Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beverly Hills Cop 4?!!

Default Beverly Hills Cop 4?!!

Look man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!! I also ain't fallin for no fourth BHC movie.

Ratner to direct.....? Eddie, Eddie, Eddie....tsk, tsk, tsk.

Link

Eddie Murphy back in 'Beverly Hills'
    Brett Ratner negotiating to direct 4th 'Cop' film

By MICHAEL FLEMING

On the heels of the successful revival of the "Indiana Jones" franchise, Paramount has set in motion a fourth installment of "Beverly Hills Cop."
    Eddie Murphy is attached to reprise his role as Detroit detective Axel Foley, and Brett Ratner is negotiating to direct.

Studio is aiming for a 2009 production start and a summer 2010 release.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura will produce. Jerry Bruckheimer, who produced the original "Beverly Hills Cop" trilogy with late partner Don Simpson, won't be actively involved in the new film.

Murphy approached the studio about reviving the franchise that cemented his status as a B.O. mega-star. Par brass were eager to land another picture with Murphy after he finished the Karey Kirkpatrick-directed "NowhereLand," which Paramount releases in June 2009.

That film was also produced by Di Bonaventura, who is working on the summer 2009 releases "G.I. Joe" and "Transformers 2."

The studio canvassed a number of directors before choosing Ratner. A writer will be hired shortly.

Released in 1984, the original "Beverly Hills Cop" grossed $316 million worldwide and spawned two sequels. All told, the three pics grossed $712.9 million worldwide. The last was released in 1994.

Murphy is currently toplining the Brian Robbins-directed "A Thousand Words" for DreamWorks.

Ratner has been developing the Hugh Hefner biopic "Playboy" for Universal and Imagine.

Default Re: Beverly Hills Cop 4?!!

Not sure I am looking foward for this one.

On the other hand, Ratner seems to be the right guy for the job.
    Last edited by hautbasclair; 05-29-2008 at 06:34 AM.

The Rat is a hack, he loves to take over franchises and run them into the ground. But since the first BHC was the ONLY one worth watching, bring it on, i won't see it anyways.
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

Brett Ratner is not that bad. Red Dragon was pretty good. I'd even have to say better than Michael Mann's take on it. That's saying a lot since I am a huge fan of MM work. The first Rush Hour, liked it, it was fun. The two sequels, not so much. After The Sunset wasn't that good. Short on story, but the coolness of the 1969 Camaro, Selma Hayek running around half naked the whole time, and Pierce Brosnan, made it watchable. Family Man was good too. Also, Ratner has a good sense of film-music. Hiring Lalo Schrifrin for the Rush Hour films was an old-school choice, and it worked. I think he will step in and do fine so long as the script is good.
    View My Latest Video/Photo Work Here!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaseyJPorterOfficial

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Superfreak View Post
    The Rat is a hack, he loves to take over franchises and run them into the ground.
    So true, but he can't run it deeper into the ground after you've watched BHC3

But since the first BHC was the ONLY one worth watching, bring it on, i won't see it anyways.
    Here, I don't agree. The second one a good sequel (not that common at that time). Bruckheimer was still on board and they brought Tony Scott. The story was more than decent (again, not that common for a sequel at that time).

I watched BHC1 again a month ago: It got old... still good though, but outdated.

UUGGHH.

I don't get it.

*shakes head and walks away*
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Ratner is a shitty director for the most part, but I genuinely loved After the Sunset.

Banned

I'm still waiting for Lethal Weapon 6 to come out.. or was it 5.. I don't remember.. whichever it was that was on the poster in the movie with Wesley Snipes and Sylvester Stallone, "Demolition Man"

Here, I don't agree. The second one a good sequel (not that common at that time). Bruckheimer was still on board and they brought Tony Scott. The story was more than decent (again, not that common for a sequel at that time).
    I've been interested in seeing it again, but only because Scott directed it, and i wasn't "into" <meaning i like about 70% of what he does> Scott's style at the time. I always thought he directed part 1 till a friend told me otherwise. Good sequels aren't really COMMON, but i see your point. I honestly don't remember what the plot even was. Drug dealers? probably......
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

Meeeeeeeh. At least if Jerry was producing it I might have given it a shot. No way he would have hired a director like Brett Ratner. The only good one as far as I'm concerned is the first one; it was a great mix between comedy and action. Part 2 is too much on an action film heavy on style but didn't have the charm nor the humor of the first one. The third one (which Jerry didn't produce) was like they thought the target audience was 10-year olds and did the movie after that.

Besides, BHC is so 80's. You can't match the same style or charm nowadays. You can't make movies like Top Gun 2, Ferris Bueller's Day Off 2 and Midnight Run 2 in 2008 without failing. So give it up...

Exclamation Beverly Hills Cop 4...

I think Michael Bay should swoop into the paramount office and demand to be the director so that we can have a kick a$$ version of Beverly Hills Cop that we need / deserve vs. a watered down pg-13 version we will probably get with Brett Ratner on board.

Would love to see a Bad Boys(2) esque feel on this film as that is still one of my favorite cop movie(s).

