Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: keeping the robots in disguise

Default Re: keeping the robots in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    tHEY DON'T REALLY IT'S NOT LIKE ANYONE can detect them at all. sorry about the caps
    poor theGreat... know has told him about the backspace.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post
    Don't they give off radiation? I forgot about the Russians.
    I don't think it's detectable over great distances. plus Orci said it was a special non-cancer-causing radiation. how many people have a device to detect that?

Don't they give off radiation? I forgot about the Russians.
    Russians give off radiation?

*runs*
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post

*runs*
    The ones from chernobyl do....

....and scene!!!

I was responding to shadow's post at the same time.

The ones from chernobyl do....

....and scene!!!

I was responding to shadow's post at the same time.
    True.

I thought that was comic gold. But that's just me.

Okay, gotta look at Iron Man showtimes. Later!
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    I don't think it's detectable over great distances. plus Orci said it was a special non-cancer-causing radiation. how many people have a device to detect that?
    precursor to the special non carcinogenic cigarrettes.

Didn't simmons have that machine....?

Banned

im sure if our government dose then others do to. And Im sure there are other government bodies out there like Sector Seven. I could really see them expanding on a possable war that may start between the U.S/U.K Allies and the Russians/China over this tech... like I said that they already know we have.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post

*runs*
    lol you are to much

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow2879 View Post
    im sure if our government dose then others do to. And Im sure there are other government bodies out there like Sector Seven. I could really see them expanding on a possable war that may start between the U.S/U.K Allies and the Russians/China over this tech... like I said that they already know we have.
    Why would they, it's not like they had a Megatron to study. plus, if we could create non-cancer-causing radiation, I doubt we would be in the energy crisis we are in now.

all that aside, I don't think it's detectable over long distances.

lol you are to much
    *shrug*

It comes naturally.

Banned

Why would they, it's not like they had a Megatron to study. plus, if we could create non-cancer-causing radiation, I doubt we would be in the energy crisis we are in now.

all that aside, I don't think it's detectable over long distances.
    i never said they can detece it over long distances and we dont know that there arnt others in other parts of the world. The russians may have a bot too.

Haven't any satellites caught the arrival of Autobots or the military action of US forces during the battle?
    Given the expected benefit from the alien technology and science, every nation would do whatever it takes to establish diplomatic relations with Cybertron.

According to the prequel novel, Prime and his men owe Ghost-1 a lot. So Unites States seems to have a head start.

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

poor theGreat... know has told him about the backspace.
    lol too lazy. eassier to just say sorry lmao

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    Haven't any satellites caught the arrival of Autobots or the military action of US forces during the battle?
    Given the expected benefit from the alien technology and science, every nation would do whatever it takes to establish diplomatic relations with Cybertron.

According to the prequel novel, Prime and his men owe Ghost-1 a lot. So Unites States seems to have a head start.
    I don't recognize that as an actual event.

Heh, this thread reminds how, about five years ago, Southern California (where I'm from) would experience an "earthquake" every Thursday at about 6:30 in the morning. Naturally, someone with more than half a brain got out a map and a pencil and realized that the cascading "earthquake" was headed toward Las Vegas and terminated rather suspiciously at a military base known as Area 51. We all know it's Aurora (hyper-sonic speed plane), but it's not like the government will ever admit that.

My father had a friend who would literally disappear for weeks "for work" without telling anyone where he was going or what he was doing... and what does the man do for a living? Refuel jets. Specifically, it turns out, the stealth bomber, which I still remember seeing the first time in person at an air show. There were two guys standing in front of it with machine guns, in case you and your camera got any funny ideas.

The point being that half-assed cover-ups that no one *really* believes are the American way! (And also go over well in London, if Doctor Who is to be believed!)
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    Heh, this thread reminds how, about five years ago, Southern California (where I'm from) would experience an "earthquake" every Thursday at about 6:30 in the morning. Naturally, someone with more than half a brain got out a map and a pencil and realized that the cascading "earthquake" was headed toward Las Vegas and terminated rather suspiciously at a military base known as Area 51. We all know it's Aurora (hyper-sonic speed plane), but it's not like the government will ever admit that.

My father had a friend who would literally disappear for weeks "for work" without telling anyone where he was going or what he was doing... and what does the man do for a living? Refuel jets. Specifically, it turns out, the stealth bomber, which I still remember seeing the first time in person at an air show. There were two guys standing in front of it with machine guns, in case you and your camera got any funny ideas.

