Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    400

    Default Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

    Best Movie
    Best Male Performance (Shia LaBeouf)

    Breakthrough Performance (Megan Fox)

    http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/2008/nominees.jhtml

    Ah, those bastards apparantly don't have the "Best action sequence"-category anymore.

    But anyway, go vote. I know some will be "Oh, MTV Movie Awards sucks!" or whatever but big deal. Let's give Bay and Shia their goddamn popcorn awards already.

  2. #2
    Senior Member redqueenar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orange County, CA USA
    Posts
    1,985

    Default Re: Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    Best Movie
    Best Male Performance (Shia LaBeouf)

    Breakthrough Performance (Megan Fox)

    http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/2008/nominees.jhtml

    Ah, those bastards apparantly don't have the "Best action sequence"-category anymore.

    But anyway, go vote. I know some will be "Oh, MTV Movie Awards sucks!" or whatever but big deal. Let's give Bay and Shia their goddamn popcorn awards already.
    I voted. I think it's strange they have films that aren't even out yet as votable categories. I mean, I realize the voting will go on for a while. It just seems silly to make it available now.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With your girlfriend in her bed :)
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    Best Movie
    Best Male Performance (Shia LaBeouf)

    Breakthrough Performance (Megan Fox)

    http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/2008/nominees.jhtml

    Ah, those bastards apparantly don't have the "Best action sequence"-category anymore.

    But anyway, go vote. I know some will be "Oh, MTV Movie Awards sucks!" or whatever but big deal. Let's give Bay and Shia their goddamn popcorn awards already.

    WHAT the HECK??? Best Movie this summer so far??? Umm.. Speed Racer, Indiana Jones, and I think there was another one, oh yeah.. prince caspian.. hasn't even come out yet.. how do we know its the best movie this summer?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

    We shouldn't expect too much from the MTV Movie Awards. Didn't they have a category like "Best performance by a phone" or something one year

  5. #5
    Senior Member TransformNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

    I'm STILL shocked that TF didn't win an Oscar, so for SURE I'm voting on the MTV awards.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bumblebee1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    None ya :P
    Posts
    4,496

    Default Re: Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    WHAT the HECK??? Best Movie this summer so far??? Umm.. Speed Racer, Indiana Jones, and I think there was another one, oh yeah.. prince caspian.. hasn't even come out yet.. how do we know its the best movie this summer?
    I think they mean best summer movie of 2007.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

    I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.



  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    221

    Default Re: Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

    I think Best Movie category is for sure!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With your girlfriend in her bed :)
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    I think they mean best summer movie of 2007.
    No.. go check out the link yourself. They have listed the movies that are supposed to be out THIS summer.. as of 2008.. and half the movies haven't even come out yet!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bumblebee1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    None ya :P
    Posts
    4,496

    Default Re: Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    No.. go check out the link yourself. They have listed the movies that are supposed to be out THIS summer.. as of 2008.. and half the movies haven't even come out yet!
    Okay then smartie....how 'bout movies from summer 2007 to summer 2008?

    Oh, and I clicked the link, and those are two separate categories. There's "Best movies" and "Best Summer Movie So Far."

    Now, notice TF is not in the second category.
    Last edited by Bumblebee1983; 05-11-2008 at 07:59 PM.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

    I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

    I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.



  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    With your girlfriend in her bed :)
    Posts
    1,573

    Default Re: Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    Okay then smartie....how 'bout movies from summer 2007 to summer 2008?

    Oh, and I clicked the link, and those are two separate categories. There's "Best movies" and "Best Summer Movie So Far."

    Now, notice TF is not in the second category.
    There are 2 different buttons, one for Best Movie, and one for Best Movie for this summer so far. Check out the one that says Best movie for this summer so far : http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/...Id=summerMovie

    Until last friday, there were 4 movies that haven't even come out yet. How can we vote on something that hasn't come out yet? Unless you've seen a prescreened pirated version of Indiana Jones, Sex and the City, Prince Caspian (and until friday Speed Racer), its kind of hard to make a judgement call on those movies.

    And yes I realize TF isn't in the 2nd link. I was merely pointing out that its hard to make a decision on movies that haven't even come out yet.

  11. #11
    Member Warzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The darkness in the depths
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

    Quote Originally Posted by TransformNate View Post
    I'm STILL shocked that TF didn't win an Oscar, so for SURE I'm voting on the MTV awards.

    In shock?

    Hell, I'M IN MOURNING!
    Faction: ?
    Height: 30'
    Colors: Dark Grey/Dark Blue/Rust
    Weapons: Offline
    Alt. Mode: Offline


  12. #12
    Senior Member punkboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: Transformers nominated for 3 MTV Movie Awards

    Transformers won for Best Movie! Unlike The Academy, MTV knows what's good for it... (That, and someone probably inflated the count when they were voting)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •