Thread: TF2 "misinformation"

Default TF2 "misinformation"

I call bullsh*t on this, right from the get-go.

Exactly the same thing was said following the leaks from the previous film - 90% of that infamous "out of date" leaked script ended up on screen. Albeit with a few more "hilarious" improvised "gags".

Does anyone actually believe that the promised "misinformation" will ever actually be spread on the internet?

I suppose if anything turns up which suggests a coherent plot, treats the franchise with respect and includes anything other than cheesey stock characters, we'll know that can't be true.

Moderator / formerly "Gunrock" The Great's Avatar

Default Re: TF2 "misinformation"

Quote Originally Posted by misinformation View Post

Exactly the same thing was said following the leaks from the previous film - 90% of that infamous "out of date" leaked script ended up on screen. Albeit with a few more "hilarious" improvised "gags".

Does anyone actually believe that the promised "misinformation" will ever actually be spread on the internet?

I suppose if anything turns up which suggests a coherent plot, treats the franchise with respect and includes anything other than cheesey stock characters, we'll know that can't be true.
    OH DAAMNNN @ YOU THROWING OUT A HUGE ZINGER!!

Well right until TF2's release, you will never know. This is pretty much "misinformation" for me.

http://www.donmurphy.net/board would be a more suitable board for you.

*yawns*

So I guess you believe that the first script/treatment that was already released is going to be the story of the movie?

So are Optimus Prime and Megatron brothers or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Bay_Fan_Gibson View Post
    So are Optimus Prime and Megatron brothers or not?
    Didn't he say, "You left me no choice, brother." after Megs died...? Does that not mean what I think it means in TF world?
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    Didn't he say, "You left me no choice, brother." after Megs died...? Does that not mean what I think it means in TF world?

Well some people said he meant it simple as in "hey bro!"....could it be that, or am I just listening to stupid people?

Quote Originally Posted by Bay_Fan_Gibson View Post
    Well some people said he meant it simple as in "hey bro!"....could it be that, or am I just listening to stupid people?
    Optimus seems too dignified for that...
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
    http://www.donmurphy.net/board would be a more suitable board for you.
    Nah, let him have his say. He's only saying what most people are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
    Dude, you post on Don's board a lot don't you? Explain that to me. It seems everybody there considers Don a God because he was one of the few people that a few years back got the idea of developing Transformers for the big screen. But even people who hated the movie post there now? The movie has come and gone, they despised it but still stuck around (Don is still a hero, and Michael Bay fucked up the movie real bad). Isn't that weird because the board are not for old G1 enthusiats, it's for the producer who produced the movie everybody hated. Everybody hated the script as well but still suck up to Roberto Orci whenever he posts there?

I just consider it to be a weird place. Not saying that everybody hated the film, but the impression I get is that a lot of people were unhappy with it.

Dude, you post on Don's board a lot don't you? Explain that to me. It seems everybody there considers Don a God because he was one of the few people that a few years back got the idea of developing Transformers for the big screen. But even people who hated the movie post there now? The movie has come and gone, they despised it but still stuck around (Don is still a hero, and Michael Bay fucked up the movie real bad). Isn't that weird because the board are not for old G1 enthusiats, it's for the producer who produced the movie everybody hated. Everybody hated the script as well but still suck up to Roberto Orci whenever he posts there?

I just consider it to be a weird place. Not saying that everybody hated the film, but the impression I get is that a lot of people were unhappy with it.
    It's a pretty balanced place for the most part. It has as many lovers as it does haters. Sure, there are plenty of colourful characters there, but Don values the opinions of all kinds of people, regardless of how extreme those opinions are.
    With no moderation we can pretty much say whatever we want, but most of the community are long-timers and have a good handle on the politics of the board.

Don ain't a god. He's just a geek filled with all the passion and rage that we geeks are known for.
    Last edited by Dynamo; 04-30-2008 at 02:27 PM.

It's a pretty balanced place for the most part. It has as many lovers as it does haters. Sure, there are plenty of colourful characters there, but Don values the opinions of all kinds of people, regardless of how extreme those opinions are.
    With no moderation we can pretty much say whatever we want, but most of the community are long-timers and have a good handle on the politics of the board.

Don ain't a god. He's just a geek filled with all the passion and rage that we geeks are known for.
    Did you like the movie?

