Thread: The "Derail the thread" Game

Talking The "Derail the thread" Game

When I look up info on Wikipedia I find myself clicking on random links to different articles until I found myself in an article that has absolutely nothing to do with the original one I was looking at. So I figured, if that happens to someone on Wikipedia, then it can darn well happen on an internet forum as well!

Okay, the whole point of this game is to change the subject as much as possible. However, to change the subject, you need an appropriate and smooth transition from the previous post. Each post has to somewhat relate to the previous one but not the one before that.

Okay I will start:

So last Friday we had our pep rally. Yeeeeah, I hate pep rallies. Those poor freshmen being tormented by the seniors. Were pep rallies similar at your school?

Banned

Default Re: The "Derail the thread" Game

Wow... popular thread:lol

Hate pep rallies, should ban 'em. In fact hated college, professors, and so on.
    College was cool for tripping lsd. Awesome.

Is that derailing a thread???

LSD, what does that stand for again? Lucy and the Sky of Diamonds?

Diamonds are pretty cool. Did you know that diamonds and coal are the same element carbon? I love chemistry!

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    LSD, what does that stand for again? Lucy and the Sky of Diamonds?

Diamonds are pretty cool. Did you know that diamonds and coal are the same element carbon? I love chemistry!
    I don't like when you just use the last word or subject of the last thing you say in order to derail a thread. You can't really call that a smooth transition if it's so obvious. There should be some form of subterfuge involved. I don't if i used the right word. Everytime I use the word subterfuge i think of nuclear missiles. Which could basically derail a whole fucking country or put it on track i guess give it more power and credibility the mere threat has gave iran huge amounts of power and leverage. All the U.s can do is basically shout empty threats at them. Crazy what this war is doing don't you think?

Crazy? You know what is crazy? How does one derail a derail thread? By putting it back on the rails, perhaps?

*crickets*

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    I don't like when you just use the last word or subject of the last thing you say in order to derail a thread. You can't really call that a smooth transition if it's so obvious. There should be some form of subterfuge involved. I don't if i used the right word. Everytime I use the word subterfuge i think of nuclear missiles. Which could basically derail a whole fucking country or put it on track i guess give it more power and credibility the mere threat has gave iran huge amounts of power and leverage. All the U.s can do is basically shout empty threats at them. Crazy what this war is doing don't you think?
    America uses it's power for good, and hope.
    Iran has no power, no leverage. Ahmadinejad is a psychopath. Isreal will deal with Iran way before they get nuclear missiles.
    That is dangerous tho, it would derail the entire Middle East region.

Derailed like the Yankees awful season on Sunday.

Joe Girardi IS AN IDIOT.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    America uses it's power for good, and hope.
    Iran has no power, no leverage. Ahmadinejad is a psychopath. Isreal will deal with Iran way before they get nuclear missiles.
    That is dangerous tho, it would derail the entire Middle East region.

Derailed like the Yankees awful season on Sunday.

Joe Girardi IS AN IDIOT.
    call the dumb fuck who fired joe torre an idiot not this guy. look at the dogers now. Giardi is a lame duck he has no power in the organization so of course they will fail. what do you expect him to be bill bellicheck of baseball give me a break. it's hard to come into some thing that big and hit the ground running. it's like cutting a dogs legs off and then asking him to fetch. what kind of sadistic person would do that? actually why would i even say something like that.

My boy tells me all the time something is wrong with me. However to this day i say the things i come up with just liven up the conversations lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreat
    it's hard to come into some thing that big and hit the ground running.

You can't derail this thread even if you tried.

Not while Casey F**king Ryback is in this thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post

You can't derail this thread even if you tried.

Not while Casey F**king Ryback is in this thread!!

What kind of freaking punch is that lmao.

The city of Savannah has a Great Punch..it's called Chatham Artilery Punch.

The Chatham Artillery is the oldest military organization in Georgia. Regimental functions were always a hit when this rather stout punch was served.
    2 cups sweet red wine
    2 cups strong tea
    2/3 cup rum
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup rye whiskey
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1/3 cup gin
    1/3 cup brandy
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    1 bottle dry champagne

Mix all ingredients except champagne. Cover and Refrigerate for several days. Stir in champagne just before serving.