Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers 2 is a great opportunity for car companies

Thumbs up Re: Transformers 2 is a great opportunity for car companies

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBibs View Post
    To an extant. Only main Transformering cars are going to get hit the most, if anything. I'm sure a few people will be buying a new Camaro when they come out, but not not much of other than that. I think people will only buy a few key cars.
    Johnny,
    dont bother he thinks that everything that appears in a movie is marketing...Heck I bet there is a paving company out there screaming at the TV saying WOW our road made it into the movie look how Jazz and Optimus are doing a 180 our OUR road..damn I hope after seeing that nice road we did more kids will want to become asphalt layers...
    he doesnt get it.. I gave up...heck I didn't even read or come back in here till a few people emailed me to tell me "someone else is trying to explain movie making to him."
    I took a page out of his book and not even reading his babble.
    I'm done with his ignorance to the facts placed in front of him explaining to him that what he said in his first post is not what goes on in movies or what everyone see's but I guess everyone does not have rose colored glass'. I am just responding to what you said and obviously from your response..sounds like STILL he does not get it..You do..:lol

Default Re: Transformers 2 is a great opportunity for car companies

Quote Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot View Post
    Heck I bet there is a paving company out there screaming at the TV saying WOW our road made it into the movie look how Jazz and Optimus are doing a 180 our OUR road..damn I hope after seeing that nice road we did more kids will want to become asphalt layers...
    See, now that's just plain making a mockery of the whole thing. You could've used a more reasonable and realistic example but by using a "road" as an example, there goes your credibility. I can't take you seriously. At least Johnny used a more feasible example which was a Ford vehicle.

I'm up for civil discussion but you're just joking around here.

Banned

Autobot, Deathrage............ old bickering married couple. Okay, so Deathrage said some over annualized comments and contradicted himself, give gives a flying hell? Autobot, that doesn't give you the right to act like a complete douchebag. Let it go. :deadhorse1:

Oh I am JB..in fact I again skipped over the comment he made just to read yours. So whatever.. I did drop it I just thought I would try and help the kid out and you get what you get here..a failure to communicate..sounds like a song..but anyways..

And hey call me a douchebag..I really dont care..this is not the kiddie pool with mommy holding my hand..not my fault the kid cant comprehend his own train of thought..

Banned

Oh I am JB..in fact I again skipped over the comment he made just to read yours. So whatever.. I did drop it I just thought I would try and help the kid out and you get what you get here..a failure to communicate..sounds like a song..but anyways..

And hey call me a douchebag..I really dont care..this is not the kiddie pool with mommy holding my hand..not my fault the kid cant comprehend his own train of thought..
    I didn't call you a douchebag, I said you act like a douchebag. Can't we all just agree on a solid equal term? Such as, we all want to make out with Megan Fox, yes? Sweet. Now let's up make up, and agree that we all want to make out with Megan Fox!

Haha, okay, no seriously. This argument is wortheless. Transformers is to a certain extant, a good oppurtunity for car companies. However, only for certain key cars. In the first film, I'd say that car was the '09 Camaro. It was huge advertisement for the car considering it didn't come out for another year. Other than that, I really can't see people buying other cars. If car companies want to have a boost in sale, they need to get a special car into the key line up.

In my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
    that's why I kept my responses short. I barely read anything he wrote it was information overload and giving me a headache
    Man, I was reading the whole post, then I got on the whole 'information overload boat' with you and skipped a few paragraphs.

I don't see how it could be advertisement for the car companies? I'm not going to go out and buy a tow truck just because I saw it in Transformers. :P
    I really think that all darthrage was trying to say from the begining, is that the first Transformers movie was a great way for GM to market their products which obviously worked because everyone noticed that all (kind of) the vehicles were under one roof. The second film is going to offer the same opportunity, but by the looks of it the doors have opened for other manufacturers to get on board and get the public eye on their vehicles. It's product placement. Think of the Mountain Dew vending machine at the end of the first film that transforms into a robot... do you really think Mountain Dew didn't pay for that machine to be there?