Did you like the movie?
    Yeah, I thought it was great. Not without its flaws, but still one of the best times I've had at the cinema in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by redqueenar View Post
    In the redone script that was leaked for the first film it DEFINITELY said that Prime and Megs were brothers. Created with completely opposing virtues. One driven by ambition the other by honor.

But ya gotta admit that most people here are a bit more open minded, not into flaming (unless it's to cut a friend down and get a good laugh... most of us do that), and I got so God D*** sick of hearing about pistols, VWs, and flames. And if I a not mistaken my spider senses tell me that there is someone complaining RIGHT NOW about flames on a board somewhere out there.
    Last edited by xXRavenXx; 04-30-2008 at 07:42 PM.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

For the love of god Bay just tell us something that is true I'm having freakouts because I don't know whats true and what isn't its driving me bonkers, please just tell us one, JUST one thing that is true.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xXRavenXx View Post
    But ya gotta admit that most people here are a bit more open minded, not into flaming (unless it's to cut a friend down and get a good laugh... most of us do that), and I got so God D*** sick of hearing about pistols, VWs, and flames. And if I a not mistaken my spider senses tell me that there is someone complaining RIGHT NOW about flames on a board somewhere out there.
    Whats wrong with flames? I didn't mind them on Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by WarzoneBeta View Post
    For the love of god Bay just tell us something that is true I'm having freakouts because I don't know whats true and what isn't its driving me bonkers, please just tell us one, JUST one thing that is true.
    Simma! Simma Donna!

SAG Strike soon? Will this be a problem for TF2?

AMPTP Breaks Off Talks With SAG
    As expected, the Screen Actors Guild and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers ended their first round of bargaining talks on Tuesday without an agreement. However, although reports had previously described the negotiations as cordial, the latest ones said that they had ended on a bitter note, fueling the belief that the industry would be staggering into another strike in July. Indeed, SAG President Alan Rosenberg told Daily Variety that the guild may ask its members to authorize a strike as early as next week. In a statement, the AMPTP said that SAG's insistence on "unreasonable demands" had been the reason for its decision to discontinue the talks. SAG, it said, had rejected the "fundamental business and labor principles" that the directors', writers' and producers' guilds had already accepted. For its part SAG maintained that it had "modified" its original demands while the AMPTP had refused to budge from its own position. "Our negotiating team is prepared to work around the clock for as long as it takes to get a fair deal. We want to keep the town working," Rosenberg said in a statement. Meanwhile, negotiators for the AMPTP are expected to open negotiations with the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists today (Wednesday). SAG reportedly has 120,000 members; AFTRA, 70,000. About 44,000 belong to both unions.

Just found some more info about the SAG strike.
    http://pro.imdb.com/news/hwr/2008-05-07/frontpage/1
    Strike effect mirrors class struggle7 May 2008 11:02am EDT - By Steven Zeitchik NEW YORK -- The effects of a possible SAG strike on film production is like a certain kind of tax policy: hell on the middle class but benign and even favorable for the rich and poor.

Many midrange studio productions began shoots in the spring, leaving producers and actors with frenetic schedules that are quieting into a lull as a possible actors' walkout looms in July. Movies as diverse as Nottingham, Julie & Julia, Shutter Island and Milk all shot in the spring and look to be getting in under the wire.

But the effects diminish as you move farther away from the middle.

For the biggest productions, the threat of a work stoppage is having a minimal effect. Such date-dependent tentpoles as DreamWorks' Transformers sequel and Halcyon's Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, which Warner Bros. will release, still are rolling the dice and pushing ahead with imminent starts; the costs that could result from a midshoot shutdown, while unwelcome, pale compared with the kinds of margins these films are aiming for.

At the other end of the spectrum, not only is a possible strike having no impact, but it actually is helping many productions. Such indie shingles as the Film Department, Plum Pictures and Two Ton Films have acquired SAG waivers for movies set to start shooting during the next six weeks. They're finding that, after a prestrike logjam, not only has traffic eased but talent suddenly is abundant.

Waivers, then, have become not just license to shoot in the summer -- they're a kind of walking advertisement for actors and crews who want to work without worrying about SAG drama.

"A strike absolutely makes it possible to get the quality of people you normally wouldn't have a shot at," said Mark Gill, co-founder of the Film Department, which is prepping as many as four movies to shoot during the strike, including Bart Freundlich's cougar comedy The Rebound with Catherine Zeta-Jones. Visit HollywoodReporter.com for more ...