Thread: Michael Bay documentary

Default Michael Bay documentary

Would anybody else like to see Michael Bay make a documentary? Some of the visuals/cinematography in documentaries are breathtaking. It would be cool if he found a great real life story and make a film about it.
    I've always defended Michael Bay against attacks that his films are full of stupid explosions, girls in underwear and mindless characters... but then he made Transformers 2 and I conceded...

Default Re: Michael Bay documentary

*cough* No.

Why not?
    I've always defended Michael Bay against attacks that his films are full of stupid explosions, girls in underwear and mindless characters... but then he made Transformers 2 and I conceded...

You're on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beej
    Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar
    What? You don't want to conk him on the head, stuff him in a box and ship him out to Casey so they could cover the war together, buddy-comedy style?

AR
    I dare you to post that, and then I'll respond accordingly.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    What? You don't want to conk him on the head, stuff him in a box and ship him out to Casey so they could cover the war together, buddy-comedy style?

AR
    "Red rover, red rover, send Bay right over?" I'm thinking no. Such an event might just be a the last bit of too much testosterone for Iraq to handle -- it'd implode, and that part of the world has too many problems as is.

EDIT: Oh dear, looks like that part of the world is in for some implosions... or something: Paramount-DreamWorks has inked with the Jordanian Royal Film Commission to film “Transformers 2” in the country

Question is Red, will Paramount be conking him on the head? I think not. Dragging him up the plane's steps with golden handcuffs more likely.
    Last edited by Beej; 05-15-2008 at 04:02 PM.

I think they should write a biography...but if they want to make a documentary, whatever.
    http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l...ransform02.png

Starscream
    Decepticon Second in Command
    F-22 Raptor
    31 feet 2 inches
    Streak
    Autobot
    Ferrari California GT convertible (blue in color)
    18 feet 8 inches

So i hear news travels fast...
    Oh yes. At the speed of Skywarp.
    :lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beej View Post
    *cough* No.
    Same here.. no thanks.. you want a biography.. go watch the 2nd CD or the special features where he talks about his movies, in all of his movies.

"Red rover, red rover, send Bay right over?" I'm thinking no. Such an event might just be a the last bit of too much testosterone for Iraq to handle -- it'd implode, and that part of the world has too many problems as is.

EDIT: Oh dear, looks like that part of the world is in for some implosions... or something: Paramount-DreamWorks has inked with the Jordanian Royal Film Commission to film “Transformers 2” in the country

Question is Red, will Paramount be conking him on the head? I think not. Dragging him up the plane's steps with golden handcuffs more likely.
    I keep waiting for that to get shot down as false conjecture, but it probably won't be. Shooting TF2 in Jordan boggles my mind for more reasons than I care to discuss in public. But, on the other hand, I do appreciate the authenticity behind it. It does make sense to shoot a globally-minded film on location. The Bourne movies made a lot of hay filming in the real locations Jason was running around in.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by Starscreamisthebest View Post
    I think they should write a biography...but if they want to make a documentary, whatever.
    There is one already. It's called "The Directors." It was shown on Encore.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Oh, i didn't realize that. Thanks!
    http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l...ransform02.png

Starscream
    Decepticon Second in Command
    F-22 Raptor
    31 feet 2 inches
    Streak
    Autobot
    Ferrari California GT convertible (blue in color)
    18 feet 8 inches

So i hear news travels fast...
    Oh yes. At the speed of Skywarp.
    :lol

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Has anyone seen that one? Because I sure as hell haven't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    Has anyone seen that one? Because I sure as hell haven't.
    Nope. I looked thru Amazon and Barnes and Nobles and didn't find anything. I found an author named Michael Baye as well as a book titled 501 Movie Directors. But nothing else.

Banned

I don't have cable/dish, etc. so don't bite me if I get this wrong, but it looks like what Nelson was talking about is a cable channel and a series on it:

Due to its critical and popular success, "The Directors," Encore's first original series, has been renewed for 13 additional episodes. Additionally, an original one-hour special "The Directors: Best Moments" will be presented this December looking back at highlights from the first five years of the series. The special will feature selected interviews with directors and talent and will be hosted by renowned film critic and historian Leonard Maltin. Directors such as Martin Scorsese, Steven Spielberg, James Cameron, Oliver Stone, Spike Lee, George Lucas, and...
    I think they were more or less looking for a book, and not so much a tv show.

Nelson, I think, is referring to the show called "The Directors" which had an episode with Michael in 2002 I believe. Those shows usually ran an hour, and featured interviews with actors and producers the director had worked with. I believe Jon Voight, Martin Lawrence, Alec Baldwin and someone else talked in the one for Bay. I've always wanted to see that episode. I've seen a couple of them; Spielberg, Tony Scott, Ridley Scott and although it just touches on the surface it's a pretty entertaining show.

Hey, if anyone have the Bay one.... upload it somewhere

The only documentary that ever managed to hold my attention from beginning to end was GRIZZLY MAN. Everything else just makes me go to bed earlier.

I'd rather watch things blow up