Nate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TransformNate View Post
    Man, I was reading the whole post, then I got on the whole 'information overload boat' with you and skipped a few paragraphs.

I really think that all darthrage was trying to say from the begining, is that the first Transformers movie was a great way for GM to market their products which obviously worked because everyone noticed that all (kind of) the vehicles were under one roof. The second film is going to offer the same opportunity, but by the looks of it the doors have opened for other manufacturers to get on board and get the public eye on their vehicles. It's product placement. Think of the Mountain Dew vending machine at the end of the first film that transforms into a robot... do you really think Mountain Dew didn't pay for that machine to be there?

Nate
    Yeah, that Mountain Dew machine was killer. It made me love Dew hella lot more!

Gotta love the Mad Dogg!

I believe they called that Mountain Dew Machine "Dispensor"

but the last syllable is pronounced the same way you would say Menasor. It would sound like Dis - Pens - Soor instead of Dispenser

You know what would make a great commercial?

You take the scene from Transformers where the Mountain Dew machine transforms to Dispensor and then everytime he fires a can of pop from his pop-gun, someone catches it in another shot, smiles, and drinks it.

I didn't call you a douchebag, I said you act like a douchebag. Can't we all just agree on a solid equal term? Such as, we all want to make out with Megan Fox, yes? Sweet. Now let's up make up, and agree that we all want to make out with Megan Fox!

Haha, okay, no seriously. This argument is wortheless. Transformers is to a certain extant, a good oppurtunity for car companies. However, only for certain key cars. In the first film, I'd say that car was the '09 Camaro. It was huge advertisement for the car considering it didn't come out for another year. Other than that, I really can't see people buying other cars. If car companies want to have a boost in sale, they need to get a special car into the key line up.

In my opinion of course.
    exactly..I know you know what I am talking about and you understand...and thats cool not angry or ticked or anything just kinda bewildered to the most about whats going on..and sorry but I tend to try and shed light on things even if its forceful as you point out..

.TFnate..you said it best..
    Originally Posted by TransformNate
    That is what I been trying to say all along. Just because it is in the movie does not mean it is marketing. An old VW bug in the first one is nothing but a prop..its not paid for by VW..it is not marketing..VW did not pay for the car to be there..Pepsi did with MD..In this new one Bay is trying to create a scene outside of the U.S. and in Europe..well in Europe most of the cars are small econo mini cars..well a Yaris and a Smart would be perfect fit instead of a large crown vic in the background..it is to set the scene..Toyota and Smart did not pay to be in the movie especially if it is used just to be park on a street while a Chevy Camaro flies by and Transforms..
    And like I have said from the start..are all these car companies signed onto TF2? Not to our knowledge as of yet..all we know is GM and Saleen and MAYBEEE another small car company....Those are the two companies giving Bay something to work with and use in the movie..they are credited..seeing a 97 green Taurus is not marketing by Ford..it is background..If someone thinks its going to increase sales by seeing it avoid Starscream and blow up in a wall..then I really don't know what to tell ya..background and marketing are two totally opposites..and most recognize it.. I mean that AMC in the first movie must of done well for them :lol

I wish Ford would step in with a truck, an F-150 or Explorer. Even if the marketing is a little bit it might help my dad keep from loosing his job after 15+ years of work. If he loses his job I don't know what my family is going to do to help my mom survive cancer. Her work is helping but they're starting to be assholes. Man, talk about harsh times for auto workers.

