Thread: Dear Mr. Bay

Angry Dear Mr. Bay

I know you must be tired of reading things like this, but, I am truley dissapointed that Tranformers will not be released on Blu-ray. I am only writing this to add my name to the millions of other blu-ray owners who will not be purchasing the film. I understand that the price tag on Paramount's HD-DVD deal was only 1 million dollars. So, whats the real reason they have sided with HD-DVD. Can't the consumer decide what format is the preferred. I thought that was what capitalism was all about. Supply and demand. Anyway, I love your films (especially Transformers) and it hurts my soul, after buying a $600 PS3, with your film in mind, that I will not be able to watch the film in it's true glory. The VFX team worked sooo hard to make every tiny detail on Optimus' body crystal clear and full of life. I am sad I will not be seeing the film the way it should be seen. Just so you know, Michael, there is an enormous demand for Transformers to be released on ALL formats.
    PS
    PARAMOUNT SUCKS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trevorjohann View Post
    I know you must be tired of reading things like this, but, I am truley dissapointed that Tranformers will not be released on Blu-ray. I am only writing this to add my name to the millions of other blu-ray owners who will not be purchasing the film. I understand that the price tag on Paramount's HD-DVD deal was only 1 million dollars. So, whats the real reason they have sided with HD-DVD. Can't the consumer decide what format is the preferred. I thought that was what capitalism was all about. Supply and demand. Anyway, I love your films (especially Transformers) and it hurts my soul, after buying a $600 PS3, with your film in mind, that I will not be able to watch the film in it's true glory. The VFX team worked sooo hard to make every tiny detail on Optimus' body crystal clear and full of life. I am sad I will not be seeing the film the way it should be seen. Just so you know, Michael, there is an enormous demand for Transformers to be released on ALL formats.
    PS
    PARAMOUNT SUCKS!!!!!!!
    Telling Paramount they "suck" won't improve your situation. It's been discussed a ton of times though so yea you aren't alone, but check out the general and other forum threads you'll find the reasons for HD and BD.

...Just outta curiosity have you met a guy with the handle bliss yet? you two should get along GREAT!
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

I love how the complaint is always "I just bought a PS3!"

Ironic that PS3 and Blu-Rays aren't selling to well.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorjohann View Post
    PS
    PARAMOUNT SUCKS!!!!!!!
    SIGH -_- ......

you know whats awesome...bubble wrap....bubble wrap will ALWAYS be awesome....i dont care who you are or how old you are...you know i'm right

Quote Originally Posted by devonnewberry View Post
    Ironic that PS3 and Blu-Rays aren't selling to well.
    Not sure where you get your 'information' but they are selling better than HD DVD despite higher prices and HDDVD having a head start of several months. HD is still a niche market, so yes, they are selling poorly compared to DVD players for example, but still better than HD DVD. Just wanted to clarify since I know the HD DVD people cherish truth and accuracy.

In all seriousness I think the BD folks are just a little tweaked that A) paramount claimed that the reason they stopped making blu-ray was because it was inferior to HD-DVD which is just silly. No one who looks at the technology (and isn't paid $150M) would even think of claiming that. Then B) when mr bay hears he flips out, as any sane filmmaker (who hasn't received his cut yet) would and the next day says 'oh never mind, HDDVD is great'

Fast forward to release date when this superior format now gets an exclusive HD release of the film and... No HD audio because HDDVD doesn't have enough room for it.

One last though, if Sony (oh yea, and the several other manufacturers who actually make blu-ray players) in stead of toshiba gave paramount $150M to stop making the format you prefer, you'd probably think they suck too, no?

Just some things to consider...

ya know--- It may be just me, but I don't see too much of a difference between HD/Blu-ray and the good-ole plain DVD---older movies might be better quality, but hell...plain 'ole regular Transformers looks great on 42" LCD--I have TOO MANY regular dvds to worry about HD or Blu-ray right now---until there is no other option but to buy HD-DVDs, bite the bullet, get the plain dvd...buy a $29 magnavox player--saw one at Wal-Mart today-- I am sure it will look good...possibly great....stranger things could happen!
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

We already have many Blu-ray threads floating around. Please keep this discussion to those.