Cheers!

p.s. I heart Michael Bay

Default Re: Beverly Hills Cop 4...

but only if Jerry Bruckheimer is producing

Quote Originally Posted by threepm View Post
    I think Michael Bay should swoop into the paramount office and demand to be the director so that we can have a kick a$$ version of Beverly Hills Cop that we need / deserve vs. a watered down pg-13 version we will probably get with Brett Ratner on board.

Would love to see a Bad Boys(2) esque feel on this film as that is still one of my favorite cop movie(s).

Cheers!

p.s. I heart Michael Bay
    Bay shouldn't take sloppy seconds. Or fourths.

no, i don't think Bay shouldn't demand to direct BHC 4.

Ladiesman sums it up in his post for me.
    Last edited by r-type; 05-29-2008 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Bay shouldn't take sloppy seconds. Or fourths.
    I agree.

I liked the first one...but the sequels aren't all that great in my opinion.

But with Ratner at the helm...just...no....no....noooooooooooooo
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

Ratner is like 1 step above Uwe Boll, PT<Soldier, ResEvil trilogy> Anderson, or the reprehensible Renny Harlin in my book. Only because of Rush Hour 1,2, After The Sunset. I will never forgive him for breaking my heart with X3, a film i was anticipating far more than any lousy Matrix sequel or Star Wars prequel. Red Dragon? Skip it, the only Hannibal movie i'll ever re-watch is Silence of the Lambs, maybe Manhunter, but that's the 1 Mann film i was never nuts over, as Mann is easily my fav. director working today.
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

Ratner is like 1 step above Uwe Boll, PT<Soldier, ResEvil trilogy> Anderson, or the reprehensible Renny Harlin in my book. Only because of Rush Hour 1,2, After The Sunset. I will never forgive him for breaking my heart with X3, a film i was anticipating far more than any lousy Matrix sequel or Star Wars prequel. Red Dragon? Skip it, the only Hannibal movie i'll ever re-watch is Silence of the Lambs, maybe Manhunter, but that's the 1 Mann film i was never nuts over, as Mann is easily my fav. director working today.
    Oh my God, I feel the EXACT SAME WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

X3 absolutely PISSED ME OFF. I walked out of the theater. It. was. bad.

Another thing, after that Crazy Frog ringtone shit a couple of years back EVERYBODY hates the main Alex F theme!

Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    Another thing, after that Crazy Frog ringtone shit a couple of years back EVERYBODY hates the main Alex F theme!
    You leave Harold Faltermeyer out of this!!!!!!!!!!

In all honsety, I'd have to say my favorite director is Chris Nolan
    On Friday night in New York, a Comedian died...

Who watches the Watchmen?

Watchmen: 03/06/09
    -------------------------------------------

Name: Rorschach
    Affiliation: Highest bidder
    Alternate Mode: F/A-18E/F Super Hornet
    Height: 22.5'
    Max Speed: Mach 3
    Weapons:RPG Launcher; energy sword; AIM-9 Sidewinder Missles; EMP Grenades; concussion grenade; M61 Vulcan Canon; nuclear-tipped heatseeker tactical strike missles

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    YES!

Seconded.

Of course next to Michael Bay.

Oh my God, I feel the EXACT SAME WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

X3 absolutely PISSED ME OFF. I walked out of the theater. It. was. bad.
    Wait, so you never saw the end? I mean i was absolutley DYING to see it, until the gave Singer the finger and handed the film over to whoever was outside the studios that day begging for scraps.

Nolan? Nolan is really good, Memento being his best. Insomnia was good, but not great. BatBegins was very good, but not great, the 3rd act was a lil flawed, but it's easily my fav Bat film. Hopefully Dark Knight will be better, but damn, i ain't gettin my hopes up. Not anymore.

See, Batman '89 was my fav Batman movie, but Begins actually had a story, yknow, one with a character arc, a very belivable one at that. I'd say it's a close 2nd, i just LOVE the style of the film, i can't tell you how many times i've watched Batman 89 since it's release, but alas, never saw it in theatres.
    Last edited by Chemical Superfreak; 05-29-2008 at 10:40 PM.
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    He's up there in my top 3.

I don't have a specific order yet beyond number 1 haha. Michael Bay obviously being number 1, but I'm a HUGE fan of Chris Nolan and Bryan Singer

1. Kubrick
    2. Mann
    3. Paul <Magnolia> T. Anderson
    4. Spike Jonze
    5. David Fincher
    6. Bay? maybe

wait, it's Paul WS Anderson that did Res. Evil and Soldier right? I HATE that the 2 have such close names but WS couldn't dream of being in a league with PT.

I used to love Singer, until Superman Returns.......ugh.........
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

1. Kubrick
    2. Mann
    3. Paul <Magnolia> T. Anderson
    4. Spike Jonze
    5. David Fincher
    6. Bay? maybe

wait, it's Paul WS Anderson that did Res. Evil and Soldier right? I HATE that the 2 have such close names but WS couldn't dream of being in a league with PT.

I used to love Singer, until Superman Returns.......ugh.........
    I loved Superman Returns for what it was. He didn't go out to make an action-driven type of Superman film, but a character-driven type (IE X2: X-Men United).

Valkyrie looks awesome.