that's what i said what are we gonna see a ford in there.. that would be cool
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    I wish Ford would step in with a truck, an F-150 or Explorer. Even if the marketing is a little bit it might help my dad keep from loosing his job after 15+ years of work. If he loses his job I don't know what my family is going to do to help my mom survive cancer. Her work is helping but they're starting to be assholes. Man, talk about harsh times for auto workers.
    WOW man I know exaclty what your talking about! A guy I work with his wife's job did the same thing..and basically fired her when she was in the hospital. :wtf
    Now I am derailing this thread just for this sake of Devs family..and let me say this first..Toyota and the likes..great cars..nissan all them they have built a reputation of making great cars..BUT
    With that reputation WE are destroying the american lifestyle by purchasing foreign made products. Trusting relying and buying. Reguardless if its made here by a foreign company or overseas. In this case were talking about cars. And this impact is felt from the guy at the plant making the car all the way down to the guy at the parts counter. It effects Millions of people in cities that are forced to close plants becuase the perceived idea that U.S. cars are "crap". They earned that stigma in the 80's for being less than stellar but this is 2008, 20 years!!!. Since about 2001-2002 The built quality and reliability has grown and even surpassed many of these benchmark imports to be as good on the road. We as american people have to really think what we are buying and who it effects. Guys, buying from an American car company might help your neighbor or the millions that work in your town and you might not even know about it. And that just might help your local economy and this countries. We have to start having some pride in our home grown companies and buying thier producsts before it is to late.

Thats all I am going to say now about this and again sorry Dev. Totally sucks!

[
    With that reputation WE are destroying the american lifestyle by purchasing foreign made products. Trusting relying and buying.
    Capitalism is the survival of the fittest. American car companies are their own source of demise. They were short sighted by betting on mini vans and enormous SUVs. They bet on the mini van against the family sedan and lost. They best the Hummer against the hybrid car and lost.

It effects Millions of people in cities that are forced to close plants becuase the perceived idea that U.S. cars are "crap". They earned that stigma in the 80's for being less than stellar but this is 2008, 20 years!!!.
    Ask Hyundai, they're still reeling from the bad cars they produced in the 80s. Aside form the Jeep, most American cars have a horrible resale value, bad MPG, and not so reliable mechanism. Sure, you have Cadillacs, bt only a very few can afford them.

And that just might help your local economy and this countries. We have to start having some pride in our home grown companies and buying thier producsts before it is to late.
    '

It is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Capitalism is the survival of the fittest. American car companies are their own source of demise. They were short sighted by betting on mini vans and enormous SUVs. They bet on the mini van against the family sedan and lost. They best the Hummer against the hybrid car and lost.

It is too late.
    As they are today according to the analysts this is true... but they are also talking GM and Ford merging. But it's not just cars that are in trouble, and where ever we go, the others will follow...

Associated Press
    Jun. 27, 2008 12:00 AM

NEW YORK - A barrage of bad news, including another record high for oil, drove stocks sharply lower Thursday, hurtling the Dow Jones industrials down nearly 360 points to their lowest level in almost two years.

The market also worried about fresh signs of trouble in the financial, high-tech and automotive industries. Negative analyst comments sent shares of General Motors Corp. stock to their lowest point in more than three decades.

American car companies are their own source of demise.
    This is damn truth there. It began in the late 90's. Ten years later and now they're like :wtf

Plus there's talk of getting rid of UAW to lower production cost. The Ford plants here in Ky are about to (maybe)shutdown and with the loss of GE to Mexico that means tons of unemployed Louisville residents. What the fuck they gonna do - work at UPS? Its a huge hit to this city.

