Thread: TF Beat & Trax Character names ? & the sequel's filming process with names

Default TF Beat & Trax Character names ? & the sequel's filming process with names

I was just remembering how in the 1st Michael Bay Transformers Movie, that the characters are often not refered to by name - especially most of the Decepticons.

I was wondering if this means that as with the 1st Movie the names are either still up in the air or secret ?

And if they refer to the characters during filming by their robot names (Other than the obvious ones like Bumblebee/Optimus/Ironhide etc).

For example the Chevy Beat & Tracks, and the Corvette Stingray Characters.

I have not heard a peep as to what the names might be for the Beat & Tracks cars... and "Stinger" could either be character name for the Corvette or just the nick name for the car mode.

I personally like the name Stinger a lot and I hope they keep it - it remindes me of how Bumblebee's name suits him due to him being possessed of a Robot mode that looks like an Insect and sporting the colors Car fans historically call the "Bumblebee" color scheme.

I think Stinger is the same it suits the character as it refers to the car mode, but also to those big ol' spikes it has on the robot's arms.

The tiny image seen of the Audi makes it hard to tell if it is Barricade with a backwards Transformation and new car mode - but it's certainly possible it's him - so no new name needed there... he's still a barrier to the Autobots even his name no longer directly mentions the Police connection any longer.

So I guess the question is are there any Mini-bot or other small Transformers names that might suit the Trax & Beat cars ??

Barricade & Blackout shows the name does not have to be a direct corolation.. and a new name is possible.

But trawling for Ol' names is quite fun too.
    Seeing if there's one for the Trax that brings out the references to color, or features, it's a 4 wheel drive Hybrid isn't it with electrically driven back wheels ?

So names that reference off road driving or electricity may be good ones to ponder on.

I might ponder the usefulness of Overrun for the Trax for example.
    Just to get the ball rolling.

The beat is a little tricker I'd ponder about the Tuner deco he has though and li'll look for streety sounding ol' names to amuse myself.

[I'm using old g1 names in my thoughts obviously for legal reasons and posting policies].

Default Re: TF Beat & Trax Character names ? & the sequel's filming process with names

Quote Originally Posted by This is getting expensive View Post
    I was just remembering how in the 1st Michael Bay Transformers Movie, that the characters are often not refered to by name - especially most of the Decepticons.
    Actualy all the decepticon names were mentioned in the movie....
    REmember this scene?:

-"This is Starscream: All decepticons, mobilize.."
    -"Barricade en-route"
    -"Devastator reporting...."
    -"Bonecrusher rolling...
    -"blackout incoming"

Default Re: TF Beat & Trax Character names ? & the sequel's filming process with names

I was refering to the dialogue scenes - remember how Sam calls Barricade "That cop" or a Monster. bu the mentions the Autobots by name more than once.

It's deliberately written that way.

As the names were finalised so late in the process.... just look at Brawl. he was even called Demolishor at one stage, then Devastator, then Brawl, then Devsastator (in the subtitles at least).

I said jokingly that The Beat and Trax should be Cliffjumper and Brawn - some seem to think that is not actually a bad idea though.

I suppose that would depend on the personanilites the characters have - it's just a shame it's not a Green Trax and a red Beat really.

Then it might have been a pretty good fit.

Banned

Cliffjumper and Brawn would be cool for the Trax and Beat but I still feel they are Sunstreaker(Trax) and Sidswipe(Beat) As for the Corvette... i feel it Hotrod and the reason they call it Stinger at this point is because the Vett is the new Stingray. There have been pics released showing the Corvette Stingray logo on the hood of the car.

Yeah I realise why they are calling it Stinger because it's a "Stingray" I just happen to think the name suits him because of the car mode and because of the spikes his got. I actually hope that he keeps the name - I fell like barricade (sort of) is he could be a very successful new character that people might really like.

I think i'd prefer that Sunstreaker and Sideswipe were given more impressive car modes [even if that was in a later movie] - heck they have a deal with Saleen they could be a Saleen S-7 and a Saleen s5s 'Raptor'.

