Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: keeping the robots in disguise

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Default keeping the robots in disguise

How do you think this could best be done for the second movie?

I think the best way to go is for the government to stage a farewell send off for the autobots. Acting as if they were went back to their home planet would seem like a logical move for the government to make. This way the bots can travel and set up base without any unwanted interruptions.

Another thing i was thinking is that in no way should the autbots share their tech with humans. For a race that is in a total state of war it would seem kind of silly if prime just gave away tech secrets to humans who have the potential to become enemies.

Default Re: keeping the robots in disguise

I like the send off but instead off going home they end up setting up a base on the moon or the autobot leaving is a misdirection to make the human race making them think they went home but turn hoover dam with secter seven into there earth bass.

Quote Originally Posted by IMT Guyver View Post
    I like the send off but instead off going home they end up setting up a base on the moon or the autobot leaving is a misdirection to make the human race making them think they went home but turn hoover dam with secter seven into there earth bass.
    Just like in megatron42's fanfic, riggghhht?

The sector seven base thing, anyway.
    Last edited by Starscreamisthebest; 05-05-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Wrong username used
    http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l...ransform02.png

Starscream
    Decepticon Second in Command
    F-22 Raptor
    31 feet 2 inches
    Streak
    Autobot
    Ferrari California GT convertible (blue in color)
    18 feet 8 inches

So i hear news travels fast...
    Oh yes. At the speed of Skywarp.
    :lol

Quote Originally Posted by Starscreamisthebest View Post
    Just like in Shadow289's fanfic, riggghhht?

The sector seven base thing, anyway.
    yes i have read the fan fic and enjoyed it alot.

but i was thinking of the way in the first TF film had sector sevens small room i hoover dam and them joining up with the Autobot area looks big enought. so yer kind of like in the fan fic.

This was along the lines of the clusterf**k question Nelson posed last year.

Ideally, you want to have something in there to explain how (pick a number) people that caught a glimpse of the TFs in robot form (along the freeway, at night during BB's capture, and in the city) are gonna either develop amnesia, be told it was military related, or be paid to forget (that's a $#!tload of people to keep track of and pay off)

Hopefully it will be adressed along those lines.

Otherwise, the jig is technically up.

I'm not a fan of shipping them off conveniently to some remote location (like the moon or a base, despite that thats how it was done in the toon) because that is basically "robots in hiding" not "robots in disguise".

Quote Originally Posted by r-type View Post

Ideally, you want to have something in there to explain how (pick a number) people that caught a glimpse of the TFs in robot form (along the freeway, at night during BB's capture, and in the city) are gonna either develop amnesia, be told it was military related, or be paid to forget (that's a $#!tload of people to keep track of and pay off)

I'm not a fan of shipping them off conveniently to some remote location (like the moon or a base, despite that thats how it was done in the toon) because that is basically "robots in hiding" not "robots in disguise".
    Actually you could easily just give them all new paint jobs. give prime his traditional look and its all over. bumblebee doesn't even need a new paint job.yellow is pretty common color for the kind of car he is. you could also have a bit where some army guys or shia's character is talking about how gm has been making a killing sense the transformers and there are so many yellow camaros out there that not even optimus prime can find bumblebee

Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    Actually you could easily just give them all new paint jobs. give prime his traditional look and its all over. bumblebee doesn't even need a new paint job.yellow is pretty common color for the kind of car he is. you could also have a bit where some army guys or shia's character is talking about how gm has been making a killing sense the transformers and there are so many yellow camaros out there that not even optimus prime can find bumblebee
    True, as he wouldn't grab as many people's attention with the flames...

But original look...blocky and (dare I say it) '80s look?
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.

I thought with the interview Sam's parents gave at the end about Aliens? I think our Gov. would say something!

That is the way it's all going to be done. Kind of like UFO? You didn't see a UFO you saw swamp gas. Or you can pull a MIB and give Simmons a Neuralizer (sp).
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

True, but that only severs the association with that particular type of color/vehicle combo. It still doesn't address the countless number of people that saw bi-pedal robots beating the $#!t out of each other.

Unless the whole world is magically gonna come to terms with alien life forms among them. Or be completely paranoid 24/7 that my car or toaster is actually a robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee1983 View Post
    True, as he wouldn't grab as many people's attention with the flames...