This is 2008 not 1986 Nelson. Sorry but that statement is exactly what I am getting to. That statement is exactly how Americans think..like I said 20 years ago that statement was true. Is it now? Nope.
    Betting on mini vans? Ford dropped its minivan 2 years ago..GM is also taking a smaller approach at the minivan. So that's not totally accurate. The only company that's pushing the minivan is the originator Chysler who still has the lead in that segment since starting it back in the 80's.
    SUV's Well considering the profit margin and the way they sold.. It has been a no brainer for years and really import companies could not compete. That was the only thing domestic cars companies had over them and it showed in the units sold and the number of variations grew.SUV's and trucks were the product of choice.If this "oil crisis" and I put it in quotations since its a crock of crap lie. But lets just say that the price of gas really dipped and it went to $2.00 a gallon. Who do you think would be winning out? But that leads me to this. Since about 2001 domestic car companies have been building cars on par or better than import car companies. Lets go down a short list. Look up Impala 3rd best selling car in the U.S. on an older platform than it other competition? Wonder why? It is a very well built car and gets 30MPG.( Now if Chevy could of done like Toyota and include the Camry Solara 2 door in the numbers by including the Monte Carlo then you would see the Impala/Monte as the 2nd best selling car in the U.S.) The malibu is not able to stay on the sales floor. And is generating the buzz of being a world class car with the awards and owner feedback to back it up. Buick tied Lexus for most reliable car in 2007. If those 3 examples from just GM not including Ford or Chrysler also many tops in the list. Show if its not just a false statement about not competing but shows that in the last 5+ years they have not only proven it but are doing as well. Just so many people think the way they thought 20 years ago.
    And last the Hummer vs. Hybrid? Totally radical but I go back to my $2.00 thinking. Think hybrids would be so popular if...? But going with today. two things Hummer was not even a fraction of GM's sales portfolio. And GM never put more money into Hummer than needed and it worked up till a year ago. And GM might be selling off Hummer if things do not even out. And the hybrid thing..guess who was the top selling hybrid / alternative fuels company in 2007..it was not a foreign nameplate. And that wonderful Honda Clarity? Making people think that they are the first to make these cars available? Try GM for the last 2 years with its Equinox fuel cell SUV's. the "project" as its dubbed since it has to be close to hydrogen refilling stations has been a HUGE hit.
    Ask Hyundai, they're still reeling from the bad cars they produced in the 80s. Aside form the Jeep, most American cars have a horrible resale value, bad MPG, and not so reliable mechanism. Sure, you have Cadillacs, bt only a very few can afford them.It is too late.
    Hyundai is doing great. Though still far behind in sales vs. Other imports they have adopted the ideas that made Toyota a huge titan it is today and using its own strategy against them. Jeep is not the only company with good resale value. And the resale value again goes back the 20 year notion of the cars domestic car companies made. But actually the first set of Malibu's are holding their resale value 20% MORE than anticipated. Along with Saturn, Buick who again was set as #1 in reliability rankings. Ford and Lincoln and Chrysler all have world class and competing vehicles. Have seen Ford people have ranked them as on par with toyota in quality. And you tal about Caddy, well Caddy was the #1 luxury vehicle brand in the U.S. last year. That says something about quality of a brand when people are buying the flagship of the company. And MPG and reliability? Shall I get into that wonderful line of BS? The straight out lie of MPG vs. the domestic cars. Toyota saying it has more 30MPG cars than any other company? Really? Wrong! Or how bout the short history of that Truck of the year Tundra. Want to know the real scoop. The laundry list of problems it has had since day 1. The FJ cruiser? The Prius? Don't need to speculate they send out "service bulletins" Or their way to cover up what they are recalls. And recalls, tell me who has had the most recalls in the past year. I can give you a hint was NOT a domestic car maker. Reliability is a matter of what you perceive, media bias and speculation of what you think your getting. Well, like mentioned above that idea is changing.
    The last thing you point out you said "It is too late," you meaning what? In the auto industry or our way of life? Since the way I see it if GM or Ford fall this country is going to have a real harsh wake up call worse than this economy ever has seen. Don't think its bad now wait till more companies that are the life blood of this country fail. I don't know about you Nelson but I don't have the bank to stay afloat if this economy tanks.
    This is the condensed version of what I would talk about since this is the TF section and not women and cars. Though if you moved it there to the more appropriate are I could give more background to the thoughts I just listed.
    This is damn truth there. It began in the late 90's. Ten years later and now they're like :wtf Plus there's talk of getting rid of UAW to lower production cost. The Ford plants here in Ky are about to (maybe)shutdown and with the loss of GE to Mexico that means tons of unemployed Louisville residents. What the fuck they gonna do - work at UPS? Its a huge hit to this city.
    Totally inaccurate Dev. Sure the late 90's we found out we lost the car market to imports but at the time the best selling import could not even match the best selling truck or SUV. They are like I pointed above making the strides and competing. But the idea about getting rid of the UAW. Not like its going to happen Domestic car companies and UAW are tied together. not unless real change comes around they both are in the soup. Should I tell you about Toytas practices that that do in Japan being brough in here to be implemented in thier factoried here in the U.S.? Very sick very sick.The Ford plant in Ky is it getting shut down for good or revamped for Fords new Small car program going online next year? and the GE stuff going to Mexico..all this is thanks to people who put trust in brands outside our country. Your community cannot survive on the cars made in Japan. But I can assure you people in other countries are thanking us for helping their economy. Like I said this thread would be more suited to go on in the women and cars section Nelson..

