Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers script.

Banned

Default Transformers script.

Was the script for this movie ever entered online?

Default Re: Transformers script.

The only full script for the movie exist with me and the original writer's. A select few crew members have read parts, some of the leads have read full scripts - but the number is under ten. One person from Paramount, three from Dreamworks.

We have leaked several scripts, some treatmentsand various scenes that are used to mislead the internet. We have mocked up wrong schedules and call sheets with fake scenes on them. When shooting scenes we don't refer to character names and use wrong faces on the poles representing different robots that are going to be placed in - It's a lot of work but seems to have worked out because no one knows the story of the movie besides Sam going to college.

Bay

I greatly appreciate your effort to keep information under cover. So we audience will be able to enjoy a big surprise at the theaters.

Keep up the awesome job!

*sigh* down the stairs because of Skywarp's prank

Agree..I love a surprise. The anticipation is killing me! Whoooooo!
    Thundercracker
    faction: Decepticon
    height: 32'
    altmode: seeker jet F-16
    weapons: drone rockets, gun
    Aurora
    weapons: uses sonic blasts from voice, and basic gun

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    The only full script for the movie exist with me and the original writer's. A select few crew members have read parts, some of the leads have read full scripts - but the number is under ten. One person from Paramount, three from Dreamworks.

We have leaked several scripts, some treatmentsand various scenes that are used to mislead the internet. We have mocked up wrong schedules and call sheets with fake scenes on them. When shooting scenes we don't refer to character names and use wrong faces on the poles representing different robots that are going to be placed in - It's a lot of work but seems to have worked out because no one knows the story of the movie besides Sam going to college.

Bay
    Wow, sneaky.

One question, Johnny were you asking about the TF1 script? Because it sounds like here that Mr. Bay is describing the TF2 script.

I think I'm more shocked that Mr. Bay answered! I wish I could ask something that gets a response.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Quote Originally Posted by taybrian1 View Post
    I think I'm more shocked that Mr. Bay answered! I wish I could ask something that gets a response.
    I know right? It would absolutely make my day if Michael Bay answered one of my questions or quoted one of my posts and I would be like "OMFG!!!! MICHAEL BAY RESPONDED TO ME!!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":lol

Bay
    Sweet.

This doesn't really jive with what others involved with the Transformers franchise have said.

IDW Publishing, the company writing a series of comics which will tell the story leading up to Revenge of the Fallen have stated in two seperate interviews that they have the script for the film for the purposes of tieing their comics into the continuity of Revenge, and of course so they can write the comic adaptation of the movie.

Interview with Chris Ryall and Simon Furman:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17412

Interview with Chris Mowry on MTV Splash Page (MTV being own by Viacom, who also own Paramount and Dreamworks):
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/07/28...on-2009-movie/

I would certainly hope they have some reasonably accurate form of the script so they can do their work. And logically, you would think that Hasbro would have some copy of the script as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I know right? It would absolutely make my day if Michael Bay answered one of my questions or quoted one of my posts and I would be like "OMFG!!!! MICHAEL BAY RESPONDED TO ME!!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":lol
    haha for real...
    (o_O)

Banned

Bay
    I appreciate you taking some time to answer my question, but I was asking about the first movie script.

Bay

ok Bay,You always think TF fans are stupid and easily tricked.Can't you be one of them, instead of fooling them???At least you must show respect to them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yan008 View Post
    ok Bay,You always think TF fans are stupid and easily tricked.Can't you be one of them, instead of fooling them???At least you must show respect to them.
    What the heck are you talking about?
    Last edited by JohnnyBibs; 07-31-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Bay doesn't think TF fans are stupid he's just keeping stuff secret.

*sigh* down the stairs because of Skywarp's prank

Whoa..easy killer. I'm pretty sure he never thought that. It's his work. Think about it. If you knew how the movie was going to be from begining to end before it comes out, why go pay $13 for a ticket and drive x amount of miles to go see it? It's really smart of him to keep it a secret. He wasn't trying to fool or say we are stupid. He's actually being nice and responding like a friend would. A close friend. I love ya Mr. Bay!!!
    Thundercracker
    weapons: drone rockets, gun
    Aurora
    weapons: uses sonic blasts from voice, and basic gun

Lay off the pipe bro...

to be honest if i knew everything about the movie i wouldn't give a toss i'd still be there front row and centre to see it as many times as i did the first and any other movie and all those people whinging about it, you should just get over it and be happy he decided to make the sequal as quick as he did he could have left us in suspense alot longer than he did. You could list of the names of all the transformers but just because you see a few cars around don't mean you know who will be who (except for returning transformers).So I say sit back go with the flow and wait for Mike to work his magic
    Last edited by Dark_Rodimus84; 07-31-2008 at 08:35 PM.
    Name: Darksaber
    Description: Cybertrons Greatest Warrior
    Quote: My Actions speak louder than words

Senior Member StefsChemicalRomance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Rodimus84 View Post
    to be honest if i knew everything about the movie i wouldn't give a toss i'd still be there front row and centre to see it as many times as i did the first and any other movie and all those people whinging about it, you should just get over it and be happy he decided to make the sequal as quick as he did he could have left us in suspense alot longer than he did. You could list of the names of all the transformers but just because you see a few cars around don't mean you know who will be who (except for returning transformers).So I say sit back go with the flow and wait for Mike to work his magic
    All I can say to that is..

front row sucks.. :lol

But back to the topic - Thats totally awesome! He has gone all-out to keep things under wraps! Kudos, Mr Bay!
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

Quote Originally Posted by StefsChemicalRomance View Post
    All I can say to that is..

front row sucks.. :lol

But back to the topic - Thats totally awesome! He has gone all-out to keep things under wraps! Kudos, Mr Bay!
    well look at you all back of da bus :lol

I was just saying that front row sucks to watch movies..

Row D in the middle.
    "I can change almost anything - But I can't change human nature." -Dr Manhattan/Jon Osterman

i'm more middle to back row aswell but you get the point fo what i was saying if you knew what was gonna happen ya would still see it same as if you didn't know what was happening and with filming you wont know whats happening until after cgi anyway

Hell Yeah

The best place to sit is actually 2/3 of the way back that's where all the sound mixers aim the sound at so if you sit there you get perfect balance of sounds. You should also sit slightly to the side and not directly centre so you can have the stereo effect.
    You can't spell film without ILM - Industrial Light and Magic

You know I don't actually like sitting anywhere near a speaker - the places are so loud it makes you ears hurt already - so perhaps the best balance of not getting deafend and not craning your neck would suit me.

Incidently I know a couple of bits more than Sam goes to college, and suspect more still.

The set reports about Alice and how Sam relates to Michaela in movie # 2 seem to all hold water with what's been seen.

And there's been little tip bits in the various movie magazines, and on peoples blogs, who said things they probably were not supposed to.

So with a little hunting you can find a few things out beyond Sam goes to College.

For example there's a high probability threre's an SR-71 Transformer in it.

I guess my post made its (unintended) mark if the censoring of those two IDW interviews I linked is anything to go by...