Thread: GAH! Firefox 1.0.7 problems...

Default GAH! Firefox 1.0.7 problems...

I know this isn't the version on my laptop because it's very different, but in this version (won't let me upgrade either on this for some weird reason) and every time I try to quote someone to reply, whether in PMs or in a thread, the message disappears. I mean, it's a blank screen in the reply box and when I post or send the message, it's blank.

Quick post however does work.

Very weird. I'll try to upgrade to see what that does.

And the log out is taking fewer and fewer clicks now I've noticed (in all versions of my browser.)
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Default Re: GAH! Firefox 1.0.7 problems...

Okay, downloaded version two and so much better.

Therefore, no need for this post now!

I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

With Version 3 to going gold on the 17th, why the heck were you still on version 1?!!!

Version 3 is pretty slick. And uses less system resources then 2 does. Only prob I have with 3, is my web site photo galleries (made with iWeb) don't show up..... But that will change when I finally come up with a site redesign I'm happy with.

There still needs to be a lot better add on support. Some are still buggy while others are not version 3 updated... But I'm sure over time that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarCrow28 View Post
    With Version 3 to going gold on the 17th, why the heck were you still on version 1?!!!

Version 3 is pretty slick. And uses less system resources then 2 does. Only prob I have with 3, is my web site photo galleries (made with iWeb) don't show up..... But that will change when I finally come up with a site redesign I'm happy with.

There still needs to be a lot better add on support. Some are still buggy while others are not version 3 updated... But I'm sure over time that will change.
    I don't know why it downloaded version one. It just did. I told it to download, that's what it downloaded.

Now version two is available to download, which I did and no problems now!

And version three...sigh. Never satisfied are these computer guys, are they?

There's an upgrade already, damn I can't keep up with these people!

EDIT: Oh wait, it said 1.0.7 not 3.0.7. I'm losing my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    There's an upgrade already, damn I can't keep up with these people!

EDIT: Oh wait, it said 1.0.7 not 3.0.7. I'm losing my mind!
    Apparently, the computer I had installed it on only installed 1.0.7. Now I've upgraded to three, and LOVE IT!!!

3 = fast = wins
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone from IMDB
    Why does Will Smith always play a black man?

My Blu-ray collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Do View Post
    3 = fast = wins
    Oh so fast.

And awesome add-ons.

the only downfall: netflix movie viewer doesn't work with firefox. I have to use IE (barf) to view my movies!

Try Safari, its the next best thing to FireFox. And Yes, you can get it for Windows now.

In fact there are some things that Safari does better then FireFox. Like the Acid 3 test and recognizing embedded color profiles in images. But I'm getting techy...

Try Safari, its the next best thing to FireFox. And Yes, you can get it for Windows now.

In fact there are some things that Safari does better then FireFox. Like the Acid 3 test and recognizing embedded color profiles in images. But I'm getting techy...
    I have both so I'm all set.

I don't like safari.

Firefox is the only browser I use, unless it's IE to view netflix movies.