Thread: First Time Watching "Transformers"

Talking First Time Watching "Transformers"

I know, I know, I should be whipped. I thought the movie was going to be crazy, unentertaining, and not worth the ticket price. Boy, was I wrong. I loved the movie so much I watched it twice in one night, back to back..... I couldnt believe it the first time........ I couldn't believe how realistic and believable it was........

"Please Do Metal Gear""

I think the new star trek movie would have been much cooler, being produced by Michael Bay than jj abram

Default Re: First Time Watching "Transformers"

the new Star Trek is being DIRECTED by JJ, not just produced so you know, but i know what you mean.

I was VERY pleased to find out that TF was better <MUCH better> on the small screen, as the geography of the action scenes seemed much more comprehensible. This came as a shock as Bay's films are usually <to me> the best on the big screen.

Welcome to the forums!
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

Yeah welcome dude glad you liked the movie.

Welcome and don't you dare miss out TF 2 when it hit theater June 26, 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

*GASP!* NOO!! haha wow...never under estimates Micheal's imagination. I guarantee you the second one is going to be even better!!!
    (o_O)

Quote Originally Posted by imil101 View Post
    I think the new star trek movie would have been much cooler, being produced by Michael Bay than jj abram
    I hope (for you) you're not being serious about that.

oh and " I couldn't believe how realistic and believable it was........" is very funny too :lol

this is what I must say about the movie....It drags u into it....and makes u feel like ur right inside this huge war......its stunning and beautiful.....and it also makes u wanna cry sometimes...if a movie scares u....makes U laugh, cry, mad and every emoution in one...then its really good.....but it all depends on ur tastes
    Sam Witwicky: I bought a car - turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Ironhide: You feeliní lucky, punk?
    [pointing his guns at Sam]
    Optimus Prime: Easy, Ironhide.
    Ironhide: [stops pointing his guns at Sam] Just kidding. Just wanted to show him my cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by imil101 View Post
    I dunno, I enjoy Abrams stuff, he seems right for Trek to me.

But I can't think of anyone who coulda worked TF's like Bay did.

I also saw the film twice with a very good friend of mine(and fellow Transfomer fan). Like most I was a bit unsure about this movie but I was willing to keep an open mind. I 'm glad I did. I can't wait for TF2. I wonder if Mr Bay is getting as much B.S this time around (Damn you Michael Bay, You killed my childhood,etc,etc....). I certainly hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    I also saw the film twice with a very good friend of mine(and fellow Transfomer fan). Like most I was a bit unsure about this movie but I was willing to keep an open mind. I 'm glad I did. I can't wait for TF2. I wonder if Mr Bay is getting as much B.S this time around (Damn you Michael Bay, You killed my childhood,etc,etc....). I certainly hope not.
    Wouldn't think so, I think half the fandom had seizures, a third realised they were being dumb and the other third just realised that movie tF's are not the same as their cartoons and so they can love both.

EDIT: Though I still think bumblebee smack that VW was harsh lol.
    Last edited by TerminalHamster; 09-18-2008 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Addendum

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalHamster View Post
    Wouldn't think so, I think half the fandom had seizures, a third realised they were being dumb and the other third just realised that movie tF's are not the same as their cartoons and so they can love both.

EDIT: Though I still think bumblebee smack that VW was harsh lol.
    True. But at least the VW didnt get pissed on.

the first time i watched Transformers....to tell you the truth, i had no intentions of liking the movie. I just went along with the rest of the family (my dad was actually the only one who'd seen any TF beforehand) because it was something to do. I thought the movie would be stupid...but afterwards, it was just....wow.
    http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l...ransform02.png

Starscream
    Decepticon Second in Command
    F-22 Raptor
    31 feet 2 inches
    Streak
    Autobot
    Ferrari California GT convertible (blue in color)
    18 feet 8 inches

So i hear news travels fast...
    Oh yes. At the speed of Skywarp.
    :lol

I was looking forward to the movie right when I saw the first teaser during Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I was already a Transformers Armada fan from the start (never got into Energon or Cybertron). So when I saw the teaser, I thought the movie was gonna be some martian invasion flick, but when the Transformers logo popped up, my reaction was "Bah wah wah WHAT?!!!!!" I thought it was downright silly, but when I saw Speilberg was the executive producer, I thought "maybe this will actually be cool". Had no idea who Michael Bay was at the time (you may slap me). So then I saw the trailer, then I thought "ooohhhh, now I gotta see that!" Then bought the toys and on VERY OPENING DAY, I saw the movie. Later, I walked out with a smile on my face that was literally stuck there for the rest of the night.

I was hugging my monitor ever since I heard rumours of Don Murphy working on getting TF's made in 2004...I'm still prizing my pinky's loose. :lol

I thought Bay was an awesome choice, though I was worried about shakey action. Not worried anymore
    Last edited by TerminalHamster; 09-20-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typoes