Thread: Transformers on Blu-ray on 09/02/08?

Question Transformers on Blu-ray on 09/02/08?

Is this news true? and will it be exactly the same as the HD DVD version Michael Bay was not comfortable with? Did Paramount forget again to ask Michael's approval or will there be an "aproved by M. Bay" version in the following months?

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tra...-Answered/9692

Or maybe this news is just crap and we'll get a maxed out 50Gb Blu-ray with full PCM and an awesome codec and not the "similar to the HD DVD version" this articles announces ...

Banned

Default Re: Transformers on Blu-ray on 09/02/08?

Well, it stated it would be similar to the HD DVD, but not the same. Also found it on blu-ray.com here. But I couldn't find any official word on the sonypictures.com website about it.

According to The Digital Bits it will be getting a new encode optimized for Blu-ray, supervised by Michael Bay.

All the video extras will be in full HD. Get this... audio will be available in Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Plus 5.1, Dolby TrueHD 5.1 AND Uncompressed PCM 5.1. Again, we're told that the film itself also has a new video encode, optimized for Blu-ray, supervised by Bay himself. Nice. We'll post more details and artwork as they come in from the studio.

Well I for one couldn't me any more excited for this release. To hear it in uncompressed 5.1 24-bit/48kHz PCM, the way it was heard in the mixing booth, with a video encode better than all other versions currently released? This is the type of stuff Blu-ray is made for. I'm very glad Michael is involved as it is his movie and I'm sure this will be the way it was meant to be released last October.

Congrats to Paramount for finally getting it right.

There's a whole lot of numbers and abbreviations in that post, but i think it means it's something to get excited over. Soon enough i'll have my 47" 1080p LCD tv/PS3 blu-ray and monster cables......before Sept. too!
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

The second of September? My birthday will be around the corner at that time so that's perfect for me!

Yes, this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Superfreak View Post
    There's a whole lot of numbers and abbreviations in that post, but i think it means it's something to get excited over. Soon enough i'll have my 47" 1080p LCD tv/PS3 blu-ray and monster cables......before Sept. too!
    If you haven't already bought your cables, I would strongly advise saving your money and staying well away from Monster.

They make good products, but they're a marketing company first and foremost and as such their products are WAYYYY over-priced.

If your getting HDMI cables, which I presume you will, please consider ordering them from www.monoprice.com - for a black HDMI 1.3 cable at 10ft. you shouldn't be paying more than $10/piece. HDMI is digital, so it's zeroes and ones. At distances of under 25ft it either works or it doesn't and there have been countless studies that have proved that a $5 cable works EXACTLY the same as a $500 cable.

The HDMI 1.3 10ft in black is here - http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

It's $4.58 for 1, or if you have an HDMI-capable receiver and you need more than one for quantities of 2-5 they're $4.42/each.

May I ask why at that size you've chosed LCD over the superior performing plasma technology? For 46" you can get a new 1080p Panasonic plasma which outperforms any LCD on the market for motion resolution, contrast and black levels for $1,729.99 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Vier...2063437&sr=8-1

The 50" is $1,850.

Because i can get my tv for less than 1400. I don't see plasmas anywhere honestly, only lcds. I hear plasmas need replace after 5 years. Heres the thing, you can sit here all day and tell me that plasma is better, while someone else can tell me lcd is better. At the end of the day, it's my choice. Thanks for your help with the cables though. I knew monster was overpriced but i hadn't really looked at all my options yet CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY I CAN'T SEPERATE MY SENTENCES WITH THE "ENTER" BUTTON. I CAN'T USE ANY OF THE "QUOTE" KEYS OR ANY OF THEM WHEN I MAKE A POST. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT, THE MODS WON'T REPLY.
    Last edited by Chemical Superfreak; 05-29-2008 at 07:36 AM.
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

I posted a confirmation in the Transformers forum before I saw this, my apologies for the double post.

