Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What 3 Transformers would you like to see in the next film and why?

Autobots:
    Sunstreaker
    Sideswipe
    Bluestreak

Decepticons:
    Soundwave
    Shockwave
    Blitzwing

But mostly the twins and Soundwave. That would be awesome.

BLITZWING should bethere

he can transform both into a tank and a jet

But Motormaster would so cool as the creepy Truck

Ask SPIELBERG how to do it

He made the truck look so sinister in "DUEL"

Jazz - Because main characters just shouldn't die :P Or at least their death should have greater meaning than a quarter second delay. Maybe if he sacrificed himself for all the rest of his allies that would have had more of a touch. But he just sorta got snagged, took a few meaningless shots, and got ripped apart.

Mirage - Love his abilities, keeping his "i dont really care attitude"

Insecticons - Think of all the chaos they can cause. The enemy isn't too strong, isn't entirely for the decepticons, but can form a strong temporary alliance. *Pictures hundreds of 3 foot bots flying into a city*

Jetfire - Autobot scientist, ex-Decepticon collaborator, and badass jet

Grimlock - Autobot warrior, ex-Decepticon gladiator, and badass tank

Springer - Autobot soldier, the only guy you want watching your back, and badass, laid-back, wise-cracking, sword-swinging triple-changer

I think the movie should have:
    Soundwave saving megatron
    Destructicons in some form, It would be the bomb digity to see multiple robots coming together to form a bigger one, but with a Michael Bay vision on it.
    Ultra Magnus to help fight against the destructicons.

I'd scrap the idea of the huge aircraft carrier as "Tidalwave"

Default New Bots for TF2

I think that Mr. Bay should touch up on the Dinobots, how could he make them work in our world? Easy!! The same way they do it in the G1 series, the autobots make them! Hypathetically speaking, if the autobots needed help with the decepticons, they could make the Dinobots with the help of sam. With Steven Spielbergs experience with Dino's, the finished product could be EPIC!! If you were Bay, you still have some options as too how you can make this real, skin textured like real dino's (Jurassic Park), or have them metal-looking, avoiding arguments over "fitting in" our world. I really liked the 1986 movie as a kid, and another one of my favorites is Blur, he could be some good comic relief, as well as a nasty ass sports car with nitrous or something. Last but not least, Skyfire. He crashes on earth, much like megatron does, while flying around with Starscream remember? He jumps back and forth from autobot to decepticon, I just thought it was a good dynamic.

Default Comibiner Team(s) for sequel and Shockwave

Quote Originally Posted by vandemort View Post
    I definitely think Soundwave should be in the sequel. Shockwave would be interesting since he was in the game....and a cannon form is pretty cool fror him.

Combiners would also be neat. If they did something like in the comic book where Optimus uses the creation matrix to give life to 5 vehicles and the Decepticons somehow tap into the power to make 5 of their own would be interesting....maybe the Stunticons and Aerialbots.

I don't think the movie is ready for Unicron, Omega Supreme, or some of the newer generation Transformers. I think they should be selections from Gen 1 or 2 cartoon.
    A TF fan after my own heart! In other threads I have made the motion to perhaps include a combiner team (ergo the Aerialbots) in the sequel. I have also made a mention to introduce Shockwave as well! It would be the the perfect introduction to TF2, as we remember Starscream escaping earth's velocity to go to outer space (perhaps he is heading for Cybertron for reinforcements). Shockwave acts as military commander of Cybertron, and would make a great addition to TF2. As for combiners, I think to really appeal to the folks that have a slight "physics" or "engineering" nature about them would really be amazed to see robots combine for "The Big Show". I think it would probably be easier to pull of an combining effort in the air (aerialbots) vs. something like Devastator or Bruticus. What may be even nicer is if the guys at Hasbro and the design group from "Uncle Michael Bay's group strategize on a "new" combining team! Combiners should definitely make an appearance in the sequel.

Talking

wheeljack, arcee, prowl, mirage, ultra magnus

unicron, galvatron, dead end, brawl, skywarp

glad jazz is gone too, couldn't stand him in the movie.

The reason I am so behind the idea of Galvatron is that it brings back Megatron as a more powerful challenge and it intros Unicron as well. And I agree I wasn't a big fan of Jazz in the movie.
    http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...Galvatron1.jpg
    "I'll crush you just as easily as Megatron crushed Prime."

Soundwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipso View Post
    The reason I am so behind the idea of Galvatron is that it brings back Megatron as a more powerful challenge and it intros Unicron as well. And I agree I wasn't a big fan of Jazz in the movie.
    And why exactly would you want to intro Unicron? He was a stupid marketing gimmick to kill off old transformers and create new ones. Aside from his awesome voice acting, Unicron was lame, and totally unfeasible for a feature film. And considering that no one has made either Megatron or Galvatron an interesting character yet, how can you have a preference? They're both power-hungry dictators with no back story or real motivation. Big woop.

You seem like a very angry person.

Well thats your opinion, one that isn't shared by the public at large.

Unicron is one of the most popular Transformers overall, he has appeared in almost every incarnation of the Transformers. And The fact that he is such and overwhelming force is what makes him impressive, he is the Transformer version of Galactus.

