Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Cool ice sculpture!

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With your girlfriend in her bed :)
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Cool ice sculpture!

    Found this video on myspace, pretty cool.. except I dont' think the guy knew what he was talking about. He said it was Megatron, but it looks more like Optimus Prime.. what do you think?

    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=24894010

  2. #2
    Senior Member hautbasclair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Paris, FRANCE
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    Found this video on myspace, pretty cool.. except I dont' think the guy knew what he was talking about. He said it was Megatron, but it looks more like Optimus Prime.. what do you think?

    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=24894010
    That's Prime alright.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    Found this video on myspace, pretty cool.. except I dont' think the guy knew what he was talking about. He said it was Megatron, but it looks more like Optimus Prime.. what do you think?

    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=24894010

    yes, prime indeed. I don't think that he new G1 transformers all that well.
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

  4. #4
    Senior Member nightshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    definately optimus prime, but cool sculpture
    "Call me a traitor...I'm just collecting your victims..." Paramore Monster

  5. #5
    Administrator sora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,216

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    I wish there'd be a sculpture of Prime by Baccarat or Lalique somewhere.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    I wish there'd be a sculpture of Prime by Baccarat or Lalique somewhere.
    Actually sora, I was in a jewlery shop today, and I saw a crystal figurine of G1 Optimus Prime! I was like HOLY SH*T! I was gonna snap a photo, but the owner got mad and uh so yeah. It was like 3 inches or somthin..
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

  7. #7
    Administrator sora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,216

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Actually sora, I was in a jewlery shop today, and I saw a crystal figurine of G1 Optimus Prime! I was like HOLY SH*T! I was gonna snap a photo, but the owner got mad and uh so yeah. It was like 3 inches or somthin..
    Oh my.. Thanks, I must start a search!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With your girlfriend in her bed :)
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Actually sora, I was in a jewlery shop today, and I saw a crystal figurine of G1 Optimus Prime! I was like HOLY SH*T! I was gonna snap a photo, but the owner got mad and uh so yeah. It was like 3 inches or somthin..
    Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    Oh my.. Thanks, I must start a search!
    I've seen similar sculptures as well. I saw these other types of crystal like sculptures which had what looked like an engraving like sculpture of Optimus Prime inside of a solid square crystal object. Of course when you shine a light on to it, it sparkles all of the different colors of the rainbow. It was pretty cool actually. I couldn't remember what that type of art was called, if it was an actual sculpture, or prism, or .. something more along the lines of the idea of a hologram, but it was pretty cool looking.

  9. #9
    Administrator sora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,216

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    I've seen similar sculptures as well. I saw these other types of crystal like sculptures which had what looked like an engraving like sculpture of Optimus Prime inside of a solid square crystal object. Of course when you shine a light on to it, it sparkles all of the different colors of the rainbow. It was pretty cool actually. I couldn't remember what that type of art was called, if it was an actual sculpture, or prism, or .. something more along the lines of the idea of a hologram, but it was pretty cool looking.
    3D laser crystal!
    Yeah, it's customizable. You can choose any 3D images to engrave into the crystal object. It's quite a nice idea.

    Thus my room will be more Optimussy..

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With your girlfriend in her bed :)
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    3D laser crystal!
    Yeah, it's customizable. You can choose any 3D images to engrave into the crystal object. It's quite a nice idea.

    Thus my room will be more Optimussy..
    Yes!!! Thats it.. those 3d Laser crystal images were cool! I wish there were more of them!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    Yes!!! Thats it.. those 3d Laser crystal images were cool! I wish there were more of them!
    we have tons of them in our mall. (no optimus or any transformers though...)
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

  12. #12
    Senior Member TransformNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    Quote Originally Posted by nightshade View Post
    definately optimus prime, but cool sculpture
    You know... it looks more like Bumblebee to me.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With your girlfriend in her bed :)
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    we have tons of them in our mall. (no optimus or any transformers though...)
    Yeah? That sucks. I saw one about a month ago, and I haven't seen it since. I wish they'd make another one, since I didn't have the cash to pick it up that day. Most of them are related to sports teams, or Ford or Chevy cars, people dancing.. dogs.. etc..

  14. #14
    Member joeV31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Euless, Texas, United States, 108339615853282, Euless, Texas
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    Found this video on myspace, pretty cool.. except I dont' think the guy knew what he was talking about. He said it was Megatron, but it looks more like Optimus Prime.. what do you think?

    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=24894010

    Very impressive

  15. #15
    Senior Member Swift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: Cool ice sculpture!

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    Yeah? That sucks. I saw one about a month ago, and I haven't seen it since. I wish they'd make another one, since I didn't have the cash to pick it up that day. Most of them are related to sports teams, or Ford or Chevy cars, people dancing.. dogs.. etc..
    Yeah we have the same selection. Gawd, I got a ballerina last year from my aunt, and I was like WTF? Oohh yeah next year in november, I get to try ice sculpting!! Hmm...what should I carve? Anyone have any ideas???
    Mean, Green Sexy DEATH Machine!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •