Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaked script....

It most certainly wasn't a piece of fan fiction. Too many important details were sorted out that a piece of fanwank would fail to address — most notably why have the Decepticons returned to Earth, and how are the humans from the first film still integral to the story. Additionally, whomever wrote that treatment had a very strong understanding of the themes and subplots of the first film, taking the opportunity of the sequel to develop them even further. Lastly, the treatment brought several original ideas to the Transformers lore; fanwank generally just rehashes that which has come before.

The treatment they decide to use in the end it may not be, but a treatment by a Hollywood writer(s) it most certainly was.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    Movie doesn't drop until 2009, and stuff is already leaking.

It's gonna happen; they're in the writing process right now. They have to start shooting I imagine somewhat soon (like early 2008 soon) to get all the effects done

Quote Originally Posted by Spanbauer View Post
    It most certainly wasn't a piece of fan fiction. Too many important details were sorted out that a piece of fanwank would fail to address most notably why have the Decepticons returned to Earth, and how are the humans from the first film still integral to the story. Additionally, whomever wrote that treatment had a very strong understanding of the themes and subplots of the first film, taking the opportunity of the sequel to develop them even further. Lastly, the treatment brought several original ideas to the Transformers lore; fanwank generally just rehashes that which has come before.
    There's only one piece of "fanwank" that I would beg Mr. Bay to use:

Unicron. And by Unicron, I mean a bad-ass cliffhanger for Movie 2 to close out on.

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    Are we still talking about it?
    Whatever it was, I quite enjoyed it. I love reading something wrote with sincerity.

One thing I'd like to say is, like I said, a biased Asian character could not be a nod to the Asian market. It might leave a weird impression to us. (Sam's
    "It's probably Japanese." thing was tolerable.) So, take someoene else along instead of Shige-like boy.
    Well, I think it was certainly meant as a compliment to the Japanese supremacy in robotics design and manufacturing is all, nobody can deny that.

American robotics came up with the "Roomba", I bet one of those could kick Bumblebee's ass!
    lol
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    It's a treatment...far cry from a shooting script.
    hey iceforest, any comment on what bay thought about this treatment? i was asleep of when all this BS came about.

Question

It most certainly wasn't a piece of fan fiction. Too many important details were sorted out that a piece of fanwank would fail to address most notably why have the Decepticons returned to Earth, and how are the humans from the first film still integral to the story. Additionally, whomever wrote that treatment had a very strong understanding of the themes and subplots of the first film, taking the opportunity of the sequel to develop them even further. Lastly, the treatment brought several original ideas to the Transformers lore; fanwank generally just rehashes that which has come before.

The treatment they decide to use in the end it may not be, but a treatment by a Hollywood writer(s) it most certainly was.
    are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    Well, I think it was certainly meant as a compliment to the Japanese supremacy in robotics design and manufacturing is all,
    I hope so. That scene makes us feel little embarrassed (Audiences made bittersweet giggles and timid coughs.) like ... "Oh, Are we Japanese seen as some sort of mech-fetishist?" (Uh... it might be undeniable for me and my mates who've made stories featuring heavily-armed robo-chicks in micromini skirts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    American robotics came up with the "Roomba", I bet one of those could kick Bumblebee's ass! lol
    kawaii! He (or she?) will be good friend of AIBO.

A co-worker tried to tell me today they got a hold of the new script--- how shattered they were to find out it is not the real thing..... Amusement for the day--- how nice!
    Ironhide kills Barricade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bliss81 View Post
    are you sure?
    Foshizzle. It's way too good to be written by someone who hasn't already "made it". If I had to guess, I'd say they asked Kruger to submit a treatment as part of the hiring process, and this was what he wrote that got him the gig. So it's not an official submission for the actual film persay, but it's not "fake" either.

Foshizzle. It's way too good to be written by someone who hasn't already "made it". If I had to guess, I'd say they asked Kruger to submit a treatment as part of the hiring process, and this was what he wrote that got him the gig. So it's not an official submission for the actual film persay, but it's not "fake" either.
    regardless of its authenticity, i'm sure the screenwriters can pull of something far greater. having said that i haven't seen this supposed treatment. don't even want to read the summaries of it.
    i'm quite out of the loop while in australia. if shit goes down, i wont know until the next morning.
    anyway, so what happened to ur buddy TV?

I won't make up my mind completely one way or the other always leaving room for error as I like to play things on the safe side but if it's fake then I'm pretty disappointed as I thought most of it was pretty darn good, there were a few elements I did not care for but I can live with them if they come to light.

If it is real then I'm glad I made a copy of it before it was removed and also if it's fake I think this person or persons need to stop wasting time writing fan wank and get this to the people who would recognize it for being pretty damn good and possibly use it in the next movie.
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

how is any of this real?

The script isn't even ready yet

Quote Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
    how is any of this real?

The script isn't even ready yet
    A treatment is what gets ok'ed before they begin work on the full-blown script. This leak was a 13-page treatment a summary of what the script could have been based on.

History repeats itself.

Just read the treatment. Good stuff! I'm surprised everyone here is trashing it. Very Empire Strikes Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny LaPhlegm View Post
    Just read the treatment. Good stuff! I'm surprised everyone here is trashing it. Very Empire Strikes Back.
    Not me, I rather enjoyed it and liked almost every single element of it.

I think, I'm the only one really trashing it.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Default sdf

has anyone held off on reading it?

I normally don't read them but one thing I can't stay away from is teasers, tv spots and trailers.

I normally don't read them but one thing I can't stay away from is teasers, tv spots and trailers.
    I was just too tempted and felt like a kid in a candy factory!
    Even if it was confirmed to be the actual script I'm sure there would be plenty of changes made in the next many months.

The script to the first movie was leaked a good year as far as I can remember before the movies release so I would bet money that this one will too!

Not by choice, moreso, I missed out on it. All of this went down over the weekend while I was away. While this one was supposedly just a treatment, the same thing happened to me with the script for the first one. Kinda glad its not readily available anymore, probably wouldn't have been able to resist.

And just like the first time around I'm not gonna go around looking for it. Ignorance is bliss in that regard, even as those who discuss it here and abroad break the whole thing down (as the first).

I don't think I would have read what I had if Don didn't say it wasn't the treatment that they were going with.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

From what I get this film is being written or in Pre script form. So you get a Treatment, Draft, 2nd, Final, Production, even alt drafts that we haven't seen.

BUT, with the Mass shaping idea, and the fact that I said this before the thread was posted I am glad that the Nemisis is a Carrier. That gives way for (toy wise) a MASSIVE toy that you could put an army of Starscream (as an f-35) and stealths galore.

EDIT: ixnay on the oilerspay
    Last edited by xXRavenXx; 10-11-2007 at 06:42 PM.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    I think, I'm the only one really trashing it.
    Yea, but you are know to trash everything just so you can be proven wrong and get one hell of a shock in the theaters.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

does anyone have a link to this? the link posted is defunct =/