Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robert Orci interview states Soundwave for TF2

Default Re: Robert Orci , Here we GO.........

And off the topic why was it that in "More tha Meets the Eye, Part 1" the Transformers had Earth vehicle parts on planet Cybertron 4 million years ago despite having Cybertronian alt modes? For example, Jazz, he had a Porsche bumber....on Cybertron....4 million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    True fan- noun- A title one gives themselves when trying to prove there opinion is the best, in regards to matters of fandom. Also, one can claim another to not be a true fan, for the same result. Lastly one can pressure people to change their views with the the threat of loosing their true fan title.

and if the comics where so much better than the cartoon, then why did Megatron still turn into a gun?

WOW, Ok I'm not trying to put a definition on fan, Wikipedia done that already, second, all i'm saying is if they where in to transformers as much as they claim, you know like saying they know what makes it special and they are part of this big fandom that transformers have , I would think if that was true ,and the fact that there writers they would have shown it first time around.Look at it from a sports stand point, you can't say your a bulls bears, lakers fan and only watch the games doing playoff, your not a fan your just have a favorite team.
    Last, Megatron was still a toy gun before comics before cartoons, Of all the toys they chose to be the leader, I guess looking at it, a gun is mans most powerful, dangerous and easy to get weapon, something so small can take the life of something as large as an elephant, it's every thing that speaks death and danger as well as in the wrong hands ( STARSCREAM, OTHER DECEPTICON) EVIL.....maybe that's why he was the main toy to have and the leader in comics and cartoon

Banned

Default Re: Robert Orci interview states Soundwave for TF2

True fan- noun- A title one gives themselves when trying to prove there opinion is the best, in regards to matters of fandom. Also, one can claim another to not be a true fan, for the same result. Lastly one can pressure people to change their views with the the threat of loosing their true fan title.

and if the comics where so much better than the cartoon, then why did Megatron still turn into a gun?
    Wow.. that sounds all too familiar. I don't how many times people have said to me.. "And you call yourself a Transformers fan", or, "And you call yourself a gamer". Bahhh

Quote Originally Posted by Beej View Post
    When Gene Roddenberry, the creator of Trek, made the first movie, frenzy doesn't begin to describe the fans, and threats of him not harming their most cherished memories. Yipes. It was his creation, and they threatened him on how to write the next installment?!!
    here's something worst. we just had editors day and the editor from DC or Marvel (I really couldn't see who was talking over everyones heads) said they got a dead squirrel in the mail, form some fan that wasn't happy with the some story or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by punkboy View Post
    Purist fans were calling for Lucas' head (and then some)...especially after Episodes I and II came out.
    Reminds me of Stephen King's Misery..

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    And off the topic why was it that in "More tha Meets the Eye, Part 1" the Transformers had Earth vehicle parts on planet Cybertron 4 million years ago despite having Cybertronian alt modes? For example, Jazz, he had a Porsche bumber....on Cybertron....4 million years ago.
    Don't mistake shortcuts for good story telling. He had a porsche bumper so they didn't have to change the character design.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Thank Goodness. I think we all knew in our hearts that Soundwave was going to be in TF2, but it is good to get some confirmation. Mr. Bay, whatever is being done with Soundwave, I know that it well be well thought-out and very cool looking. Good Job.
    All Hail Megatron!

i think that some people can agree with me that Soundwave's transformation into a cassette player as a toy was cool as hell. BUT most people really liked Soundwave when he's in robot mode. Seriously, who really wants Soundwave to be some variation of a piece of audio equipment. You'd probably see him transform once in the entire movie. If you want to see him in action, pray that he is something else more versatile like a vehicle.

dont get your expectation too high for the writers thats all I can say, they wrote mission impossible 3, if you liked that film ugh

Post Re: Robert Orci interview states Soundwave for TF2

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    What I'm getting sick of is all the emails of people asking for Welker to be in the sequel.

Don't they get it as to why he got passed up in the first movie?
    Agreed,Same here. I don't want Frank in TF sequel. His voice is not evil but respect less. And why all people want Frank in sequel? Did he voiced for Soundwave in G1?

guess this will put an end to people asking

Dear Bret,

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you have enjoyed my work and these shows over the years. Yes, you have discovered some great talent in the names you mention.

Now to your questions.

No, I have not been approached about doing Soundwave in the next "Transformers" movie and I doubt very much if I will. As to BotCon this year, I am not sure about that either ... you can see how much I know about these subjects ... not much help. I apologize but it is a little too early to have an answer for you. I will tell you this, if you do get a chance to go to BotCon look for Mark Evanier and any panels he might be doing. He is one of our writer-directors and always has a great group of fun and exquisite talent.
    Best Wishes,
    Frank (1/25/2008, 7:30:13 AM)
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

Exclamation Re: Robert Orci interview states Soundwave for TF2

Yet Another Misinformation