Thread: THE ISLAND... A question about the jet bike chase scene.

Default THE ISLAND... A question about the jet bike chase scene.

After the highway carnage (a.k.a. the car chase in THE ISLAND), we get taken into a jet bike chase. If anyone recalls, there were two jet bikes.

After the first one crashes, Ewan and Scarlett steal it and get chased by the second jet bike. But if you look closely after that, when they get into the city, 2 jet bikes are chasing Ewan and Scarlett.

So, where is the third one coming from and what happens to it after the second one crashes – onto an incoming subway?

Anyone has any suggestions?

Banned

Default Re: THE ISLAND... A question about the jet bike chase scene.

It's just like other movies.. I.E. police chases.. even though some cops might spin and crash and blow up, others join the chase later in the chase. I'm sure the jet bike rider was notified of the two being on the loose and was called in to be set after them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    It's just like other movies.. I.E. police chases.. even though some cops might spin and crash and blow up, others join the chase later in the chase. I'm sure the jet bike rider was notified of the two being on the loose and was called in to be set after them.
    Probably, but the number of jet bike in the movie is scripted: Just before the car chase, Laurent is being told that they have "Three Black Wasps and two jet bikes."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by haut_bas_clair View Post
    Probably, but the number of jet bike in the movie is scripted: Just before the car chase, Laurent is being told that they have "Three Black Wasps and two jet bikes."
    Considering I don't have this movie and am waiting its arrival on Blu Ray, I don't have an answer for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen_5 View Post
    Considering I don't have this movie and am waiting its arrival on Blu Ray, I don't have an answer for you.
    Thank you for trying though.

It could be just a simple screw up. Like Bumblebee's passenger door closing between scenes.
    Also, it could be the scene called for one to be destroyed but the following chase looked more interesting with an extra bike. continuity be damned.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    It could be just a simple screw up. Like Bumblebee's passenger door closing between scenes.
    I noticed that too when Mikaela was checking out Sam's car and decided to walk off by herself. Then as soon as Sam got the car started again, the door was automatically closed. Another thing that got me was how Mikaela was sitting in the passenger seat, and when she reached in to get her purse/handbag (while she was walking off), it was magically on the drivers side.. (Considering she didn't reach very far inside to grab it.)

Thank you for trying though.
    I've seen the movie once, and loved it, but I'm hoping it'll make the transition to BR soon.

maybe they had the "Three Black Wasps and two jet bikes." at the beginning because they tought that those were enough to catch them. and as the time was going by, and they were realizing that the clones were hard to catch, they asked for reinforcements or support.

I don't know, it makes me think so.

because as you can actually see in the movie, since the scene where they are in the desert, Laurent's cops are saying that they thought it would be an easy job.

or may those new jet bikes be from the LA PD ?

or maybe just new support for lauren's team.

thats what I think when I watch the movie.

I hear you all, but the question was:

"So, where is the third one coming from and what happens to it after the second one crashes – onto an incoming subway?"

You all did answer the first part. But does anyone care to know what happen to it afterward?

Think about it: Bay includes another unscripted jet bike in the scene, and does not even go through with it.

Feels, to some extend, like the Barricade issue in TF. It just happens to disappear from the script and screen at one point.

I simply call this a goof. They messed up on that one. And of course, in a movie like THE ISLAND, it goes almost unnoticed.

I hear you all, but the question was:

"So, where is the third one coming from and what happens to it after the second one crashes – onto an incoming subway?"

You all did answer the first part. But does anyone care to know what happen to it afterward?

Think about it: Bay includes another unscripted jet bike in the scene, and does not even go through with it.

Feels, to some extend, like the Barricade issue in TF. It just happens to disappear from the script and screen at one point.

I simply call this a goof. They messed up on that one. And of course, in a movie like THE ISLAND, it goes almost unnoticed.
    Maybe it's a continuity issue? And if so, big deal. The scene works and even if you notice it you forget about it a minute later.

because of the openness of the question, there is no right answer so people can keep on trying to answer it but the correct answer won't actually exist. It just happened and its nothing but made up theories