Thread: The military's role in TRANSFORMERS

Default The military's role in TRANSFORMERS

From THE ROCK through to ARMAGEDDON, Michael has included a sequence of the President delivering a patriotic speech addressing the nation (or in the case of ARMAGEDDON, the world).

But things have changed a little. in TRANSFORMERS, Michael's depiction of the U.S. Government has switched to a more "ground-level" perspective, with everyday troops like Lennox and Epps taking center stage. The President remains strictly off-screen, with the exception of one scene that deliberately pokes fun at him.

I don't know if this slight shift in thematic presentation of the U.S. has anything to do with Michael's own views on George W. Bush's presidency, but I wouldn't put it past him.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Default Re: The military's role in TRANSFORMERS

i didn't really notice that, but i do think it's better to focus on ground troops in a movie like this.

Yeah the ground troops are the real ones that make the difference.

I also applaud the fact that the Secretary of Defense has a huge involvement in the course even more than the president. In reality, this is usually the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I also applaud the fact that the Secretary of Defense has a huge involvement in the course even more than the president. In reality, this is usually the case.
    Sort of ironic, considering the Secretary is portrayed as a total twerp in similar movies like INDEPENDENCE DAY!

TF1 did good with the military's role. Most movies just show the president making orders. Bah boring...

I watched the Scorpanok sequence today and I was just amazed by all of the cool stuff the military did to kill (attempt to anyway) this thing. According to Bay in his commentary, the guys in the big plane went right to work after he told them what the situation was.