Thread: What happened to barricade?

Default What happened to barricade?

I have looked everywhere on the internet and talked to everybody I can about Transformers and a certain decepticon called barricade. My question is....where the hell did he go at the end??? He fights BB right? Then dies? Looked like he died to me. Then he comes back when all the decepticons are calling in right? Then hes in the freeway scene up until prime fights bonecrusher. After that scene he is not seen again. Am I freaking out or am I right? Where did he go? What happened? Someone please watch this movie again and tell me where he goes. This has been driving me NUTS since last July and I have had to have seen it at lease 40-50 times since then and I cant figure it out. HELP!!!! Please respond whether you know what happens or not, I dont wanna feel alone here.

Banned

Default Re: What happened to barricade?

Quote Originally Posted by TIMESUPYO View Post
    I have looked everywhere on the internet and talked to everybody I can about Transformers and a certain decepticon called barricade. My question is....where the hell did he go at the end??? He fights BB right? Then dies? Looked like he died to me. Then he comes back when all the decepticons are calling in right? Then hes in the freeway scene up until prime fights bonecrusher. After that scene he is not seen again. Am I freaking out or am I right? Where did he go? What happened? Someone please watch this movie again and tell me where he goes. This has been driving me NUTS since last July and I have had to have seen it at lease 40-50 times since then and I cant figure it out. HELP!!!! Please respond whether you know what happens or not, I dont wanna feel alone here.
    ok there are other threads for this and please stop freaking out!!! No one knows where Barricade went. He did fight Bumblebee and got his ass handed to him. He did not die but was none functioning. In the comics it states that as long as the Allspark is in the area or on the planet where the Transformers are they can regenerate. This is how Frenzy was able to regenerate so fast when he was next to the Allspark and it is asumed that this is how Bumblebee was able to get his voice back(as he touched the Allspark) Why it took so long for him to speak is still not explained. The closer to the Allspark the faster a Transformer can regenerate. So when Barricade is seen later after the Bumblebee fight it is asumed that he regenerated and rejoined the other Decepticons when Starscream commanded them to mobilize. Now in he comics Barricade is taken out by Ironhide on the freeway as in the Movie novel Barricade is killed by Optimus just after he killes Bonecrusher... But in the movie this never happend and Barricade was last seen on the freeway. He is alive and will be in the next movie
    Last edited by Shadow; 06-03-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Its a movie mistake. Get over it. Theres no story or nothing behind it. No post or bullshit about what people think what happens or in the "prequel" book explains anything. Its just a big movie mistake. That's all and it shouldn't be looked at any other way unless it is explained in the sequel.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
    Its a movie mistake. Get over it. Theres no story or nothing behind it. No post or bullshit about what people think what happens or in the "prequel" book explains anything. Its just a big movie mistake. That's all and it shouldn't be looked at any other way unless it is explained in the sequel.
    Sorry bro... not to be disrespectful but it wasnt a movie mistake. The movie script was written before the books and comics and Barricade was never written in the script to die. Its just the books and comics depicted what happend differently then the script for the movie. No mess ups, Bay knew what he was doing in not showing what happend to Barricade.

Its a mistake, dude. Its not some elaborate plan to bring him back or the other missing characters in the second movie.

Its a mistake, dude. Its not some elaborate plan to bring him back or the other missing characters in the second movie.
    he's not really describing an elaborate plan at all. it's just one of those things that wasn't in the movie that was explained more in detail in the comics and books afterward. it's not like he's saying Barricade left assuming Megatron would fail and try to reassemble the Decepticons on his own and be there new leader, or something like that.

it's just something that wasn't written into the script, simple as that. it's not that serious, so relax man.

It's either a mistake or it wasn't. No need to argue. Bay isn't an idiot. If it was a mistake, he's read the millions of threads of people bitchin' about it and I'm sure it's going to be explained in June 2009.

I'm just as curious as anyone else to figure out what happened.

well isn't his "fate" you could say clarified in the Reign of Starscream comics? or will that be totally seperate? i'm a little comfused, and i will continue to be until i get to go buy it.

Banned

Yes .. its a big conspiracy theory.... errrrr.. yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
    well isn't his "fate" you could say clarified in the Reign of Starscream comics? or will that be totally seperate? i'm a little comfused, and i will continue to be until i get to go buy it.
    I don't know how to much to the comics Michael went with. I think he kind of created his own world using these characters, making his own vision, but I could be wrong.

ugh.

okay. I am gonna betchslap the next person who posts another thread like this. How many of these have been posted already? -_-;
    clearly we've already had plenty of replies to this, so I'll hold off on the ranting.

on a lighter note, hasn't there been rumor of the interceptor returning for TF2? I remember reading that somwhere...
    This is Ferngully, bitch!

