a REASON what gives with opening another just to continue where you left off. I mean The Great is kinda one of the guys in charge around here right? Am I missing something? Ok so why dont we all just ignore the fact that posts get locked or taken down for a reason and just make new ones cause we want to rant about something that we cant control. THE MAN IS FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS OUR PRESIDENT!! These kind of threads get people now where fast.

    1. I felt the last thread was locked because it got off topic, this thread has a new topic.

    2. I made a choice and posted a thread. if that choice was wrong, I will gladly accept the punishment. Hell, I don't even really care if I get banned. What I post is a reflection of me. If that reflection is wrong for this forum, I will gladly hit the road.

    3. No one is forcing you post here. In fact there are a lot of threads on this board I don't post in because I don't care for the subject. If you don't want to talk about the next president of the United states, then don't.

    4. I hope that you are not in the majority in thinking these conversations are pointless, because if they are, This country is totally f*cked.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  23. #23
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    :deadhorse1:

    Wow! This thread is becoming just like the last one! Bravo! Lets completely disregard the Great's closing of the thread and just simply continue the debating and arguing over an election that has already ended! Then this thread will be closed and it will all just start over again! We are so awesome. *sarcastically applauds*

    I have no intention of arguing over the election. Obama won. Period. Now what?
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This dust ball called Earth!
    Posts
    5,215

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    1. I felt the last thread was locked because it got off topic, this thread has a new topic.

    2. I made a choice and posted a thread. if that choice was wrong, I will gladly accept the punishment. Hell, I don't even really care if I get banned. What I post is a reflection of me. If that reflection is wrong for this forum, I will gladly hit the road.

    3. No one is forcing you post here. In fact there are a lot of threads on this board I don't post in because I don't care for the subject. If you don't want to talk about the next president of the United states, then don't.

    4. I hope that you are not in the majority in thinking these conversations are pointless, because if they are, This country is totally f*cked.
    i never said they were pointless. And like i said im not bashing anyone for their reason on anything. This really hasnt been a conversation... its been one person bashing someone elses reasons for why they voted for who they did. And the fact that some want to get on here and bash a guy(Our President) and he hasnt even been given a chance yet. But the fact i was getting at is The Great closed the last one and we may not know the exact reason but it was still closed... so why go and re-open it again?

  25. #25
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Re: New Presidental Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    i never said they were pointless. And like i said im not bashing anyone for their reason on anything. This really hasnt been a conversation... its been one person bashing someone elses reasons for why they voted for who they did. And the fact that some want to get on here and bash a guy(Our President) and he hasnt even been given a chance yet. But the fact i was getting at is The Great closed the last one and we may not know the exact reason but it was still closed... so why go and re-open it again?
    I have never been so scared for the future of my country... my future, and I want to talk about it.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •