Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: How do you think the next one will go?

  1. #1

    Thumbs up Transformers 2 - How do YOU think it will go?

    TRANSFORMERS 2
    a Michael Bay film
    From what I read, ppl say the sequal always sucks from the original

    I also read that there are 3 script writers instead of 2 (2 which the first tf 2007 had, ppl said the script suked for the original)-now ppl are saying their gonna do even worse, with 1 more writter.
    but i think this movie is gonna be better, 1 more writter is more brain power,=better script which = better storyline? but they could go outa hand and screw up, but you never know

    also i heard that tf2 is being rushed dunno what will happen with that. lets hope its still gonna be awsome (some movie called "war for the souls"-not sure if thats the rite title- is said to be made from the director michael bay for 2012, maybe thats why?)

    im sure director bay is pretty dam busy with tf2, i wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt come on the forums for a while.

    ***note that these are only ideas/thoughts, doesnt mean they will actualy take place in tf2, also if you ask michael bay to put some of your ideas in, like adding certain robots and crp, dont get excited, he probly doenst have time to read all you ppl's great ideas. afterall, he does have a great mind, he could obviously have better ideas(also steven speilburgs)

    lets just hope tf2 will be another big hit. All the crew members, cast, director bay and executive producer steven deserve every last penny for the first.

    Tell me how you think Transformers 2 will turnout?
    Last edited by bayisthewaytogo; 10-09-2007 at 10:24 PM.
    Congratulations!
    You are the 1,000,000 member to view this quote!
    Press the Back button to receive your price now!


    *participation required

  2. #2
    Senior Member Galvatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle,Washington USA
    Posts
    462

    Default

    I think Transformers 2 will be just as good if not better so long as they do not rush things!

    I'd rather wait another year or until after the strikes are over than have it rushed into production and have it suck.

    Time will tell.
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    I think Transformers 2 will be just as good if not better so long as they do not rush things!

    I'd rather wait another year or until after the strikes are over than have it rushed into production and have it suck.

    Time will tell.

    I agree, but I feel like they're doing just that: rushing it before the strike.

  4. #4

    Default

    I agree also as long as they don't rush it I don't see how it can be worse then the 1St one. They have proven to themselves and to the world that they can do this once, I'm sure they can do it a again. As for who writing it, I like who they added. Anywho I'm buying the score to the movie this week. Can't wait

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndoraStorm View Post
    Anywho I'm buying the score to the movie this week. Can't wait
    what do you mean your buying "the score to the movie"
    what is that? i mean i know im buying the dvd, but wtf is the score?
    Congratulations!
    You are the 1,000,000 member to view this quote!
    Press the Back button to receive your price now!


    *participation required

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bayisthewaytogo View Post
    what do you mean your buying "the score to the movie"
    what is that? i mean i know im buying the dvd, but wtf is the score?

    The music. CD comes out tomorrow.

  7. #7

    Default

    o ok
    i see..
    Congratulations!
    You are the 1,000,000 member to view this quote!
    Press the Back button to receive your price now!


    *participation required

  8. #8

    Default

    More writers isn't necessarily a good thing, it can end up in too many ideas (even good ones) being watered down in order to fit in everyones input. Ofcourse this isn't definate, it oculd make it better, time will tell.

    In simple terms it is like this...

    If they rush it, it will probably be a let down...i mean not necessarily bad, but not the marked improvement this film COULD be. If they take their time, do it right, it has almost limitless potential to be HUGE!

  9. #9
    Senior Member darthrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    I never thought Bad Boys 2 was a bad movie. It was freaking awesome and excelled in the action department when compared to the original.

    This is how I feel TF2 will be. It will excel dramatically in the visual department and THAT is awesome!

  10. #10
    Senior Member uraydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood, SC
    Posts
    4,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devonnewberry View Post
    The music. CD comes out tomorrow.
    more precisely, it is the instrumental music. this does not include songs like "What I've Done" by Linkin Park (end credits), and "Pretty Handsome Awkward" by the Used (Bumblebee chase).
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

  11. #11

    Default

    personally I am optimistic about the sequel because its the same writers. And even if they are rushed, these writers come from a TV background and work well under pressure and under deadline. I am confident they will bust out a solid script and i'm also confident that even if they let a few bad things slip (everybody does, nobody's perfect) i cant really see to much getting past Bay or Spielberg. I mean, that is just one solid ass team of great story tellers right there. They arenít your typical studio exec or producer of the month that has money but really donít know the art of story at its core. I'm really excited for the sequel.

  12. #12
    Senior Member alexsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Asturias, Spain
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    Hope they don't make an X-Men Last Stand (the character acumulation doesn't make a good movie) or Spiderman 3 (subplots acumulation doesn't make a good movie).

    I also think they should have a "more present" (don't know if it's well written) villian. Megatron was fine, but he only appeared really at the end.

    And they should try to give more pain to the main characters. You know..."no sacrifice, no victory", but at the end only one autobot died and no human character with dialogue lines did. Killing main characters always adds emotion.

  13. #13
    Senior Member brAnd7onX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    395

    Default

    what if there rushing it before the strike because their not sure how long the strike will last? what if the strike is more than one year? WERE SCREWED!

    p.s. i wish i wouldve had my score sent express mail or 2day/priority because I cant wait any longer!

  14. #14
    Senior Member bliss81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sydney Australia and Vancouver BC
    Posts
    164

    Default

    i personally feel that the first movie w/o Orci and Kurtzman the first movie would have absolutely NO source material nods. why i say that? b/c Bay in his interviews seems not to care about how the designs really looked like in comparison to the cartoon/comic series and therefore perhaps didn't care about any dialogue that was used from the original series. i was able to appreciate the first movie regardless of the designs b/c Orci and Kurtzman put many g1 nods in there. cometformers, allspark? yeah, not a big fan also, but not sure if they were the ideas of orci and kurtzman to begin with. i think this time around, Orci and Kurtzman will have more flexibility and perhaps more freedom to put more original TF mythos into the movie. As for Kruger, he may not have the track record people are looking for (Scream and Ring?) but according to Don, he is very amazing as seen when he wrote Torso for Don. best of luck for all three of them. More Transformers Ideas and less outside sources.
    besides the storyline, i think we can all expect Bay to do a good job with the action since he has a bigger budget for this one.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Mech_1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    I'm hoping the sequel will have more dialog with the decepticons plotting their tactics. Missing out on the character development for them was one of the biggest flaws in TF1 in my opinion.

    I still loved that movie and would be very satisfied if the second one was as good as the first.


    Based on sequel trends, and how this movie is definitely being rushed (or at least it appears so)...
    TF1 8.0 of 10.0 (was a 9.0 until I saw G1 Episodes for the first time)
    TF2 (prediction) 7.0-7.5 of 10.0 Hope I'm wrong

  16. #16
    Senior Member Galvatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle,Washington USA
    Posts
    462

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss81 View Post
    i personally feel that the first movie w/o Orci and Kurtzman the first movie would have absolutely NO source material nods. why i say that? b/c Bay in his interviews seems not to care about how the designs really looked like in comparison to the cartoon/comic series and therefore perhaps didn't care about any dialogue that was used from the original series. i was able to appreciate the first movie regardless of the designs b/c Orci and Kurtzman put many g1 nods in there. cometformers, allspark? yeah, not a big fan also, but not sure if they were the ideas of orci and kurtzman to begin with. i think this time around, Orci and Kurtzman will have more flexibility and perhaps more freedom to put more original TF mythos into the movie. As for Kruger, he may not have the track record people are looking for (Scream and Ring?) but according to Don, he is very amazing as seen when he wrote Torso for Don. best of luck for all three of them. More Transformers Ideas and less outside sources.
    besides the storyline, i think we can all expect Bay to do a good job with the action since he has a bigger budget for this one.
    By cometformers I presume you meant their protoforms ? those were placed in because the Nemesis ship that was wrote into the original script was removed due to budget concerns.

