Poll: Should Frank Welker voice Soundwave in Movie 2?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Frank Welker Voice Soundwave in Movie 2?

Cool Random

Quote Originally Posted by megatron42 View Post
    Dude... completely random but I cracked up laughing at that. So ingenious... and so much more hilarious if you happen to be listening to Panic at the Disco's "I Write Sins Not Tragedies". It's one of those few moments in life that catch you off guard. LoL. Nice.

Anywho, I say go for it. Frank would be cool and ironic. That would be so awesome. But I can go for someone else too... really I have no preference.

I think some should just let the fact about Megatron as a handgun and Soundwave as a boombox go. It's great to do in G1 and completely original, but not a good idea for the movie. A movie is supposed to be realistic and the handgun transforming into Megatron defies the laws of physics.

KT

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    Ironically, these kind of comments usually come from geeks with their own self-loathing issues.

Let me clarify something here: I never wanted Soundwave as a boombox. I never wanted Megatron as a handgun. The only so-called "G1" element I've ever been insistent on was Frank Welker, but even that's enough to earn me the status of "militant geewunner."

I also can't help but notice how the majority of supporters for Hugo's Megatron often resort to patronizing remarks and flame-baiting after only one post. I'm sorry to see Omar didn't buck this trend.
    I was not trying to buck a trend or anything of the sort. I was stating my opinion and answered with one of the answers you provided. Take "Don't care" off the poll if you don't like people picking it because it somehow offends you. I didn't call you a G1er or anything of the sort man. IF you are gonna get upset about someone's opinion on the voice of a character then that's on you.

Default Frank Welker supporter.

Anyway Frank Welker can be apart of this movie would be great. I wish he could step in and do Megatron cause he was the original and is identifiable with those characters as Peter Cullen was with Prime. Gotta have Frank Welker. he voiced my favorite characters on the original cartoon and I would love to hear him on the big screen.
    Last edited by mrvideoguy; 10-29-2007 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Made an factual error.

little too late hugo weaving is megatron
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Post soundwave

Michael winslow,

Also hope this enlightens people, soundwaves voice can be easily replicated and sound near perfect or exactly the same as in the animated seriers. I used to have a program that would enable that, it was orange vocoder. I since then lost it,

i saw the second where he gets sloshed.. and pukes

Default Frank Welker should voice Soundwave

In my opinion, Frank Welker should definetly voice Soundwave. The man is Soundwave as far as i'm concerned. Have you ever heard any of the imitation Soundwave voices in various TV shows and youtube videos? They suck! The only way to do Soundwave justice is to engage the services of Mr. Frank Welker. Period.

Welker did great for the cartoon, but Hugo's voice is much better for the movie. I liked the comparison Mr. Bay made in his bonus disc using Frank Welker's voice and Hugo's voice for the scene. If you ignore the fact the words dont fit the mouth movements, the cartoon megatron didn't seem to fit the roll.

I fully support Frank Welker for the up comming animated series though.

corey burton is megatron in the new animated series

If Soundwave should have the same voice i see NO reson why Frank should not get the part

Hello everyone,
    If you, like me, believe Frank Welker should voice Soundwave (and perhaps Megatron or Galvatron) and you have myspace, feel free to join my "Get fRank Welker into Transformers 2" group on Myspace, link as follows:

http://groups.myspace.com/getfrankwelkerintransformers2

Cheers

hugo is megatron

Quote Originally Posted by megatron42 View Post
    hugo is megatron
    *bows* Yes, he is.

*claps*

I went with the majority: if the role is right for him.

I do enjoy Hugo as Megs though. *ducks and dodges flying food and drinks*

Seriously, I thought it was very well done. Welker seems to have aged a bit and the smoking has taken a toll on his voice.

But for Soundwave, I'm sure he'd fit in.

I suppose one criticism that could be levelled at Frank Welker's version of Megs was that there were multiple incarnations of Megatron throughout the years, from G1 to Beast Wars to Robots in Disguise. Peter Cullen's Optimus is considered iconic; Frank's Megatron, not so much.

However, to date there's only been one Soundwave, and no other variation. I wouldn't care how much Michael altered the voice in post-production, just as long as Frank was at the heart of the character.

Frank's participation in the new franchise really does mean a lot to many of the fans out there.

Honestly I have always felt Frank Welkers voice done up with some good audio processing (not to heavy mind you) would still be perfect and sound extremely sinister.

Considering Megs has a giant hole in his chest it is the perfect reason to go with Welker in this situation as the original voice done up with some real deep base similar to the hugo version should sound amazing.

You can definitely get welkers voice to sound bad ass and definitely make him sound more megs at the same time. The raspy voice and painful delivery would be perfect for megs in his current state and im sure it would cost a hell of a lot less than Hugo weaving which means more ILM shots

Hell if us fans were right about peter cullen over liam niesen then why the hell not Welker.