Thread: Actors perceptions

Default Actors perceptions

I've been in a fortunate position to meet 3 actors who have worked with Bay on various movies. The over-riding feeling that I have been left with is the enourmous enthusiasm they have when recalling their time on the set. Ethan Phillips commented on how much Bay loves actors, loves to get them to adlib & improvise, how he's extremely passionate about what he does. He mentioned that Bay is hard on his crew but only because he is so passionate and only if the crew are not doing whats required.

This was backed up by Morgan Shepphard. He said pretty much an identical thing about Bay and improvising. He recalled a story when they were on set and Bay asked him if he was fit, to which Morgan responded "Why?, We gonna fight?" Harry Humphries turned to Bay and said "Don't f*** with the Shepphards, I trained his son on Soldier of Fortune" Morgan has a great respect for Bay but didn't like having his scenes cut (he said this with a big smile and very tounge in cheek) He also said that Bay could probably do everyones job on the set better than they could, with the exception of the actors.

Mark Ryan was enormously respectful about Bay and seemed shocked when I commented that Bay gets stick regarding his movies and the way he treats crew. Ryan simply said "Anyone who criticises Bay about cameras, crew, really doesn't know what they're talking about" He recalled his time on set where the autobots are in the garden. A couple of the crew weren't really getting/understanding the shot. Bay had it all in his head, the shots, the moves, everything. Visual genius is how Ryan described Bay. He couldn't stop laughing when talking about the time he and Bay were in the editing room. He said Bay loves to joke but is also very committed, very passionate, he balances the 2 very well.

The statement that is so true though was when Mark said "When you have $150million on a movie, you don't mess about. You get on with the job cos thats what you are there to do" He also backed up what Morgan said about Bay being able to do the crews job. He said the crew love working with Bay, you don't work with the same director for over 15 years if you don't like the guy.

Being on various forums, sites, you read stories about Bay and its pretty clear that its mostly all crap. The actors have loved working with Bay, they love his energy and his enthusiasm, they feel he is extremely talented and you feel they would love to work with him again.

Just wanted to share that
    "To the Believer, no proof is necessary...To the non-Believer, no proof is possible."

Default Re: Actors perceptions

Hey, nice post, mate.

And seeing as how I haven't said this yet... welcome to the forums!

If he drove his people in the ground, he wouldn't be where he is today.
    View My Latest Video/Photo Work Here!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaseyJPorterOfficial

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Mike View Post
    Hey, nice post, mate.

And seeing as how I haven't said this yet... welcome to the forums!
    Thank you
    "To the Believer, no proof is necessary...To the non-Believer, no proof is possible."