The point being that half-assed cover-ups that no one *really* believes are the American way! (And also go over well in London, if Doctor Who is to be believed!)
    It's not to keep us in the dark... it's to keep other other nations in the dark. we don't want others reverse engineering our stuff. it's not like they can do that transformers. We had Megatron under lock and key for how many years and all we got from it was the crappy tech we got now.... I steel can't figure out how you create an "automobile" from studying an alien space jet.

It's not to keep us in the dark... it's to keep other other nations in the dark. we don't want others reverse engineering our stuff. it's not like they can do that transformers. We had Megatron under lock and key for how many years and all we got from it was the crappy tech we got now.... I steel can't figure out how you create an "automobile" from studying an alien space jet.

I know, I know... but we were talking about the reactions of people on the street, right? I think, in reality, people would either completely deny to themselves what they actually saw because their minds couldn't process it (and leaving them open to suggestions) or they would go all deep-cover conspiracy theory and be all over the 'net about.

We sent people to the Moon with less technology than one now finds in the average luxury car. It's sorta mind-boggling.
    Last edited by redqueenar; 05-03-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: It's not a dishwasher I'm thinking of, it's something else. Trying to remember.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Banned

trust me our government keeps just as much from us as they do other countries if not more. All the tech that we have on the streets now has already been in the government or military for years. The new stuff we the citizins get is really old.

Banned

trust me our government keeps just as much from us as they do other countries if not more.
    Such as the cure for cancer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    Such as the cure for cancer.
    ya exactly

or other ailments
    Optimus Prime. Never disappoints... Unlike YOU, Starscream!

You guys are overthinking it. Didn't this big fight take place in Hollywood...?

Hello?

"It was just some idiot down at the film commission's fault for issuing film permits for the middle of the day and rush hour traffic. Just a movie stunt, now go back to sleep."

Keep it simple.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beej View Post
    You guys are overthinking it. Didn't this big fight take place in Hollywood...?

Hello?

"It was just some idiot down at the film commission's fault for issuing film permits for the middle of the day and rush hour traffic. Just a movie stunt, now go back to sleep."

Keep it simple.
    ummm no it takes place in Mission City Arizona. No where near Hollywood so ya... and you mean to tell me not one news person or chopper happend to see a thing

Talking Re: keeping the robots in disguise

My take on this? Government first tries to do the half-assed cover up, as we can see with Sam's parents in the "interview" - and you can just see the Witwicky Parental Units straining not to yell "OUR SON IS FRIENDS WITH GIANT FREAKING ROBOTS AND SAVED THE WORLD!!!! AND WE'RE SO PROUD OF HIM!!!"

But then, there's the folks in Mission City who actually saw the Giant Freakin' Robots and lived to tell the tale. They're not sure what really happened. Not all of them will be bribed. Not all of them are going to swallow the idea that it's some sort of terrorist attack. So we have endless conspiracy theories galore and YouTube videos that mysteriously get pulled off the Internet a few minutes after they're brought online.

But then, we don't see the Giant Freakin' Robots for a good long time. The 'bots are lying low except for the occasional accidental "sightings." They become urban myth. They become legend.

It can be like the War of the Worlds incident way back when radio was in its youth. Orson Wells (okay, TF geeks, catch the reference?) actually staged his adaptation of the HG Wells novel by telling it like a radio newscast coming into regular programming. You're listening to your regular music and stuff and suddenly, you've got "breaking news" that the aliens have landed and that all hell had broken loose. I kid you not - there was mass hysteria. People listening actually thought it was FOR REAL. I bet you that there's a alien conspiracy website somewhere out here that will tell us it WAS real and that good ol' Orson was used to cover it all up. The government can use the same principles, only adapt it now to a world with TV and Internet.

Hence, the need for that new character in the next movie, Sam's roommate, who's a Giant Alien Robot Conspiracy theorist. "The truth is out there" and all that.
    "I am Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

government- "we had an incident in Mission City evolving creatures of unknown origins. although some of them showed aggressive and destructive tendencies, others were cooperative in stopping this menace. And we were successful in stopping this threat. after the conflict in Mission City we lost contact with our new allies. they disappeared just as quickly and mysteriously as they arrived. We know that the surviving lifeforms are peace and hold no ill will against us, and we have no reason to believe there is any immediate threat to national security.

in closing I would just like to say look at those gas prices, and don't forget about bird flu. Speaking flu have you all got your flu shots? supplies are running out, and no, there is no cure for cancer, quit asking."