Thread: PD to do Ouija?

Default PD to do Ouija?

Link

Sounds creepy.

Michael Bay conjures 'Ouija' movie
    Platinum Dunes working on film based on Hasbro game

By Borys Kit
    May 29, 2008, 01:00 AM

David Berenbaum and Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes have been brought on deck to bring Hasbro's supernatural game "Ouija Board" to the big screen. The project is set up at Universal, where Hasbro has a six-year strategic partnership.

Platinum Dunes' Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller will produce "Ouija" along with Hasbro.

Although the specific log line for the film is being kept under wraps, the film will be a supernatural adventure with the Ouija board playing an integral part of the story. The movie is not taking a "Jumanji"-like approach, which involved a game coming to life.

While divination or spiritual boards have been around for centuries, they began being sold as novelty items in the late 1800s, with the first Ouija board, one with an alphabet on it, being patented in 1890. Players' fingers are placed on a small planchette that mysteriously moves to letters and numbers in order to spell out messages from beyond the earthly realm.

The board has been produced by Hasbro's Parker Brothers since 1966, with millions being sold worldwide.

Bennett Schneir, Hasbro's senior vp and managing director of motion pictures will oversee the project for Hasbro.

Berenbaum penned "Elf" and worked on "The Spiderwick Chronicles," "Zoom," and "The Haunted Mansion." The scribe was approached by Hasbro before the company's partnership with Universal and his deal only very recently closed.

Platinum Dunes, known for its horror remakes, is working on "Unborn," an original supernatural thriller being directed by David Goyer.

The project is another example of WMA synergy at work: the agency reps Hasbro, Berenbaum and Platinum Dunes.

Default Re: PD to do Ouija?

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Link

Sounds creepy.

Michael Bay conjures 'Ouija' movie
    Platinum Dunes working on film based on Hasbro game

By Borys Kit
    May 29, 2008, 01:00 AM

David Berenbaum and Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes have been brought on deck to bring Hasbro's supernatural game "Ouija Board" to the big screen. The project is set up at Universal, where Hasbro has a six-year strategic partnership.

Platinum Dunes' Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller will produce "Ouija" along with Hasbro.

Although the specific log line for the film is being kept under wraps, the film will be a supernatural adventure with the Ouija board playing an integral part of the story. The movie is not taking a "Jumanji"-like approach, which involved a game coming to life.

While divination or spiritual boards have been around for centuries, they began being sold as novelty items in the late 1800s, with the first Ouija board, one with an alphabet on it, being patented in 1890. Players' fingers are placed on a small planchette that mysteriously moves to letters and numbers in order to spell out messages from beyond the earthly realm.

The board has been produced by Hasbro's Parker Brothers since 1966, with millions being sold worldwide.

Bennett Schneir, Hasbro's senior vp and managing director of motion pictures will oversee the project for Hasbro.

Berenbaum penned "Elf" and worked on "The Spiderwick Chronicles," "Zoom," and "The Haunted Mansion." The scribe was approached by Hasbro before the company's partnership with Universal and his deal only very recently closed.

Platinum Dunes, known for its horror remakes, is working on "Unborn," an original supernatural thriller being directed by David Goyer.

The project is another example of WMA synergy at work: the agency reps Hasbro, Berenbaum and Platinum Dunes.
    I saw this in my livejournal community and was like "whut? quija board is a movie?" But then....anything can be made into a movie in Hollywood. LOL
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Banned

This is one Michael Bay movie I won't care for at all. I don't get into the whold satanic crap... and yes.. Ouija boards ARE satanic.

ugh...hollywood sucks

is hollywood running out of ideas or something?
    i mean, they're pratically reaching into their closets, fishing something out, and saying, "hey, let's make a movie out of this, guys!"
    http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l...ransform02.png

Starscream
    Decepticon Second in Command
    F-22 Raptor
    31 feet 2 inches
    Streak
    Autobot
    Ferrari California GT convertible (blue in color)
    18 feet 8 inches

So i hear news travels fast...
    Oh yes. At the speed of Skywarp.
    :lol

exactly why what i said above

sounds shit, typical american shit

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    This is one Michael Bay movie I won't care for at all. I don't get into the whold satanic crap... and yes.. Ouija boards ARE satanic.
    i agree this is one film i will not support ! thanks smokescreen_5 at least i'm not the only one who feels like that
    "have you ever screamed out in the dark, thinking no one else could hear ? ... I've lost my faith in love"

when is a man really in trouble??.. when his fiancee and girlfriend finds out about each other and are on their way to tell his wife

Question Re: PD to do Ouija?

