Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "The Dark Knight" - Final verdict

Default "The Dark Knight" - Final verdict

Holy batshit! What a piece of … brilliant filmmaking. “The Dark Knight” delivers on all levels and then some. Forget about the utterly lame “Batman Begins” – THIS is the real deal. Dark, gritty and surprisingly smart, “The Dark Knight” gives most superhero adaptations a run for their money. And need I say it? The late Heath Ledger’s portrayal of the joker redefines not only the character, but Ledger as an actor. Most surprising for me was perhaps the fact that “The Dark Knight” even managed to cast its shadow over the following offering: “Wall-E”.
    Last edited by Winkeladvokat; 06-27-2008 at 04:37 AM.

Default Re: "The Dark Knight" - Final verdict

Quote Originally Posted by Winkeladvokat View Post
    Holy batshit! What a piece of … brilliant filmmaking. “The Dark Knight” delivers on all levels and then some. Forget about the utterly lame “Batman Begins” – THIS is the real deal. Dark, gritty and surprisingly smart, “The Dark Knight” gives most superhero adaptations a run for their money. And need I say it? The late Heath Ledger’s portrayal of the joker redefines not only the character, but Ledger as an actor. Most surprising for me was perhaps the fact that “The Dark Knight” even managed to cast its shadow over the following offering: “Wall-E”.
    Holy batshoes batman! I cannot wait for this movie.

Three weeks!!! YES!!!
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

My Batmobile is ready to mobilize. Can't wait ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Do View Post
    My Batmobile is ready to mobilize. Can't wait ^^
    The early buzz is that Heath will get a posthumous Oscar for this role.

I hope so. He really deserves it. After all, this role somewhat killed him.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

Holy batshoes...everyone!

New poster!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3193/...712d0267_o.jpg

Banned

I dont like the new poster at all, but I also love it..... hmmmm kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by elemental fantasy View Post
    I dont like the new poster at all, but I also love it..... hmmmm kinda cool.
    Yeah...same here.

It's different...yes...creepy at the same time...but also cool!

I'm indifferent on it as well. Is it me or have TDK poster and one-sheets been fucking awesome? By far the best posters in recent years. IMHO

17 more days!

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    I'm indifferent on it as well. Is it me or have TDK poster and one-sheets been fucking awesome? By far the best posters in recent years. IMHO

17 more days!
    No, it's not you. They've been AWESOME.

I can't wait to see TDK it looks fraggin awesome.
    Jesus respawned in 3 days.....

Now that's lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkeladvokat View Post
    I respected this post up until you talked shit about Batman Begins. Now I totally hate your guts. :lol

Quote Originally Posted by punkboy View Post
    I respected this post up until you talked shit about Batman Begins. Now I totally hate your guts. :lol
    He probably just means The Dark Knight is so awesome it makes Batman Begins look tame in comparison

Anyway, winkeladvokat, how come you get to see all movies before the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    He probably just means The Dark Knight is so awesome it makes Batman Begins look tame in comparison

Anyway, winkeladvokat, how come you get to see all movies before the rest of us?
    Yeah! I want to know that too! I thought America got all the movies first, since you know we have Hollywood here and all. LOL

I just read a review over at IGN.com and it gave TDK 5/5.

Now that's lag.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    I just read a review over at IGN.com and it gave TDK 5/5.
    Sweet. Sooo cannot wait!

And FYI, your signature should say "you're," not "your".

Fixed, thanks for noticing that.

Now that's lag.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    Fixed, thanks for noticing that.
    No problem. As an English-Communications major, it bugs me when I see misuses of that type.

And in my profession, I see them A LOT. :deadhorse1:

Michael Bay's The Dark Knight

Personally, I think Mr. Bay should cast Megan Fox as Rachel Dawes...seeing as how she's a brunette like Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhaal

Michael Bay's The Dark Knight

Personally, I think Mr. Bay should cast Megan Fox as Rachel Dawes...seeing as how she's a brunette like Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhaal
    HAHA!!!

Did you not see the thread Nelson started in the Michael Bay part of the forum?

Idiots don't even begin to describe these jackasses. :deadhorse1:

Actually...no. I was really extremely disappointed with "Batman Begins". It starts promising enough but after about half an hour steadily deteriorates, ultimately culminating in a CGI-crapfest. The story of (especially) the third act is mind-numbingly dumb, Liam Neeson and Katie Holmes probably the worst choices possible for their respective roles. Gary Oldman is utterly wasted in "Batman Begins", being relegated to the role of comic relief - of which there are way to many one way or another. "Batman Begins" is an uneven movie that repeatedly shows promise, but never really delivers. However, none of that was Nolans fault, but entirely that of a subpar script. This time around, they gave Nolan not only a proper cast (Heath Ledger, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Aaron Eckhart) but most of all a proper story to work with.

Well, not all, just a few. And the answer's simple: press. In this particular instance, "The Dark Knight" screened at CinemaExpo, the European equivalent to your ShoWest / ShowEast, alongside with "Wall-E", "Tropic Thunder", "Wanted", "Mamma Mia!", "Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D", "Pineapple Express" and "The Rocker". And by the way - the times when the US got most of the big movies first are long gone, what with global day-and-date releases. Actually, taking into account the different time zones, quite a few of the blockbusters reach German screens several hours before yours...
    Last edited by Winkeladvokat; 07-07-2008 at 09:35 AM.

damn!!!!

From the first six minutes I've seen...wow. This movie will rock the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    HAHA!!!

Did you not see the thread Nelson started in the Michael Bay part of the forum?

Idiots don't even begin to describe these jackasses. :deadhorse1:
    I checked it right now. Perhaps someone should make up a script titled "Chris Nolan's Transformers". Have Gary Oldman do the voice of Bumblebee and Liam Neeson as the voice of Megatron. And have Katie Holmes or Maggie Gyllenhaal bending underneath the hood of-- Well, you get the idea. :lol
    Last edited by punkboy; 07-07-2008 at 01:32 PM.

I checked it right now. Perhaps someone should make up a script titled "Chris Nolan's Transformers". Have Gary Oldman do the voice of Bumblebee and Liam Neeson as the voice of Megatron. And have Katie Holmes or Maggie Gyllenhaal bending underneath the hood of-- Well, you get the idea. :lol
    Oh my Gawd that is entirely tooooooo funny!!!!! :lol

Who's got the time and creativity for that?!?

Lest us not forget Christian Bale as Bumblebee and an even bigger truck to hide all of Optimus' parts.

Quote Originally Posted by halofan1 View Post
    Lest us not forget Christian Bale as Bumblebee and an even bigger truck to hide all of Optimus' parts.
    Hmm....we can go a bit further with this.

Alfred as Ratchet.

And instead of the Bat Pod...okay, I'll leave that there. :lol