And allot of people found Megatron very interesting. And the next logical step is Galvatron. And they are different, when he was Megatron, he was more of a military general. When he became Galvatron he was more of a king, a ruler and if you watch the G1 Cartoons he behaved very differently after he became Galvatron.

They absolutely behaved differently, but from a story-telling POV, they were exactly the same: over-the-top, one-dimensional villains. "I want to be powerful and feared and kill good guys, mwuah ha ha!" Boring.

And I'm not angry, I just wish people would stop talking about Unicron like there is anything more to him than a big booming voice. Great story telling is two Autobots in a trench, pinned down by Decepticon fire, wondering whether it's really worth living through another thousand years of war. Good story telling is not everyone pulling together one last time to fend off yet another big strong bad guy. And I can't imagine getting one decent action sequence out of a bunch of tiny 'bots shooting at an enormous planet-guy.

But thats how all villains are.

And it would be a space battle if they fought against Unicron. It would probably be like FF2 where he is just a big threat that appears at the end and Prime does his thing with the Matrix.

Unicron is one of the most popular Transformers overall, he has appeared in almost every incarnation of the Transformers.
    Actually,
    1. He wasn't in G1
    2. He was mostly dead in G2
    3. He was not a Transformer in the Marvel comics, he was a god
    4. He made tiny cameos or was completely absent from the latter day comics
    5. He was not in Beast Wars
    6. In the Armada trilogy, he was basically a god
    7. He wasn't in Bay's movie

...still not angry

But thats how all villains are.
    So not true! A good villain has a reason for doing his thing. Batman, for example, has good villains. Mr. Freeze is obsessed with saving his wife. Killer Croc was tormented for being a freak. Clayface lost his humanity and career.

How about Darth Vader? Manipulated by his friends, lost his wife and mother.
    Commodus in Gladiator? Rejected by his father and his sister.
    Gollum in Lord of the Rings? Manipulated and abused by an evil spirit.
    Roy in Blade Runner? Forced into military service and condemned to an early death.

These villains are all complex individuals with personal histories that explain why exactly they are who they are and why they do what they do. They aren't random, power-mad maniacs. They all want specific things for understandable reasons. A good villain is a character that you can identify with, even if it's only for a second.

Well Megatrons mission was to kill Optimus and wipe out the Autobots.

Galvatron never cared much about killing any one specific Autobot or even making sure they were all wiped out. He was more about Universal domination.

OK, but why? Just because they feel like it? If so, aren't the Autobots only fighting back to survive? If so, they aren't "good", they just want to stay alive. Good vs Evil has to be about more than just labeling one giant fighting robot "good" and the other giant fighting robot "bad". For instance, IDW has a new comic miniseries coming out right now in which Megatron rises to his position after being a slave worker, so his motivation is sort of like racial revenge. That's much more interesting than "Killing is fun."

Sorry for interrupting your discussion here, but i still want to go back to the roots of this topic.

First of all i want to see Soundwave in the second movie. As all here do, i think. He was great decepticon and can be even greater in the movie with right design and story.

They must return Megatron somehow as well, because, i think, they haven't yet developed decepticons relationships enough. It would be great to see and listen to some conversations between them.

And at last a very unusual opinion. I really want to see Sky Lynx in this. I loved his character and really want them to bring him in this movie. After redesign, of course. Size and unusual appearance, i believe, are the main problems, but they can be easily solved. He may be smaller, just a little bigger than usual earth space shuttle. As for appearance... Well, there are rumors with dinobots being included in this movie, why not include him as well? Anyway, i don't care about his design (only some noticable details-homages from G1), i just want him to be there somehow with his personality. Some great and funny scenes are guaranteed. I'm already dreaming of his first appearance scene (and musical theme as well). Yeah, i I'm his personal fan, sorry...

So, here's my rather peculiar position.
    Last edited by Vortex; 10-28-2007 at 05:54 AM.
    Never Surrender Dreams (c) J. Michael Straczynsky

I hope they put Springer in.

Thumbs up agree

I agree with the concept art that is soundwave, but one small alteration, make the optic lights of his eyes horiziontal like in the cartoon, this forum is getting better with posts like that, an armored car is a top idea. the vent on the chest ejects ravage and co,

LOL Does anyone want to see Perceptor in it?

What about MIRAGE

He could turn invisible, he had doubts about the cause he was fighting for and I gues Michael Bay would just love his big shoulder Rocket Laucher (just as me)

So a great character really

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Mirage_toy.jpg
    Last edited by Kenzo; 11-04-2007 at 02:37 PM.

1. Grimlock - Without a doubt. The autobots are good guys, and thats great, but from the last movie, they need some help in the fighting department. Grimlock is supposed to be the only transformer that can rival Optimus or Megatron. The autobots need someone who can take some hits and put some hits out to help even the odds and put them in their place a bit.

2. Soundwave - You can't have Starscream without Soundwave.

3. Optimus Prime - Please for whatever Hasbro publicity or new toylines reasons, do NOT kill Optimus Prime or remove him from the movies. And please, if he fights Megatron again, let him give a little bit of damage back, he is supposed to be a pretty bad dude.

BARRICADE-------------BARRICADE---------------AN EVEN STRONGER BARRICADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH............. ..cough..cough...choke