[go 'Google' image search them]

I understand why people would say Sunstreaker and Sideswipe due to the talk of 'Brothers' and 'Twins' associated with them and the Ice Cream truck as well.

But I just am sceptical that such wimpy modes would suit the characters Sideswipe is a tough martial artist and agile warrior, and Sunstreaker thinks he's beautiful and super-fast. That does not seem to really apply to the beat and Trax alt modes to my view.

But look at those Saleens "You with me now" ?

Banned

Yeah I realise why they are calling it Stinger because it's a "Stingray" I just happen to think the name suits him because of the car mode and because of the spikes his got. I actually hope that he keeps the name - I fell like barricade (sort of) is he could be a very successful new character that people might really like.

I think i'd prefer that Sunstreaker and Sideswipe were given more impressive car modes [even if that was in a later movie] - heck they have a deal with Saleen they could be a Saleen S-7 and a Saleen s5s 'Raptor'.

[go 'Google' image search them]

I understand why people would say Sunstreaker and Sideswipe due to the talk of 'Brothers' and 'Twins' associated with them and the Ice Cream truck as well.

But I just am sceptical that such wimpy modes would suit the characters Sideswipe is a tough martial artist and agile warrior, and Sunstreaker thinks he's beautiful and super-fast. That does not seem to really apply to the beat and Trax alt modes to my view.

But look at those Saleens "You with me now" ?
    i never said i didnt agree and ya they are bad ass... its just everyone sems to think that all the Car bots have to be cool looking. THink about this in G-1 BB was a V.W and at first most people were pissed when they found out Bay was not going with the V.W as the Comaro wasnt BB's g-1ness in all its glory. Then everyone for the most part fell in love with it as they did with the newer styed cars for Ratchet and Ironhide as those two would have not looked good as the older van types. But Sunstreaker and Sideswipe did have cool car modes in g-1 and so everyone seems to think that they would come in as is. Remembere if the Beat and Trax are them... one its the best Bay could come up with that GM gave him to pick from of the new concept cars and two, if them they dont have to have the same personality traits as they did in g-1. Most of this movie is ment to be about update, change and newness. Not to mention being one big car ad for GM. LOL

It's a number of factors.

For example the Beat and Traxs are quite small so they seem suited to mini-bot type characters if anyones looking to homage anything G1.

I remember Michael saying that he regreted Jazz getting such as small car mode and therefore ending up a little smaller than he'd have liked - I'd guess that he'd have prefered Jazz and Bumblebee to be the same sort of size.

I think that likewise Sideswipe and Sunstreaker 'to me' conjour up certain ideas, like "speed" for example and cute though they are - and suited to Transformers as they are they are not fast.

If one was using the VOLT then perhaps at a Stretch it might have been a tolerable alt mode for Sideswipe.

What I was looking for though is a pair of similar cars - that are from the same family - are not identical but look like they are related... so intially they were 2 Lamborghinis Countach in the 80's then there was the OTCC pair that were again Lamborghinis this time Diablos and if done now and they were still Lambo's Id say they could be one Mercialargo and one Giardo (sorry if that's spelt wrong).

But Then I got to thinking that what with the Movie production already having connections to Saleen - and with the S-7 being basically a road going racing car and then them having that nice little S5S concept.

What with them already using concepts as an established idea for alt modes -One can hopefully see why I think Sideswipe and Sunstreaker work very well as a pair of slightly different model Saleens.

As I said Despite the twin element the Traxs and Beat seem a little to slow and a little to small for "Autobot Warriors" they look more like scout or recon types.

If one wanted to suggest another pair of small Brothers there's always Twin Twist and Top Spin I suppose.

But like Sunstreaker Twin Twist is such a Bada$$ he borders on being evil.
    They never got Earth modes though so there's not much to complain about that though - and in a flash back they could be shown with vehicle modes similar to their original ones...

Just another option anyway. Or there's Cloudraker and Fastlane, or Raindance and Grandslam (Slamdance)... hmmm now that Might work ???

