Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beverly Hills Cop 4?!!

Default Re: Beverly Hills Cop 4?!!

Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    You can argue that the BHC-franchise was ruined with Part 3 in 1994
    Don't remember it. Whats that tell ya'?

Quote Originally Posted by CJP View Post
    Red Dragon was pretty good. I'd even have to say better than Michael Mann's take on it. That's saying a lot since I am a huge fan of MM work.
    THEMS FIGHTIN WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ratner can go ahead and ruin this franchise. They did that plenty with the third.

Ratner actually manages to make Paul W.S. Anderson look like Kubrick, and that's saying something.

Uh, yea, Manhunter is very much better than Red Dragon. I didn't hate RD, it's probably my fav Rat film,Norton and Hopkins do next to no wrong, but i just can't endorse anything Rat does over Mann, just the principle of it all.

BHC2 was horrible, i don't understand this appreciation for it at all. Guess i need to see it again.....
    Last edited by Chemical Superfreak; 06-05-2008 at 05:05 PM.
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

Eddie coming to his senses?! I hope so.

Link

Eddie Murphy Retiring? Dismisses Beverly Hills Cop 4. Also: Brett Ratner Talks “Hard Core R”

Posted on Monday, June 30th, 2008 at 5:54 pm by: Hunter Stephenson

We all know that Eddie Murphy will end up on screen again—whether as a jivin’ animal, an obese person near a pool, in a third sequel to June ’09’s awful-sounding NowhereLand, or (hail mary) Inglorious Bastards. But the man who made Buckwheat even bunnier just announced to Extra (classy) that he’s throwing in the towel when it comes to feature films…
    “I have close to 50 movies and it’s like, why am I in the movies?” he said, adding, “I’ve done that part now. I’ll go back to the stage and do standup.”
    All for it. A (hypothetical) HBO-special with a rowdy blessing from Chris Rock is just what the guy needs. But what about Murphy’s planned Beverly Hills Cop 4 with Brett Ratner and a poor guy dressed up as “PG” who’s contractually obligated to wave and wave…
    Murphy, 47, said that while a “Beverly Hills Cop 4″ flick was in the works, he didn’t want to do it, because “the movie wasn’t ready to be done.”
    But will he still put on his Axel Foley body suit anyhow? Murphy’s tiny alien family comedy, Meet Dave (above), opens and possibly flops on July 11th, and he’s currently filming A Thousand Words with Brian Robbins, who directed Meet Dave and Norbit and, uh, Good Burger and The Show concert film with Biggie Smalls. Yeah, it’s probably hopeless, unless there’s a Rosetta Stone for the F-word. Oh yeah, it’s called Eddie Murphy Raw. Hopeless.

Talking Re: Beverly Hills Cop 4?!!

Quote Originally Posted by halofan1 View Post
    THEMS FIGHTIN WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ratner can go ahead and ruin this franchise. They did that plenty with the third.

Ratner actually manages to make Paul W.S. Anderson look like Kubrick, and that's saying something.
    I will go along with that. Anderson just tanks any idea that is given to him. Why do people still give him money to make films? Does he actually turn a profit???

Ok, Manhunter is not Mann's best work, by far. Thief was great, with no Miami Vice looks to it. But it looks like Mann tried to take the book Red Dragon and cram it into his Miami Vice style. Way to trendy of a look for the subject matter. I still like the film, and will always prefer Mann over Ratner any day, but I think Red Dragon is a much better effort. There are some great actors in Manhunter. However, the cast for Red Dragon was mind blowing. If Michael Mann directed Red Dragon today, with how his style has changed, I think it would be much better.

Oh, and yes, I did take off my glove and touch her!

Casey
    To The Battlefield and Back:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfdm1oon5mU

Eddie Murphy = not funny anymore. Please retire the family Murphy. Go back to SNL Murphy FFS!