But original look...blocky and (dare I say it) '80s look?
    I only meant the paint job and to be honest the designs aren't that far removed from the original tf look. Take ironhide and ratchet for example oh jazz to.

Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post
    Or you can pull a MIB and give Simmons a Neuralizer (sp).
    LOL. I was gonna say the same thing. I didn't though, because I didn't want to incur Ury's vengeful wrath against lazy writing.

True, but that only severs the association with that particular type of color/vehicle combo. It still doesn't address the countless number of people that saw bi-pedal robots beating the $#!t out of each other.

Unless the whole world is magically gonna come to terms with alien life forms among them. Or be completely paranoid 24/7 that my car or toaster is actually a robot.
    it would have to be addressed. the government would have to give assurance that all the bots made by appliances made by the cube were back to normal due to it's destruction and megatrons. off subject i still think the cube should turn into some kind of matrix of leadership for the cons and slowly reassemble megs into gavs and have him re-emerge at the end of the 2nd movie.

This movie was full of holes but it was fun and there has never been anything like it is why it succeeded. For tf2 the story has to be more solid cause after ironman and hulk people will expect a better story.let's not forget hancock and the other fantasy movies coming out. the bar is going to be set a lot higher story wise. i hope that bay comes out punching and gives the total package this round

I only meant the paint job and to be honest the designs aren't that far removed from the original tf look. Take ironhide and ratchet for example oh jazz to.
    Ah, okay, now we're on the same page.
    I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't know what I'd do if I caught one. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer.

I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you can't savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments.

you know, assuming the autobots keep there nose down, people may start assuming the left anyways. Also, with the interview at the end of the first film there seems there maybe some skepticism anyways.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

And witnesses of the downtown battle would upload a bunch of videos of fighting Autobots/Decepticons to YouTube.
    The government will have to make lame excuse like "Those f***ing machines are... um... probably made in Japan".

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    And witnesses of the downtown battle would upload a bunch of videos of fighting Autobots/Decepticons to YouTube.
    The government will have to make lame excuse like "Those f***ing machines are... um... probably made in Japan".
    And technically speaking....they're right.

And technically speaking....they're right.
    And Japanese robotics engineers would be flabbergasted by YouTube videos. "How did Americans make such super advanced robots!?"

Banned

There all good ideas... and the government has to do something to cover it all up. Well just becaus Sector seven has made a mess of things. I really believe that it may work with common citizins but other governments wont fall for the Autobots leaveing Earth. For one Russia knows fro a fact what is going on... Remember they tried to steal Megatron in the preguel book. So they have stuff to blackmale the U.S. on. As for Sector Seven... I think they have more hidden then we know. I really see them becomeing a big thorn in the side of the Autobots.

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    And Japanese robotics engineers would be flabbergasted by YouTube videos. "How did Americans make such super advanced robots!?"
    Because we smart!

Because we smart!
    Nooo, it's because China pirated the technology, and we "diplomatically retrieved it".

Wait no... we got it from those lil green men who crashed in Roswell.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow2879 View Post
    ... and the government has to do something to cover it all up.
    why? what are the consequence of not covering it up?
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post
    Nooo, it's because China pirated the technology, and we "diplomatically retrieved it".

Wait no... we got it from those lil green men who crashed in Roswell.
    Well, there goes my world...

And I thought it was cuz we smart....

*stupid chinese....* JUST KIDDING!!! I do like the sweet and sour chicken...

and oh dear I'm way off track here. *checks watch*

When should I see Iron Man? Matinee? Wait till dark? (Oh wow, that sounded so wrong....)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow2879 View Post
    There all good ideas... and the government has to do something to cover it all up. Well just becaus Sector seven has made a mess of things. I really believe that it may work with common citizins but other governments wont fall for the Autobots leaveing Earth. For one Russia knows fro a fact what is going on... Remember they tried to steal Megatron in the preguel book. So they have stuff to blackmale the U.S. on. As for Sector Seven... I think they have more hidden then we know. I really see them becomeing a big thorn in the side of the Autobots.
    tHEY DON'T REALLY IT'S NOT LIKE ANYONE can detect them at all. sorry about the caps

tHEY DON'T REALLY IT'S NOT LIKE ANYONE can detect them at all. sorry about the caps
    Don't they give off radiation? I forgot about the Russians.

I thought for a second "who are you yelling at?" then saw the sorry part.

LOL