Banned

Because i can get my tv for less than 1400. I don't see plasmas anywhere honestly, only lcds. I hear plasmas need replace after 5 years. Heres the thing, you can sit here all day and tell me that plasma is better, while someone else can tell me lcd is better. At the end of the day, it's my choice. Thanks for your help with the cables though. I knew monster was overpriced but i hadn't really looked at all my options yet CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY I CAN'T SEPERATE MY SENTENCES WITH THE "ENTER" BUTTON. I CAN'T USE ANY OF THE "QUOTE" KEYS OR ANY OF THEM WHEN I MAKE A POST. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT, THE MODS WON'T REPLY.
    since this forum is based off of a version of html called vB code, you have to place a "Break" command at times. You SHOULD be able to just hit enter to break up paragraphs, but if you are using any vB coding then you may need to enter [ and then / and then br and then ] to break it up. I don't know if you have some other type of coding in your paragraph but you may want to check your options as to how you've got your paragraphs set up to be typed out as.

thank you for your help. Here on my parent's comp., it works fine, on my PC it won't work at all. I dunno what options i'd have to even check, bc i've tried and can't find anything in the user options.
    My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

Will there be a gag reel on this edition?

Movies don't include enough of these in their video releases!

Banned

thank you for your help. Here on my parent's comp., it works fine, on my PC it won't work at all. I dunno what options i'd have to even check, bc i've tried and can't find anything in the user options.
    I know this thread kinda went to the side and all... but... I wonder.. do you have your "Insert" key pressed down? I know sometimes that can influence it.

I hear plasmas need replace after 5 years.
    It's a shame that this sort of information is still rampant on the internet.

Here are a few articles that are great reads. The first one is a shoot-out between the new LED-based LCD set from Samsung and a Pioneer plasma. The LED with “smart dimming” certainly leaves most of its LCD competitors in the dust, but when put up against a good plasma, it’s game over for the LED.
    http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/features/779/plasma-vs-lcd-round-ii.html

The second article is a bigger shoot-out between LCD, LCos, plasma and DLP. There are seven sets tested altogether.

http://www.hometheatermag.com/lcds/208hdface/

These are the seven sets tested:
    • Samsung HL-T6187S LED DLP RPTV
    • Sharp LC-52D64U LCD HDTV
    • JVC LT-47X898 LCD HDTV
    • Mitsubishi WD-57833 DLP RPTV
    • Sony KDS-60A3000 SXRD HDTV
    • Panasonic TH-50PZ750 Plasma HDTV
    • Pioneer PDP-5080HD Plasma HDTV

Now the Pioneer won this match-up, but it was both the Pioneer and Panasonic plasmas that were rated as being in a league of their own over the other sets. You can read all the opinions on the last page of the article. Here are some highlights:

But there was no doubt about it—plasma is king.
    ~David Birch-Jones

Deep blacks and a viewing angle that allows more than one viewer to watch are big sellers for me, which explains why I was drawn to both the Pioneer and the Panasonic. Go with either, and you'll be happy.
    ~John Higgins

I kept going back and forth between the two plasmas: Pioneer and Panasonic. I knew they both looked the most natural and pleasing to me, with excellent blacks as well. I couldn't decide which I preferred.
    ~Maureen Jensen

So the key strengths or plasma are; realism, blacks, motion resolution and colour accuracy. You may hear a lot that people with bright rooms or uncontrolled lighting will want to avoid plasma, but to quote one of the main reviewers of televisions from the HD Guru website:

So why are consumers passing on better performing plasma TVs and spending more money (per inch screen size) for poorer performing large screen LCDs? Because they produce brighter pictures and consumers mistakenly believe “brighter is better.” However, unless one lives in a retail showroom or has set up an ultra-bright, high ambient light viewing environment that mimics a showroom, the HD Guru™ cannot understand why anyone would pay more to buy a top-rated LCD set when a less expensive top-rated plasma set will outperform it while still providing up to three times more light output than necessary in any typical home environment.

Of course it's your choice - I'm just trying to keep it real.
    =D

You can get a 1080p 42" Panny for $1100 - http://www.plasmabay.com/product.htm...p=PANTH42PZ80U
    Last edited by dobyblue; 06-02-2008 at 04:04 PM.

Banned

And yet theres no picture of the plasma tv...........

It's still 1129 times more expensive than my 29 inch regular tv encased in the wood that sits on the floor. Even when I bought my 19 inch tv, these HDTV's are about 6 times the amount. It's just really expensive. If I could get a 1080 p 42 inch tv for around $500 to $600 I'd be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    And yet theres no picture of the plasma tv...........
    I don't understand?
    It's still 1129 times more expensive than my 29 inch regular tv encased in the wood that sits on the floor. Even when I bought my 19 inch tv, these HDTV's are about 6 times the amount. It's just really expensive. If I could get a 1080 p 42 inch tv for around $500 to $600 I'd be happy
    Then I'd suggest you wait a little longer or consider a small sized 720p.