One "word":

UHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........why?

And I definitely support that opinion, smokescreen_5, thank you!
    "Tell Megatron, 'Let's tango.'"

..........They can't be serious with this......

Did I miss something, how exactly is this a Bay movie? Is Bay gonna direct it?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    He's producing it. It's a Platinum Dunes project.

Also, for the record: Clue = Awesome.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Also, I would assume that Machinima + Candy Land = animated children's film that could be pretty viable, if there was a Willy Wonka (1971) sensibility behind it. Kids are so smart these days...
    Last edited by redqueenar; 06-01-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Because I'm too tired to spell things properly.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    The three endings DVD is pretty cool.

As far as ouija goes: it's just a board game based on watered down fairy tales, cardboard and plastic nothing more. Satanic? LMAO, its about as satanic as a Magic 8 Ball or Teletubbies. And yours for the low price of $19.99.

This movie could be an unintentionally funny trainwreck of a movie, or (I'm with Beej) creepy adventure type film. We'll see.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yes if you go to the main page at www.michaelbay.com and look at the news blogs it talks about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beej View Post
    Ye have little faith.

Ouija board, carnivals, gypsies, palm and tarot card readers, seances, clowns -- oooohh scary. Depending on how it's done cause Hasbro does want to sell the game and all the marketing/ancillary product it can, it can be far scarier than a slasher film but as an adventure, and boy does a Ouija board tap into what bugs you guys judging by the above posts. (If it lives it can be killed. It only has power if you believe in it, and it only has power over you when you give your power away.)

Recently wrote on the next edition's (litle online thingy) theme of fear. I was like, boy this is one area I can write forever on, and the publisher/editor says, "why don't you write it on the Suffragettes circa early 1900s and the fight to vote"... Well okay, cause considering what is going on in the world right now that does play as a hot button and it is fear and overcoming it. Just read syndicated columnist Mark Steyn's article this morning where he hits on this topic in a different way (i.e., female feticide). I like his brain and style. But writing on fear based on a Ouija board game would have been way more fun -- and easier.

When "Titanic" was coming out I was like, no way this film is going to make back it's budget based on time alone since the film ran four hours and unless they double the ticket price it wasn't logical that theaters would or could run the movie enough... and we all knew how it ended. Cameron's pitch alone would have been fascinating because who'd buy that? Iceberg ahead, crash, sink, die -- !! You just never know about this stuff. Not unless you have a crystal ball... or a Ouija board.
    I understand that Hasbro is trying to sell the game. It's not a thing about having little faith its that I simply don't support Ouija boards. It's my personal opinion as well as my own Christian faith which is involved in my decisions. People call it a game or a way to tap into the spirit world and talk to spirits. A Christian knows that the things that come from the ouija board are never from good spirits but demonic ones. Most of these demons will act innocent to get you hooked into talking to them more and more until they take over you. I simply don't support it and won't support it.

Also, I would assume that Machinima + Candy Land = animated children's film that could be pretty viable, if there was a Willy Wonka (1971) sensibility behind it. Kids are so smart these days...
    Wasn't there a movie about Clue that had already come out at one time? Nevermind.. I found my answer here. Looks like this was done in 1985. I wouldn't mind seeing someone redo this movie. I think it'd be a good hit.

Candy Land I can see it working with a Willy Wonka style them... it could definitely be a fun movie

Banned

As far as ouija goes: it's just a board game based on watered down fairy tales, cardboard and plastic nothing more. Satanic? LMAO, its about as satanic as a Magic 8 Ball or Teletubbies. And yours for the low price of $19.99.

This movie could be an unintentionally funny trainwreck of a movie, or (I'm with Beej) creepy adventure type film. We'll see.
    Ugghh.. Teletubbies are just creepy... especially that deep voiced purple one.. Magic 8 ball? you're compairing ouija to that???? You do realize that the 8 ball is simply a die with a bunch of words on it that floats around in a dark liquid and once its flipped upside down.. turns all about and then comes back to the window with one of those words. Theres nothing remotely closely satanic about those. Half the time when you use it, the question you ask is never even answered.