This is 2008 not 1986 Nelson. Sorry but that statement is exactly what I am getting to. That statement is exactly how Americans think..like I said 20 years ago that statement was true. Is it now? Nope.
    Betting on mini vans? Ford dropped its minivan 2 years ago..GM is also taking a smaller approach at the minivan. So that's not totally accurate. The only company that's pushing the minivan is the originator Chysler who still has the lead in that segment since starting it back in the 80's.
    SUV's Well considering the profit margin and the way they sold.. It has been a no brainer for years and really import companies could not compete. That was the only thing domestic cars companies had over them and it showed in the units sold and the number of variations grew.SUV's and trucks were the product of choice.If this "oil crisis" and I put it in quotations since its a crock of crap lie. But lets just say that the price of gas really dipped and it went to $2.00 a gallon. Who do you think would be winning out? But that leads me to this. Since about 2001 domestic car companies have been building cars on par or better than import car companies. Lets go down a short list. Look up Impala 3rd best selling car in the U.S. on an older platform than it other competition? Wonder why? It is a very well built car and gets 30MPG.( Now if Chevy could of done like Toyota and include the Camry Solara 2 door in the numbers by including the Monte Carlo then you would see the Impala/Monte as the 2nd best selling car in the U.S.) The malibu is not able to stay on the sales floor. And is generating the buzz of being a world class car with the awards and owner feedback to back it up. Buick tied Lexus for most reliable car in 2007. If those 3 examples from just GM not including Ford or Chrysler also many tops in the list. Show if its not just a false statement about not competing but shows that in the last 5+ years they have not only proven it but are doing as well. Just so many people think the way they thought 20 years ago.
    And last the Hummer vs. Hybrid? Totally radical but I go back to my $2.00 thinking. Think hybrids would be so popular if...? But going with today. two things Hummer was not even a fraction of GM's sales portfolio. And GM never put more money into Hummer than needed and it worked up till a year ago. And GM might be selling off Hummer if things do not even out. And the hybrid thing..guess who was the top selling hybrid / alternative fuels company in 2007..it was not a foreign nameplate. And that wonderful Honda Clarity? Making people think that they are the first to make these cars available? Try GM for the last 2 years with its Equinox fuel cell SUV's. the "project" as its dubbed since it has to be close to hydrogen refilling stations has been a HUGE hit.