How can $1,100 be 1129 times more expensive than anything else? Did someone give YOU money to take the 29"?

"FROM DIRECTOR MICHAEL BAY AND EXECUTIVE PRODUCER STEVEN SPIELBERG COMES THE HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED BLU-RAY RELEASE OF THE BLOCKBUSTER HIT

TRANSFORMERS

Arriving September 2, DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount’s #1 DVD Release of 2007 With Immersive Experiences for Fans of All Ages

HOLLYWOOD, CALIF. – TRANSFORMERS, the $700+ million smash hit from DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, in association with Hasbro, rolls out in a fully-loaded, two-disc Blu-ray presentation on September 2, giving fans the chance to discover that there’s definitely “More Than Meets The Eye” to the legendary AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS. The highly-anticipated release is Paramount Home Entertainment’s first to incorporate BD Live capabilities.

The massive production exploded onto screens last year from the creative minds of director Michael Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg, taking audiences by storm and becoming the top-selling DVD of 2007. The first live-action film based on the enduringly popular “robots in disguise”, TRANSFORMERS features the ultimate battle between good and evil, as the peace-loving AUTOBOTS seek to protect humanity from the evil forces of the DECEPTICONS. The action-packed film stars Shia LaBeouf (Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull), Josh Duhamel (“Las Vegas”), Tyrese Gibson (Four Brothers) and Megan Fox (“Hope & Faith”, as well as seasoned performers such as Jon Voight (National Treasure) and John Turturro (The Good Shepherd). Still, the biggest stars are the TRANSFORMERS robots themselves – including fan favorites OPTIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON, BUMBLEBEE, RATCHET, JAZZ and more – brought to life by revolutionary VFX techniques developed by the innovative digital wizards at Industrial Light & Magic (ILM).

The TRANSFORMERS Blu-ray presentation offers consumers an incredible movie experience, packed full of bonus material that delivers excitement and fun for long-time fans, as well as for viewers who are new to the TRANSFORMERS universe. Among the extensive special features, viewers can access commentary from director Michael Bay along with two documentaries that provide an in-depth look at the human elements of the film as well as the phenomenal robot stars. Presented in multiple parts, “Our World” and “Their War” include segments with Steven Spielberg discussing his love for the franchise and the early concept for the movie. The segments also cover the extensive casting process, the training, consultants and real-world weapons provided by the military to lend authenticity to the film, the evolution of the robots from Hasbro’s iconic toy line to big-screen stars, the unique vehicles created for the movie, a discussion with ILM’s legendary digital artists and much more.

The discs go even further behind-the-scenes with early sketch concepts of the robots and an in-depth look at the making of the SKORPONOK attack from writing and conceptualization through the creation of the stunning visual effects.

Out-Of-This World High-Def Content:

In addition to superior picture, sound and bonus material presented in high definition, the Blu-ray presentation provides consumers with sensational BD-Live features, allowing for compelling experiences around the film and the opportunity to maintain engagement with fans. Features include a TRANSFORMERS Intelligence Mode in which an on-screen dashboard over the film provides information about the robots and weapons, their strength levels, character updates, a GPS Locator and more. The TRANSFORMERS Profiler can be activated at any time during the film and allows viewers to access detailed information about the cast, voice talent and filmmakers including biographies and filmographies, as well as extensive production notes on the movie itself. The Menubots can be downloaded through BD-Live and give fans the option to customize their in-movie menus with Optimus Prime, Megatron or Bumblebee themes.

Additional on-disc features include the TRANSFORMERS H.U.D. (Heads Up Display), which lets viewers access running text commentary while watching the film and even view relevant behind-the-scenes footage in a picture-in-picture window; and the Tech Inspector, which delivers 360 detailed, high definition views of the heads, torsos and bases of six of the TRANSFORMERS with rotational capabilities.

TRANSFORMERS BLU-RAY

The Blu-ray disc is presented in 1080p High Definition with English in Dolby True HD, and French and Spanish versions in 5.1 Dolby Digital. The TRANSFORMERS Blu-ray includes the following special features:

Disc 1:

- Feature film

- Commentary by Director Michael Bay

- TRANSFORMERS H.U.D. (Heads Up Display)—In this mode, viewers can access running text-based behind-the-scenes background information on the production during the feature. Users can also watch relevant picture-in-picture b-roll and video with Bay, Spielberg and other filmmakers during select sequences.

- BD-Live Features: TRANSFORMERS Intelligence Mode, Menubots, TRANSFORMERS Profiler

Disc 2:

OUR WORLD

- The Story Sparks - Steven Spielberg discusses his love for the franchise and early concept art for the film. Explores how the writers adapted the cartoon into a live-action movie and why Michael Bay is the perfect director for the film.

- Human Allies - A look at how the actors were selected and their experiences on the set.

-I Fight Giant Robots - An exploration of the military training that Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson underwent for their roles and the various stunts that the actors were asked to perform.

-Battleground - A piece on the senior officials from the Department of Defense and Air Force who consulted on the film to give it authenticity and the key locations that the U.S. government provided access to.

THEIR WAR

- Rise of the Robots - Explores the interaction between Hasbro designers and Michael Bay to bring the toy line roaring to life.

- AUTOBOTS Roll Out - Michael Bay discusses working with Chevy and its designers and the modifications that were made to the cars seen in the film.

- DECEPTICONS Strike - The film’s military advisors discuss the “toys” they allowed the production to borrow: F-22 Raptors, Ospreys and A-10 Warthogs.

- Inside the AllSpark - ILM’s digital artists discuss the challenges of bringing the TRANSFORMERS to life.

- TRANSFORMERS Tech Inspector - Gives viewers an unprecedented look at the TRANSFORMERS robots through the exquisitely detailed models created by ILM artists. Users can zoom in on each detail for a closer examination and pause and change the rotation of the models.

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

- From Script to Sand: The SKORPONOK Desert Attack - An in-depth look at the making of this particularly epic and challenging scene from initial storyboarding through production and visual effects.

- Concepts - Early sketch concepts of the robots.

- Theatrical Trailers

Synopsis:

From director Michael Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg comes a thrilling battle between the AUTOBOTS and the DECEPTICONS. When their epic struggle comes to Earth, all that stands between the evil DECEPTICONS and ultimate power is a clue held by Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf). Join the fight for mankind in the extraordinary adventure that “features some of the most spectacular action and effects sequences of any movie of its kind and will appeal to the kid in all of us” (Claudia Puig, USA Today)
    ."

My Fav Bay -
    1. The Rock
    2. Bad Boys 2
    3. Transformers
    4. Bad Boys
    5. The Island
    6. Armageddon
    7. Pearl Harbor

what would be totally sweet is if they included a teaser to TF2 on the Blu-Ray release

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    I don't understand?

Then I'd suggest you wait a little longer or consider a small sized 720p.

How can $1,100 be 1129 times more expensive than anything else? Did someone give YOU money to take the 29"?
    My apologies.. the HDTV link you provided is $1119 not $1129 and not $1100 so therefore its 1119 times more expensive than my tv.

You make no sense.

In regards to Chemical's post w/ the BluRay details....

Besides the "new" Bay-approved remastering & a True HD track, it appears to be the same as the HD DVD edition. Certainly the same bonus material. DOubt it'll LOOK any different, but it'll have "better" audio options.

Not that that's bad. Say what you will about the format, the TRANSFORMERS HD DVD was a pretty awesome package, with all HD bonus material.

BD Live stuff is IDENTICAL to the HDi stuff on the HD DVD. Just porting it to Java, it seems.

Blu/Bay fans who held out will be pleased. Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post
    In regards to Chemical's post w/ the BluRay details....

Besides the "new" Bay-approved remastering & a True HD track, it appears to be the same as the HD DVD edition. Certainly the same bonus material. DOubt it'll LOOK any different, but it'll have "better" audio options.

Not that that's bad. Say what you will about the format, the TRANSFORMERS HD DVD was a pretty awesome package, with all HD bonus material.

BD Live stuff is IDENTICAL to the HDi stuff on the HD DVD. Just porting it to Java, it seems.

Blu/Bay fans who held out will be pleased. Enjoy!!
    It might not look different on a 32" HDTV, but when you're screening it on a 100" screen you'll see the differences a re-encode will deliver.