Heres the difference.. an 8 ball comes up with a random phrase. Teletubbies are just creepy toys for blokes who are blazed or babies that don't know the difference. Ouija board.. it moves by itself. a piece of plastic does not move by itself. A piece of plastic does not spell out words or phrases all by itself. A piece of plastic does not actually answer your questions. Yet this board game does. Hmm.. Maybe you're not religious.. and I'm not going to get into that.. because I know how religious aspects can be skewed and blown up. I'm just going to stop by saying I won't support this movie.

Finally someone thinks that way. Some guys just get too sensetive about the most weird things.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

Ugghh.. Teletubbies are just creepy... especially that deep voiced purple one.. Magic 8 ball? you're compairing ouija to that???? You do realize that the 8 ball is simply a die with a bunch of words on it that floats around in a dark liquid and once its flipped upside down.. turns all about and then comes back to the window with one of those words. Theres nothing remotely closely satanic about those. Half the time when you use it, the question you ask is never even answered.

Heres the difference.. an 8 ball comes up with a random phrase. Teletubbies are just creepy toys for blokes who are blazed or babies that don't know the difference. Ouija board.. it moves by itself. a piece of plastic does not move by itself. A piece of plastic does not spell out words or phrases all by itself. A piece of plastic does not actually answer your questions. Yet this board game does. Hmm.. Maybe you're not religious.. and I'm not going to get into that.. because I know how religious aspects can be skewed and blown up. I'm just going to stop by saying I won't support this movie.
    All I'm trying to say is that I'm just as dismissive of this game (printed carboard and a piece of plastic) as I am of another piece of plastic floating in blue liquid. (or strange kid's show)

It's like the Rorschach inkblots, people either see what they want to see in them or don't.

You guys are *kidding* right?

You actually believe in that kinda of stuff?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    You guys are *kidding* right?

You actually believe in that kinda of stuff?
    Nope... not kidding. When I've seen people go to jail because the board "told" them to do something.. or when people get sent to the mental ward.. that and through my faith.. I tend to believe it.

Nope... not kidding. When I've seen people go to jail because the board "told" them to do something.. or when people get sent to the mental ward.. that and through my faith.. I tend to believe it.
    So people have no responsibility for their actions? What happen to being mentally insane? So should we do away with all dogs because they told the Son of Sam to kill all those people?

What about Joshua killing most of the people of Jericho because God told him to do so?

Banned

So people have no responsibility for their actions? What happen to being mentally insane? So should we do away with all dogs because they told the Son of Sam to kill all those people?

What about Joshua killing most of the people of Jericho because God told him to do so?
    How about the fact that a Ouija board won't work in a Church?

Perhaps you should read up on the Bible a little bit more. The situation with Joshua and the battle of Jericho dealt with the fact the city was corrupt and full of evil and the fact he was fighting to get his land back.

How about the fact that a Ouija board won't work in a Church?
    So you've scientifically tested this? Or you don't believe in science?

I've seen people's lives destroyed by the actions or words of a minister and his congregation INSIDE A CHURCH, which is something I've never seen a stupid board game do.

Perhaps you should read up on the Bible a little bit more. The situation with Joshua and the battle of Jericho dealt with the fact the city was corrupt and full of evil and the fact he was fighting to get his land back.
    I have. It's full of savages killing people because they thought that's what God wanted them to do, which is no different than people blaming the Ouija for their actions.

So because people believe in different gods or because they believe that an intergalactic real estate agent gave them land, they have a right to kill them?

Banned

So you've scientifically tested this? Or you don't believe in science?

I've seen people's lives destroyed by the actions or words of a minister and his congregation INSIDE A CHURCH, which is something I've never seen a stupid board game do.
    Scientifically? You mean the fact that my sunday school teacher when I was 16 brought one in and talked about it and we tried it out IN the church and it wouldn't work.. but then taking it outside of the church to a nearby park it worked, and then taking it back to the church it didn't work again? Then yes, this is from personal experience that it doesn't work in a church.

I have. It's full of savages killing people because they thought that's what God wanted them to do, which is no different than people blaming the Ouija for their actions.

So because people believe in different gods or because they believe that an intergalactic real estate agent gave them land, they have a right to kill them?
    Now you're just being ridiculous. Like I said before. Religion is something people will debate over and even kill over. I have my beliefs, you believe whatever you want to believe. I've seen people end up in mental wards because of being demonically possessed.. not just being mental. I've seen this with my own eyes. Not something a preacher TAUGHT or tried to INFLUENCE. Like I said before, I won't support this. Respond to this or not.. I don't care.. I'm done with this.

ya ya, i knew that. but producing doesn't exactly make this a bay movie anyway.