I'll see if I can think of some more...

Banned

It's a number of factors.

For example the Beat and Traxs are quite small so they seem suited to mini-bot type characters if anyones looking to homage anything G1.

I remember Michael saying that he regreted Jazz getting such as small car mode and therefore ending up a little smaller than he'd have liked - I'd guess that he'd have prefered Jazz and Bumblebee to be the same sort of size.

I think that likewise Sideswipe and Sunstreaker 'to me' conjour up certain ideas, like "speed" for example and cute though they are - and suited to Transformers as they are they are not fast.

If one was using the VOLT then perhaps at a Stretch it might have been a tolerable alt mode for Sideswipe.

What I was looking for though is a pair of similar cars - that are from the same family - are not identical but look like they are related... so intially they were 2 Lamborghinis Countach in the 80's then there was the OTCC pair that were again Lamborghinis this time Diablos and if done now and they were still Lambo's Id say they could be one Mercialargo and one Giardo (sorry if that's spelt wrong).

But Then I got to thinking that what with the Movie production already having connections to Saleen - and with the S-7 being basically a road going racing car and then them having that nice little S5S concept.

What with them already using concepts as an established idea for alt modes -One can hopefully see why I think Sideswipe and Sunstreaker work very well as a pair of slightly different model Saleens.

As I said Despite the twin element the Traxs and Beat seem a little to slow and a little to small for "Autobot Warriors" they look more like scout or recon types.

If one wanted to suggest another pair of small Brothers there's always Twin Twist and Top Spin I suppose.

But like Sunstreaker Twin Twist is such a Bada$$ he borders on being evil.
    They never got Earth modes though so there's not much to complain about that though - and in a flash back they could be shown with vehicle modes similar to their original ones...

Just another option anyway. Or there's Cloudraker and Fastlane, or Raindance and Grandslam (Slamdance)... hmmm now that Might work ???

I'll see if I can think of some more...
    as for all the brother concepts the trax and beat could be... i see your point. im just saying as of now i think everyone thinks these two are sunstreaker and sideswipe and i do agree that i think these two cars just might be a little small to be warrior typs but hey what do we know right. i guess in the heart of the situation scout, warrior or anything else... war is war and in war everyone becomes a warrior/solider.
    Last edited by Shadow; 09-19-2008 at 12:03 AM.

I was refering to the dialogue scenes - remember how Sam calls Barricade "That cop" or a Monster. bu the mentions the Autobots by name more than once.

It's deliberately written that way.

As the names were finalised so late in the process.... just look at Brawl. he was even called Demolishor at one stage, then Devastator, then Brawl, then Devsastator (in the subtitles at least).
    because Sam didnt know what the hell it was in the first place so he called it "that monster". You cant just expect a human being to just know someones name. Example: if i saw a stranger walking in the street, i cant just all of a sudden know his name.

And for the autobots, well.... thay bloody introduced themselves to him! thats why Sam knows that they're called the autobots! Therefore, he mentions them several times in the movie.

If you saw any names, they're placeholder names. I don't remember a single transformer or autobot named Stinger or Stingray.

When I first saw it, I always thought that Stinger was the nickname for the Porsche Cayenne with the Camera Crane mounted on it. And I wasn't the only one who has heard of this.

Corvette should either be Tracks or Silverstreak or Wheeljack.
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
    If you saw any names, they're placeholder names. I don't remember a single transformer or autobot named Stinger or Stingray.

When I first saw it, I always thought that Stinger was the nickname for the Porsche Cayenne with the Camera Crane mounted on it. And I wasn't the only one who has heard of this.

Corvette should either be Tracks or Silverstreak or Wheeljack.
    in that so called call sheet that got leaked a while back the vett was called stinger. Now i dont know how much truth there was to that call sheet but there had to be something in it that was not ment to be seen cause it was taken down by request of paramount/hasbro. and in the call sheet they just called the camera porsche... porsche as some people even confused it for a TF.