    and by less outside sources like fanwank ? Now you've just gone and completely contradicted yourself.
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

  17. #17
    Senior Member bliss81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sydney Australia and Vancouver BC
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    By cometformers I presume you meant their protoforms ? those were placed in because the Nemesis ship that was wrote into the original script was removed due to budget concerns.

    and by less outside sources like fanwank ? Now you've just gone and completely contradicted yourself.
    dude...cometformers is the term that has been used for the last year since. its just a term for those protoforms. you post anywhere else mentioning a cometformer and they'll know what it means. get out of your freakin box. i'm sure your a transformers fan, but if you never heard the term cometformers before, you obviously have never been around the TF forums for long. here is another one for you. shitscream. obviously i'm talking about starscream, but he since he looks like shit in the movie, many people call him shitscream. its the same sort of term. so why won't you just back off of me, and stop criticizing everything i write. who has no life? the guy who spends all his time on a movie forum or the guy who criticizes the guy on the forums....

  18. #18
    Senior Member Galvatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Seattle,Washington USA
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bliss81 View Post
    dude...cometformers is the term that has been used for the last year since. its just a term for those protoforms. you post anywhere else mentioning a cometformer and they'll know what it means. get out of your freakin box. i'm sure your a transformers fan, but if you never heard the term cometformers before, you obviously have never been around the TF forums for long. here is another one for you. shitscream. obviously i'm talking about starscream, but he since he looks like shit in the movie, many people call him shitscream. its the same sort of term. so why won't you just back off of me, and stop criticizing everything i write. who has no life? the guy who spends all his time on a movie forum or the guy who criticizes the guy on the forums....
    As I said if you can't stand the heat then don't post here or elsewhere on public forums.

    Ignorance is bliss and by your screen name you are VERY blissful then and VERY ignorant as well !
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

  19. #19
    Senior Member darthrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    Gimme 2 scenes which feature robot on robot fights and also a really intense car chase in the tradition of Bad Boys 2 and I will be satisfied.

    Oh yeah, and some story elements to give an excuse for robots to duke it out and it should be good

    By the way, Protoforms sounds way better than Cometformers. Nobody refers to them as cometformers until those last few posts.
    Last edited by darthrage; 10-15-2007 at 06:22 PM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member OmarB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Yeah, I like the idea of having the Decepticons talking. I'm all for them being in their cave or lair or whatever just planning stuff, you know seeing how they can f*ck with Optimus next. Now real villain crap you know, like somebody slamming his fist into a table to punctuate the evil of the plan.

  21. #21

    Default

    LEt me put it to you this way, When I see a Bay movie, I expect to experience the movie second by second, when I see a high brow intelligent think piece movie, I expect to be challenged, I expect to be thinking hours after the movie is done. I don't know why geeks where whining about the first, its not a 'see it for the script!' movie. And that was fairly obvious. I expect the second one to be more or less like that, but with a better script now that they've introduced Transformers.

    I'm actually horribly picky about what movies I see really.

  22. #22
    Senior Member xAgonyxScenex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    2,172

    Default

    Well a lot of people have very high standards, and there is no reason not to have a very intelligent summer blockbuster, plus people find a reason to make big things out of small thing on the internet, and things tend to sound more vocal and serious then they really are. But at the same time a lot of people need to realize that there is fully room for popcorn action flicks, and no matter how vocal an internet forum board may be about Michael Bay, that's all it is, just the few thousand people who are active on boards.

    I think the box office receipts is an indication of what the general public thinks about Michael Bay.

    I think the next movie will be huge and do so much more an the box office. I didn't talk to one person who didnt love the movie. Guy or girl. I was in line at wal-mart at midnight picking up the dvd, and 2 gorgeous college girls were standing behind me, saw my dvd and started talking about how awesome it was and how they loved it. Overall i saw the movie with atleast 25 different people, not one person hated it.

    As for being picky about movies, that sucks.

  23. #23
    Senior Member megatron42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    some where on earth
    Posts
    6,888

    Default

    the sequal is better than the first, the second LOTR was better
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •