Thread: Toys of Today vs Yesteryear: A tie in with Weight?!

Exclamation Toys of Today vs Yesteryear: A tie in with Weight?!

Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post
    Lets see I had early on:
    Lots of good stuff. It started ending when around the time most good Saturday cartoons were on the WB and WB got canceled. Now 90% is Anime Style. Sorry but we need our own influence stuff out there. Bring back even the New G.I.Joe as it was called.

Yea most ids sitg on the Pooter and eat cheetos and get as fat as their parents... not even exercise. When I was a kid I remember advertisements for the Newest Nerf gun (Eleminator or something 6 guns in 1) it inspired kids to get out and active. Remember the lazer tag stuff? I had those and my friends did too. Wierd eh? Imagine that toys today are also less focused on expanding the imagination and the physical health and more about just distractions and babysitting in a box. Not to mention the all mighty dollar....

I could go on and on about this. Ima start a new thread rather than hijack this one...
    **LONG POST PLEASE READ ITS NOT RANTING**
    That was my post from a previous thread, but weigh in on it.

Think about everything from how everything has gotten more centralized around a computer. And Kidults... the 8 year olds with cell phones.. Dude, that is too much. Not only are we breeding a nation of over expecting children who will grow into pompous adults wanting the world on a platter and will either go to college and cheat their way to a good degree or most likely drop out and live off of rich daddy for a hell ova long time. That aside look at how it starts:
    Toys are more focused on keeping kids in doors
    Electronics are more accessible and the world is a click
    away
    Even at colleges not to mention Elementary school PE is
    being done away with; so is recess. It all is because
    of trying to crunch the budget or put more time into
    keeping the slower kids up with those who are
    already on top. So do we dumb down the tests to
    pass the dumber ones, or take away a FULL
    educational experience from those who do get the
    learning part and just need a little phys ed.

So we have the beginning of Phys Education being done away with because of obesity to begin with. And doge ball being a game that is discriminating. Thats like banning basketball because of guys being taller. And jumping rope w/o a rope... DAMN! This is crazy. Sorry is it the toys, electronics, parents, society in general. You see Kidults, Spoiled 10 year olds, Rich parents who did w/o and give their ids everything, and all b/c of a popularity contest?

Someone just weigh in and give your two cents. This is a big issue in America. Most of us are of the age we are going to have kids and settle down in the next few years. So what do ya think, and how will you do your kids. Or Be honest, are you one of the over weight people who don't want to look at it? Just be honest. Str8 talk in this thread ONLY please. No Censorship and honesty. About your weight social class and stance on this issue.

Me I am 6'5 195 lbs, Father who is dead but was an Anesthesiologist. Was popular in high school, but had nothing handed to me because of how my dad was raised he made us work for what we have. I even bought my first truck from him. His old truck 85 ford I got in 2000. So I was always provided for but anything extra I had to work my ass off for. I work out, I played indoors as a kid, but with my toys (imagination as a kid is best acting training ever), but I went outside and gamed with the neighborhood playing laser tag. I am an actor with a law degree now at 22, and was very privileged, but after my father died I was left with debt that I had to use to pay off with my money made at MTV. So I went from one economic class to another over night. It's what has made me take such a look at both sides in the past 4-6 years. It is a wake up call to go from one change to another. Especially extreme changes in money. This is even a political issue. No one wants to be the one to say WE ARE FAT, and then say why. It's not McDonalds, It's not Saturated fats, it's life style. No one in America wants to admit it. Or doesn't want to say it out loud.

So just look at things and talk honestly. Give your background first before you state your opinion so we know where you stand and your perspective, because perspective is EVERYTHING in this life. Please speak as honestly and as on topic as you can about todays kids and what makes them and adults as fat or lazy as they are. So just jump in this is one of the most important topics facing us for the future that we are staring down the barrell of now. It's too late to hit the stop button, but I felt like discussing this with some guys from different countries/backgrounds/ and statuses. So have at it fellas and Enjoy!
    Last edited by xXRavenXx; 10-09-2007 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

Loss of imagination.
    No patience.
    The evil underbelly of media and advertising.

This is my opinion; I blame babyboomers mostly. They control just about everything now. My generation is struggling to raise kids the way they raised us and now the hypocrites are changing the rules about everything. When they finally retire or die off the world will be different, might be better might be worse but I guarantee we'll now what to do about it. It wont be all about money and we will actually want to live, in peace, to co-exist on Earth like it was intended to be.

A song really sums it up for the problems that plaque us. Its called "Graffiti The World" by Rehab. Here's the first verse;

You know they say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
    So vengeful, and mother Earth has been done wrong
    And I think she sick, yo, she's pukin' up lava
    Her nerves tremble along fault lines ready to drop
    An entire city of filth that's been forced upon her
    We built these towers of Babylon and feel remorse for nadda
    The momma divorced the father, the children are dropping bottles
    The rich get richer, poverty's hot under the collar
    Takin' prayer out of schools and we tryin' to raise scholars
    Creationism versus the theory of evolution
    Air, water and mind, body and soul pollution
    Kids steppin' on landmines, from wars we all losin'
    We chasin' false idols and racin' from our bibles
    The golden rule, the youth are becoming more suicidal
    Who teachers 'em, you and I do, no wonder they wanna fight you
    Raised by hipocrits you've been lied to
    Last edited by Devastator; 10-10-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Well man I keep going back to the clause in the constitution that says we have the right to form a new government. I'm a pretty political guy, and from senior year on it's been hell. I just wanna live, not exist, live...
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**