Hyundai is doing great. Though still far behind in sales vs. Other imports they have adopted the ideas that made Toyota a huge titan it is today and using its own strategy against them. Jeep is not the only company with good resale value. And the resale value again goes back the 20 year notion of the cars domestic car companies made. But actually the first set of Malibu's are holding their resale value 20% MORE than anticipated. Along with Saturn, Buick who again was set as #1 in reliability rankings. Ford and Lincoln and Chrysler all have world class and competing vehicles. Have seen Ford people have ranked them as on par with toyota in quality. And you tal about Caddy, well Caddy was the #1 luxury vehicle brand in the U.S. last year. That says something about quality of a brand when people are buying the flagship of the company. And MPG and reliability? Shall I get into that wonderful line of BS? The straight out lie of MPG vs. the domestic cars. Toyota saying it has more 30MPG cars than any other company? Really? Wrong! Or how bout the short history of that Truck of the year Tundra. Want to know the real scoop. The laundry list of problems it has had since day 1. The FJ cruiser? The Prius? Don't need to speculate they send out "service bulletins" Or their way to cover up what they are recalls. And recalls, tell me who has had the most recalls in the past year. I can give you a hint was NOT a domestic car maker. Reliability is a matter of what you perceive, media bias and speculation of what you think your getting. Well, like mentioned above that idea is changing.
    The last thing you point out you said "It is too late," you meaning what? In the auto industry or our way of life? Since the way I see it if GM or Ford fall this country is going to have a real harsh wake up call worse than this economy ever has seen. Don't think its bad now wait till more companies that are the life blood of this country fail. I don't know about you Nelson but I don't have the bank to stay afloat if this economy tanks.
    This is the condensed version of what I would talk about since this is the TF section and not women and cars. Though if you moved it there to the more appropriate are I could give more background to the thoughts I just listed.

Totally inaccurate Dev. Sure the late 90's we found out we lost the car market to imports but at the time the best selling import could not even match the best selling truck or SUV. They are like I pointed above making the strides and competing. But the idea about getting rid of the UAW. Not like its going to happen Domestic car companies and UAW are tied together. not unless real change comes around they both are in the soup. Should I tell you about Toytas practices that that do in Japan being brough in here to be implemented in thier factoried here in the U.S.? Very sick very sick.The Ford plant in Ky is it getting shut down for good or revamped for Fords new Small car program going online next year? and the GE stuff going to Mexico..all this is thanks to people who put trust in brands outside our country. Your community cannot survive on the cars made in Japan. But I can assure you people in other countries are thanking us for helping their economy. Like I said this thread would be more suited to go on in the women and cars section Nelson..
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Wink Re: Transformers 2 is a great opportunity for car companies

Sorry if you can not comprehend a thought outside of Transformers.
    You sir...

Ok, next person that writes all in bold will get shot and banned.

Banned

'Bout fucking time Nelson! My eyes went uber weird when all that bold was in front of them! >_<

Yea Z, theres all kinds of rumors about the plants here. Let's just say that what you read on the news is mostly bullshit. Always take it as rumors until its completely official. If you have an inside source its the only way to trust it. Our mayor really likes to "influence" the media about big companies here. He's crooked as a dogs hind leg. Haha, this city is so fucked. I'm glad I'm leaving this shithole.

thank you!

Yea Z, theres all kinds of rumors about the plants here. Let's just say that what you read on the news is mostly bullshit. Always take it as rumors until its completely official. If you have an inside source its the only way to trust it. Our mayor really likes to "influence" the media about big companies here. He's crooked as a dogs hind leg. Haha, this city is so fucked. I'm glad I'm leaving this shithole.
    I know what you mean man. If that plant closes it will be a ghost town. Always happens. Happened in the steel mills in PA. and many of the factories in the U.S. where the town or cities are fed by that one huge factory. Criples thier local economy. I have driven though a couple of town in GA. that used to produce textiles and its like drving through a scene from Land of the Dead. Just baren and desolate. I hope your plant is set to convert. Fords just following GM's lead with Saturn inbringing GM's Opel brand here badged as Saturns. Fords got wonderful econo cars and has had them for years..IN EUROPE..lol But becuase there was no high demand they stayed there. Well the big cheese at Ford just told them to shut down and convert the plants over to bring these cars here. Some to be exported to Europe instead of being built there. But also to be sold here as the answer to small gas friendly cars. I hope this happens for you man. Well for your Father and he stays working. And yes the local goverment and the local media..will paint a picture any way they want to sell face time. But they have almost no control over whats going on. Good luck man