Banned

lol im not argueing with you... all im tring to say is the Transformers movie script was written before any of the books and new comics. Barricade was never killed in the script. No one knows where he went but the people who wrote the script and maybe Bay. Because of this it left the writers of the books and comics to write in what they think happend to Barricade. We all know he will be in the next movie and it was already stated that he will be very instermental to the plot of the next movie. Now as for the comics... they have nothing what so ever to do with what may or may not happen in the next movie. Will Bay use anything from the comics? I dont know but I sure hope he does. Why?Because the Reign of Starscream comics have been bad ass so far. The Transformer Decepticon name mess up was a mistake... this missing of Barricade was not!!!! This isnt something you as a director just forget to do. Bay knows what he is doing and this missing of Barricade has been one of the top things sence the end of the first movie that has kept people interested in what going to happen in the next and this my friend is good plablisity for Transformers.

I dont think its a conspiracy, but how can it be a mistake? I mean, how do you forget to include a character in the climax? Doesnt make sense. I dont think hes coming back, if he was, they showed Starscream take off during the credits, obviously he will be back, why didnt Bay do the same for Barricade? If Bay left him out intentionally, your average moviegoer isnt going to notice that he just vanished with no explanation so I dont see that as what happened. Honestly, I bet it got cut during editing by mistake or to save a few bucks with Bay thinkin since Barricade isnt really a central character, it wont matter if we miss his probably very short death scene. If you were Bay, what do u choose, 7 second death of a character nobody cares about, or 700,000 dollars to spend on more important characters/scenes?

If its unofficial on what happened in the movie about missing characters then it is a mistake in the movie. Its that simple. I swear its like Rumble/Trax all over again.

Banned

I dont think its a conspiracy, but how can it be a mistake? I mean, how do you forget to include a character in the climax? Doesnt make sense. I dont think hes coming back, if he was, they showed Starscream take off during the credits, obviously he will be back, why didnt Bay do the same for Barricade? If Bay left him out intentionally, your average moviegoer isnt going to notice that he just vanished with no explanation so I dont see that as what happened. Honestly, I bet it got cut during editing by mistake or to save a few bucks with Bay thinkin since Barricade isnt really a central character, it wont matter if we miss his probably very short death scene. If you were Bay, what do u choose, 7 second death of a character nobody cares about, or 700,000 dollars to spend on more important characters/scenes?
    see now to me thats not good enough. I mean becides Megs and Starscream, Barricade is the next most central character for the Deceptcons in the movie. Barricade was in charge of finding and tracking down Bumblebee and Barircade is the Decepticons scout. He is just as central as Bumblebee is to the Autobots. We havent seen the last of him

Banned

If its unofficial on what happened in the movie about missing characters then it is a mistake in the movie. Its that simple. I swear its like Rumble/Trax all over again.
    ok so your telling me in every movie to date where someone or thing goes missing with no reason as to why then its a mistake? Come on man, if it was a mistake then im sure Bay or the writers would have said by now. Barricade lives and we will see him in the next movie. TRUST ME ON THIS!!!!

Banned

I don't quite look at this being an unofficial piece of information but more or less a suspense as to whats going to happen next. We all knew there was going to be a second movie, so therefore since we didn't find out what happened.. it should be known that it should be explained in the second movie.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    I don't quite look at this being an unofficial piece of information but more or less a suspense as to whats going to happen next. We all knew there was going to be a second movie, so therefore since we didn't find out what happened.. it should be known that it should be explained in the second movie.
    Thank you Smoke

Yeah, they will probably make up an excuse for this MISTAKE. I 100% believe it was either mistake or budget constraints as to what happened to Barricade, just listen to Bays commentary on the film, he talks about how much he had to cut and get innovative to cut down on costs.

Quote Originally Posted by xana View Post
    ugh.

okay. I am gonna betchslap the next person who posts another thread like this. How many of these have been posted already? -_-;
    clearly we've already had plenty of replies to this, so I'll hold off on the ranting.

on a lighter note, hasn't there been rumor of the interceptor returning for TF2? I remember reading that somwhere...
    chill out. some of us cant spend all day on here so we miss threads like this. and before we can find one there are a million new threads. all that has to be done i answer the man's question and lock it or something. relax.

Quote Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
    chill out. some of us cant spend all day on here so we miss threads like this. and before we can find one there are a million new threads. all that has to be done i answer the man's question and lock it or something. relax.
    dude, I was joking.
    This is Ferngully, bitch!

Banned

Yeah, they will probably make up an excuse for this MISTAKE. I 100% believe it was either mistake or budget constraints as to what happened to Barricade, just listen to Bays commentary on the film, he talks about how much he had to cut and get innovative to cut down on costs.
    If thats what you want to believe.. its a free country... Mike also explained that the first movie was just an introduction to Transformers and that more will be explained in the 2nd movie. If this isn't enough information to answer you, then I guess nothing will.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    If thats what you want to believe.. its a free country... Mike also explained that the first movie was just an introduction to Transformers and that more will be explained in the 2nd movie. If this isn't enough information to answer you, then I guess nothing will.
    Hay Smoke... for once we both seem to agree and see what the others dont. Its not that hard to see Barricade wasnt ment to be in the last battle.
    Last edited by Shadow; 06-09-2008 at 09:22 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow2879 View Post
    Hay Smoke... for onec we both seem to agree and see what the others dont. Its not that hard to see Barricade wasnt ment to be in the last battle.
    True.. very true. BTW.. go check out the Mike Speaks on Blu-Ray thread... you might get a kick out of that one too.